Status: New Story! Updates weekly

What Lies Beneath The Surface

FIVE

And some say this can't be real
And I've lost my power to feel tonight
We're all just victims of a crime
When all’s gone and can't be regained
We can't seem to shelter the pain inside
We're all just victims of a crime


I opened my eyes weakly but found everything to be extremely blurry.

What was going on?

“Where am I?” I asked myself as I tried sitting up but I found it quite a challenge.

I heard the singing come to a stop, however the song still played.

Radio?

“It’s about time you’ve woken up. I was wondering if I drugged you too much.” I heard the person chuckle

I attempted to open my eyes again, this time it was blurry for a few seconds before my eye sight adjusted. I lifted my arms up to rub my eyes to only find that both my hands were tied together before looking down at my feet to see them tied together as well.

I looked around in confusion.

I was in a cargo van.

“What the fu-“

“That language is not very lady like,” The person said from the driver’s seat.

I snapped my head towards the front of the cargo van to see a man driving. I caught a glimpse of his eyes in the rearview mirror and gasped.

You!” I screamed while trying to get my hands and feet out of the strongly tied binds.

“I wasn’t too sure if you were going to recognize me, then that would have been awkward.” Sam said while fiddling with the radio station a tad. “There we go.” He mumbled as some punk song came on.

The scary thing was that he was talking as if we were friends.

“Why did you kidnap me? Where are we going? What day is it? What do you plan on doing with me? Are you going to kil-“

“Will you just shut up!” He snapped at me in such a powerful voice that I shrunk away from him, and considering I was sitting in the row right behind him, I felt very unsafe.

Basically this whole situation made me feel unsafe.

“That’s better,” he looked at me through the mirror once more before continuing. “All I can say for now is that you were at the wrong place at the wrong time doll.”

I rolled my eyes because even a complete utter fool can understand that part but I figured that was all I was going to get out of him for now, at least.

I leaned towards the window, which was very tinted, and saw that we were on a highway.

Question was, where were we going and why?

My eyes widened in shock as I saw a sign that read ‘Northbay next exit’.

I may not have been the smartest when it came to maps and directions however I knew that

Northbay was a good day’s drive from my apartment.

He chuckled at my expression, “Don’t worry, we’re just staying a few nights, just until my final plans get settled in.”

I sighed in frustration before turning to look at him, “Can I at least know your real name? It’s not like I’m going anywhere anytime soon.”

He thought about it for a few minutes, “I guess, since the only way you can get away from me is if your body is in a bag, floating down a river,” I shivered at the thought of my death, “It’s Nick.”

“Nick suits you.” I accidently slip out. Sam just seemed too soft for him.

“Just like how Emilee suits you?” He quirked an eyebrow at me before we turned off of the highway and onto city streets.

I didn’t respond except look back out the window, maybe if I remembered places I could somehow be one step closer to freedom.

Nick sharply turned into a parking lot to a diner before stopping.

He turned around to face me, “Now, I’m hungry and you probably are too. If you’re good than things will be that much easier for you, if not,” his eyes turned darker, “I can promise that you won’t survive this. Do you understand?”

I nodded in absolute fear.

Nick smiled at me before motioning me to lift up my hands. He pulled out a small pocket knife and cut the binds off. He then cut my feet free.

“Wear this,” He handed me one of my sweaters. At least he brought my clothes. “We don’t want anyone seeing the red marks on your wrists now do we?” He tilted his head to the side as I put the sweater on.

He opened his door and got out to look around to see if anyone else was out before opening the door for me.

“Now, we’re going to be a happy, in love-couple understand? One wrong move and I won’t hesitate to get rid of you then and there got it?” He said as he gripped my arm tightly getting his point across.

I nodded.

Nick let go of my arm, only to reach of and touch my hair.

“There, that’s a lot better. You can have a shower later if you’re good.”

I nodded obediently.

Nick laced his fingers with mine and he led me into the diner.

What have I gotten myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Long time no update?
I'm upset how no one comments D:
Should I just delete this story?

Please comment&subscribe&check out my other stories
An Ordinary Life? I Don't Think So
Alone In This World