‹ Prequel: Slowly Dying Alone
Status: Active

Slowly Falling Apart

A Marriage of Truths

Image
New Banner!!

Image

The next morning Kylie woke up early snuggled in tightly against Nick. They had arrived in New York late last night and now they had an early morning with being on The Today Show all morning. Nick groaned as he began to wake up. Kylie giggled when he pulled her even tighter into his body.

“Morning,” Nick said in a morning growl.

“Morning,” Kylie whispered. “Are you ready to get up?” she asked. She felt Nick nod against her head.

“Yeah, interview,” he reminded himself. Kylie laughed and pulled herself out of Nick’s grasp. “I’m up,” Nick said as he sat up and allowed the sheets to fall to his waist. Kylie grinned as she moved toward her suitcase. She pulled out a light sundress and then some undergarments. The sundress was airy but would show off a very flat stomach so everyone would see that she was in no way pregnant with a Jonas baby. Kylie had taken a shower the night before so she quickly dressed and then smoothed out the fabric around her stomach. She looked into the floor length mirror and suddenly the vision of her very pregnant showed in the mirror. Kylie gasped and back away from the mirror. Nick looked over with concern.

“What’s wrong?” he asked as he got out of the bed. Kylie shook her head in order to rid herself of the image.

“I just saw myself again,” Kylie whispered as she moved toward the mirror and with caution looked into it.

“Saw yourself how?” Nick asked gently. He walked over toward her and grasped her waist as he looked into the mirror. The image showed itself again, only this time Nick was behind her, holding her close, gently rubbing her very pregnant belly. Nick gasped and Kylie turned toward him.

“You see it?” she asked. Nick just nodded and Kylie frowned. She looked up at Nick her eyes wide.

“Nick, I don’t understand it. I can’t have children,” she whispered. Nick frowned as he turned back toward the mirror. “Could it be wishful thinking?” she asked. Nick shrugged.

“Who knows,” Nick said. “Maybe, but then again, maybe it’s just in our minds,” Nick tried to explain. Kylie frowned. Nick put his hand on Kylie’s flat stomach and pulled her close, her back touching his chest. “Or maybe it’s fate trying to give us a sign,” Nick whispered. Kylie looked at Nick through the mirror.

“I don’t want to get my hopes up,” Kylie whispered her eyes full of the fear of what might never happen. Nick leaned forward and kissed her neck gently.

“I don’t think your dreams are unreal,” he then whispered. Kylie didn’t know what to say.

“I know what I wish for,” she then said. Nick nodded.

“We wish for the same thing,” he agreed. Kylie grinned and turned around and pulled Nick closer.

“What should we do?” Kylie asked. She laced her hands around Nick’s neck and stood on her toes looking him in the eyes.

“Let’s see a doctor, see what our options are. Surely today’s advances in medicine will give us the answer we’ve been looking for,” Nick whispered. Kylie grinned.

“But first, we need to get through today,” she whispered. Nick nodded and grinned back at her before grasping her lips within his. Kylie melted into Nick’s arms and kissed him back heatedly. “You need to get dressed,” Kylie reminded in-between kisses. Nick nodded his head and kissed Kylie one more time.

“I’m going to take a quick shower,” Nick informed as he grabbed his outfit for the day. Kylie nodded in agreement and quickly grabbed her hairbrush and a straightener. She really didn’t need it, but Kylie liked how it helps ease down the natural frizz of her hair. Within five minutes Kylie was ready to go. She put on some wrap around sandals that showed off her newly painted toes.

There was a knock on the door and Kylie hurried to answer it. Ashlyn grinned as Kylie let her in.

“Do I look pregnant?” she asked once Kylie shut the hotel door. Kylie frowned as she looked at her friend. Ashlyn was wearing a peasant blouse that was loose but it still managed to hide her small bump. Ashlyn’s jeans were tight, but not tight enough to make things noticeable.

“No, you look fine,” Kylie promised. “Where is Joe?” she then asked. Ashlyn shrugged.

“Denise and Paul don’t know that we’ve been involved, so they gave us separate rooms. Joe’s is right next to theirs. Mine is next to Kevin and Dani,” Ashlyn said. Kylie nodded in understanding.

“You look very nice,” Kylie said with a smile. Ashlyn grinned at the compliment and nodded.

“Are you nervous?” Ashlyn wanted to know. Kylie frowned.

“A little, but I’m ready for the world to know the truth. I’ll be glad that Nick and I no longer have to hide our relationship. Granted things will be crazy for a while,” Kylie said.

“Yeah, until Joe and I announce our unplanned twins,” Ashlyn complained. Kylie laughed. Just then Nick came out of the bathroom clothed in his jeans and a white under tank with his curly hair wet and slightly dripping. He grinned at Ashlyn and moved to the bed where he placed his shoes and socks on.

“How are you today Ashlyn?” Nick asked kindly. Ashlyn gave a light grin.

“I’m good. Just making sure that nothing could be seen,” Ashlyn said as she unknowingly rubbed her belly. Nick grinned.

“Just make sure you don’t touch your stomach and things should be good,” Nick teased. Ashlyn groaned.

“I can’t do this,” she whispered.

“Yes you can,” Kylie hurriedly replied. “The focus won’t be on you for more then a moment. You’ll be fine. Just stick by Joe and he will help” she encouraged. Nick pulled on a button down long sleeved shirt and buttoned it up to the neck of the under tank.

“You’ll be fine,” Nick agreed as he took the blow dryer and lightly dried his curls. Once he was done he turned to Kylie and Ashlyn. “Are we ready?” he asked with a grin. Kylie looked unsure for a moment but when she looked into Nick’s eyes she nodded.

“I’m ready,” she whispered. Nick gave an understanding smile and took Kylie into his arms.

“I love you,” he whispered his voice full of emotions. Kylie looked up into Nick’s eyes and kissed him. Nick deepened the kiss and groaned. When they pulled away they were both breathless and slightly embarrassed at doing that in front of Ashlyn.

Ashlyn laughed at their embarrassment and opened the hotel door, exiting it. They all headed toward the elevators and made their way to the lobby, where the rest of the family would be meeting them. Ashlyn looked nervous still, but Nick and Kylie had faith that she would be fine. When the elevator let them off at the lobby they all piled out and found, Paul, Denise, Frankie, Kevin and Dani, and Joe all waiting for them.

“Are we ready?” Paul asked kindly as he nodded to Nick and Kylie. Kylie gave her best bright smile and nodded.

“I’m ready,” she assured as she leaned into Nick. Nick tightened his grip and kissed his wife’s temple gently.

So everyone filed out of the lobby, to the vans that The Today Show had provided for today. Kylie sat in the middle next to Nick and rested her head against his shoulder. Ashlyn and Joe sat next to Kylie, while Paul, Denise, and Frankie took the seats behind them. Kevin and Dani chose to sit in the seats in front of Nick and Kylie. Once everyone was settled the driver started the car and they were off. Fifteen minutes later they had pulled up to the lot that The Today Show filmed in. Everyone walked into the building and they were immediately welcomed by the head stage crew.

“I’m Nancy,” she said kindly as she shook everyone’s hand. Paul introduced them all, and Nancy just nodded. “Alright then, Nicholas and Kylie come with me, the rest of you will be with Bob,” she pointed to another stage hand. Kylie looked up at Nick and he just grinned at her before tightly grasping her hand. Kylie followed Nick silently carefully studying the area surrounding her. They stopped in one of the many dressing rooms and Nancy turned to them. “So today is going to be crazy,” Nancy said with a smile. Nick laughed lightly. “Basically, you both will be joining Meredith on stage, with the announcement of your marriage. It will be stated that you both will be here all day, and about an hour before we close we will take twitter messages from viewers who might have questions or comments for you,” Nancy explained.

“Okay,” Kylie said softly.

“What we will do, is we’re going to place you on a couch, and the team will announce that you have a special announcement that you wish to make. You will wave to the camera when asked and then we’ll cut to a commercial. That will give Meredith time to make it to your stage and then she will just give you a basic interview. You’re family will be on stage as well, Joe and Kevin will be sitting next to Nick. With everyone else on the other couch provided. It will all be fairly simple, and hopefully, painless,” Nancy teased.

“I’ll be back to place you in five minutes,” Nancy then said as she walked out of the room. Kylie turned toward Nick and offered him a weak smile.

“I’m more nervous then when you introduced me on Ellen,” she whispered. Nick chuckled and pulled Kylie into his arms.

“You’ll be fine, we’ll get through this…together,” he reassured. Kylie smiled and leaned up kissing him lightly. Nick laced his fingers through her hair and pulled her tightly against his body. “I love you,” Nick whispered, his breath hitting Kylie’s face, giving her a taste of something minty. Kylie grinned and kissed Nick once again.

“I love you too,” she replied against his lips. Nick gently released Kylie, but didn’t allow her to leave his arms.

Image

Five minutes later Nancy was leading them to the room where they would be filming from. Paul, Denise, and Frankie were sitting on a couch that stood higher the others, and it was behind the couch were Nick and Kylie would be sitting. Kevin, Dani, Joe, and Ashlyn were sitting on a couch that angled next to Kylie and Nick’s couch. Ashlyn looked nervous and she was holding on Joe’s hand tightly making him flinch every once and awhile. After a few more flinches Joe whispered something into Ashlyn’s ear causing her to smile and relax. Nancy sat Nick and Kylie down and had them shift until they were close and intimate but not so close that they looked uncomfortable.

“All right, I’ll give the signal, T.V. is there,” she pointed to a monitor in front of them. “Meredith will announce you, and you’ll look into this camera here,” she patted the camera closest to her. “We are on in 60 seconds,” she said. Everyone nodded and turned to the T.V. that was currently nothing more then a black screen at the moment.

Nick squeezed his wife hand and laced it together with his. She looked up at him and grinned. “From this moment on, I will be known as your wife. I can’t wait,” Kylie whispered. Nick grinned with pleasure and lightly kissed her lips.

“I can’t either,” Nick whispered just as Nancy held up five fingers. Nick turned toward the camera, just as the T.V. snapped to live. Some of the Today Show team appeared, currently in the middle of conversation with some fans outside. They turned it back to two other team members, one of who was Meredith.

“Well as promised we will be sitting down with the Jonas family today to discuss family plans and they have a special announcement for us today,” Meredith said with a smile. “Join us after the break as we sit down with the entire family,” Meredith then said. Nancy pointed and waved and everyone waved into the camera doing their best to give a warm excited smile. Nancy rolled her hand and everyone put their hands down.

Meredith soon joined them on the stage and she shook everyone hands.

“Welcome,” she said with a smile. Nancy soon waved and Meredith turned to the camera. Nick and Kylie followed suit. Kylie did her best to keep her nerves down and slightly squeezed Nick’s hand.

“Welcome back to the Today Show. I am sitting with the Jonas family,” she turned. “How is everyone today?” she asked kindly.

“Good,” everyone said in their own mumbling way.

“That is great,” she said. She then turned to Nick and Kylie. “Now I understand that you have a big announcement that you want to make today,” Meredith said. Nick offered a rewarding smile and squeezed Kylie’s hand.

“Yes,” Nick said clearing his throat. “People have been asking Kylie and I about wedding dates, so today we wanted to announce that Kylie and I are already married,” Nick said gently. Meredith gave a kind smile.

“So how long have you been married?” Meredith asked.

“We got married the day after our birthday,” Kylie informed. “I was pretty close to dying and I knew that I loved Nick very much. So we appealed to the courts and they agreed that I had the right to marry, so long we waited for my seventeenth birthday, which also happens to be Nick’s eighteenth,” she explained.

“And why did you keep it a secret for this long?” Meredith asked. Kylie sighed.

“Nick wanted it to come out, but I worried about people’s comments they would make against him. I didn’t want people saying that we married for any other reason then love. It was important to me to make sure that everyone understood that I loved him, and that he was in no way forced to marry me,” Kylie explained.

“I love Kylie,” Nick stated. “She means everything to me, and marrying her was a joy that I was grateful experience,” Nick said with a wide grin. Kylie blushed lightly as Meredith turned to the rest of the family.

“And how did you all feel about them marrying so young?” Meredith asked.

“I can honestly speak for everyone that we were concerned about the idea at first,” Paul spoke up. “But Denise and I knew that Nick and Kylie are more mature then their age. And we understood that Kylie needed the love and support that a marriage could offer. Nick has stood by her, through everything, and she in return supports and love him and has proven that she can handle the lifestyle that Nick and his brother’s live,” Paul explained.

“They really are wonderful to each other,” Kevin said. “I got the chance to watch them while I visited my brothers in California and they have the kind of marriage that most couples dream of having. Kylie is an amazing cook, and she always manages to keep the house they live in, in perfect order. She makes time for Nick, and listens to anything he has to say. They are often so in sync that they don’t even realize how often they complement each other,” Kevin stated. Nick looked down at Kylie at that moment and noticed that she was being to gather tears in the corner of her eyes. He squeezed her hand tightly and pulled their laced hands closely into his lap.

Meredith asked several more questions before commenting that Nick and Kylie would be back on later to answer questions via twitter. When the camera was off she once again shook everyone’s hand and let Nancy take over from there.

“Go ahead and relax in the waiting room, and in a couple hours, we will bring you back in. The rest of you are free to leave if you so wish,” she said with a bright smile.

Image

Two hours later Nick and Kylie were snuggled up against each other when Nancy came back into the room.

“All right we’re ready for you,” she said. Nick nodded and helped his wife stand up. Together they walked back into the room where Meredith was waiting for them. There was now a T.V. set up in-between the couch and the chair were Meredith would be sitting. Nick took a seat and gently pulled Kylie down with him.

“Are you guys ready to answer some questions?” Meredith asked. Kylie nodded.

“I’m nervous, but I think we’re ready,” Kylie stated. Meredith offered a kind smile.

“You’ll be fine. We’ve gone through and picked some fairly good questions. And we don’t usually allow questions that make everyone uncomfortable,” Meredith assured.

“I’m glad,” Kylie breathed. She clasped Nick’s hand tighter and slightly leaned into him. They were turned toward the T.V. so her back rested comfortably against his chest.

“All right, we’re on,” Meredith said as Nancy gave some more signs and pointed to the camera. Everyone turned and Meredith started speaking. Kylie sat up a little straighter but she remained close to Nick.

“Welcome back. I am once again sitting with Nick and Kylie Jonas and we are about to answer some of your questions sent to us via twitter. Are we ready?” she turned to Nick and Kylie.

“Let’s do this,” Nick said with a nod and smile. Meredith laughed lightly and they all turned to the T.V.

“First question is from @JbxFanxForeverx,” Meredith said as the twitter message appeared on the screen. “Hi Nick, Hi Kylie, I’m a huge fan – I was wondering what’s it like to be married? Thnx! #TheTodayShow,” Meredith read out loud. Nick grinned at the question.

“Thanks JbxFanxForeverx for the question,” Nick said politely as he waved into the camera. “First of all let me say that I love being married to Kylie. It’s been wonderful so far. She’s an amazing woman and I always find myself eager to come home each day just to see her,” Nick said making Kylie blush.

“I have to agree, being married has been great. Things are still new and I find myself looking forward to the new things we get to experience together,” Kylie said with a bright smile.

“Great,” Meredith said. “Next question is from @JonasFan05,” Meredith began reading. “Hi #TheTodayShow, Nick, & Kylie, what are your plans for future tour dates? Will Kylie be joining you when you tour?”

“Yes,” Nick said with clear decision, “She will be joining us on tour as much as possible,” he stated. “I will be touring this fall, as will Joe, and Kylie and I have already decided that she will join us. It is most likely that Ashlyn, who has always been like a sister to me, will be joining us as well, since she and Kylie don’t like to go anywhere without each other,” Nick said.

“So you and Ashlyn are close?” Meredith asked. Kylie grinned.

“She’s my best friend. She’s crazy and fun and completely different from me that we just clicked,” Kylie said.

“Are we ready for the next question?” Nick and Kylie nodded. The screen appeared with the next question. “This one is from @NickJOTC,” Kylie giggled at the name, “I’m Kerry & I wanted to know if the JoBros are still together? Are there any plans for the future? #TheTodayShow,” Meredith read.

“We are definitely still a band. I mean they’re my brothers; we currently have no plans in the works, but that just because we want to give Joe a chance at his solo plans. Hopefully we will have something to tell our fans soon,” Nick said.

“And I’m sure you’re fans can’t wait for another Jonas tour, or even a new album,” Meredith assured. “Next question is from OJDProud,” Meredith said as the comment appeared on the screen. “Hi, my question is for Kylie! I was wondering what you like to do in your spare time. Thnx! #JonasObessed4life #TheTodayShow,” Meredith read. Kylie laughed at the messaged and grinned at the screen.

“Well I love to bake; I’m always in the kitchen baking new things. Lately I’ve been working on sweets that are less in sugar. I think so far they’ve been a success since they always seem to disappear from the kitchen,” Kylie said as she casted a sly look over at Nick. Nick laughed.

“They are amazing sweets,” Nick said his face showing no guilt. Kylie laughed and leaned over kissing Nick’s cheek lightly.

“We have time for three more questions, if you both are ready,” Meredith said with a laugh. Nick and Kylie both nodded. “This next question is from @BurningUp4JB OMJ I am so excited & sad to see Nick Married! I wish him the best of luck! Kylie’s the luckiest girl in the world!! Congratz! #TheTodayShow,” Meredith read. Nick and Kylie both laughed at the comment.

“Thanks BurningUp4JB,” Nick said. “I have to say that too am the luckiest guy in the world to get a girl like Kylie,” Nick stated. Kylie awed at his comment and gave a light blush.

“Your fans so far have been great about the announcement,” Kylie said eagerly. Nick nodded in agreement.

“It’s great to know that our fans are so supportive,” he said.

“All right, this next question is from @WhoIAm2010, In a world like Hollywood, what do you believe will help you survive marriage? What you think will make your marriage different? #TheTodayShow,” Meredith read. Kylie sucked in a breath.

“Deep question,” she commented. Nick nodded in agreement.

“I think marriage is based on honesty, respect, love, and commitment to each other. The only way that Kylie and I will last is by working at our marriage every day,” Nick explained.

“Marriage is never easy,” Kylie added. “It’s not something that anyone with ever get a hundred percent right, but I know that with love and support from each other, we can make anything work,” she said.

“That is true,” Meredith agreed. “Last question is from @Tallielessthan3, “What're you're plans for the future and does it involve kids? #TheTodayShow,” Meredith read. Kylie slightly blushed at the question and turned to Nick.

“Well we have discussed a little what we have planned for the future and we would love to have children someday, but we’ve decided to leave that up to God,” Nick explained.

“Chemo is a very powerful drug, and it often leaves people sterile or baron, not allowing them to ever have children of their own. The odds of me being able to have children are very small, but being a foster child myself, I feel for those kids who are left without any family. Nick and I have actually been discussing becoming foster parents ourselves in a couple years. But that this point we have no other plans then just being there for each other and seeing what the future holds,” Kylie added.

“Well that is all we have time for today. Nick, Kylie, thank you both so much for coming into today and sharing your news with us. We wish you both the best of luck in your marriage and look forward to seeing how your futures pan out,” Meredith said as she shook both Nick and Kylie’s hand.

“Thank you for having us,” Nick said graciously.

“Yes thank you, we enjoyed being here,” Kylie added. Nick and Kylie both stood and waved to the camera.

“We’ll be back after the break,” Meredith said as she signed out. Nick and Kylie walked off the stage and back into the break room and gathered all of their things before walking out of the building. A car was waiting for them so they hopped in and Kylie turned to Nick with a smile.

“We did it,” she whispered as Nick pulled her close.

“We did,” he agreed. “You were amazing,” he added before lightly kissing her lips. Kylie grinned and leaned her head against Nick’s shoulder and sighed with relief. She was glad that the whole thing was over. She was looking forward to going home and just being with Nick. It had been a while since they had alone time, so Kylie knew that she would use the time they had left in the hotel, to her advantage. She felt Nick place a kiss against her forehead so Kylie snuggled in deeper against Nick’s shoulder and closed her eyes. She suddenly felt exhausted.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
So clearly those Twitter's are all fake...expect for @Tallielessthan3, that is my Tallie, and she helped me with most of this chapter so I added her as a person!!!

I hope you all love this chapter! Sorry it took so long...it took me forever to write it!!!

Image

Hollister Chloe -- Thanks for the names!!! They were great! I still don't what what I'm going to use, but I loved reading them!!

alicia_9619 -- I have no idea...he comes from Old School Money, so he thinks he runs the world...but everyone knows that the Jonas Brothers do!! lol

drama-queen-ak -- I agree, he is a grumpy old man! No I haven't seen it...send me a link!! And thank you for the birthday wish!!

Breathless Tallie -- Haha!! I so can too!! He's just so sweet! All the time!! Thanks for all your help in this chapter!!!