‹ Prequel: Slowly Dying Alone
Status: Active

Slowly Falling Apart

Another Truth Revealed

Image
New banner!!

Image

Two weeks after Kylie and Nick’s interview, Payton walked into her doctor’s office a little concerned about having to be there. She hated doctors, but really she was worried about the way she’s been feeling.

“Payton Henrie,” Payton said when she walked up to the reception desk. The lady smiled.

“I’ll let the doctor know your here,” she assured kindly. Payton nodded and went to go sit down. She looked around the room and was glad that the room was pretty much empty. Not that it really mattered, because Payton wasn’t in the news as much as Kylie and Ashlyn wear. No one seemed to really care that David Henrie had married, and unless something major happened, no one ever would – which suited Payton just fine.

“Payton,” the nurse called a few minutes later. Payton stood and walked past the nurse. “How are you this morning, Payton?” the nurse asked.

“I’m good, just here for a check-up,” Payton responded. The nurse nodded and began going through the motions. Once Payton was settled in the room the nurse left her alone. For the next hour Payton went threw the motions. After having her blood drawn she was once again back in the room waiting for the doctor to give her results.

“Hello Payton,” the doctor said as she came in carrying a clipboard.

“Hello, thank you for seeing me on such short notice,” Payton said as she shook the doctors hand.

“It’s not a problem,” the doctor assured. “I’ve gone through all of your tests, and…” she paused reading the papers on the clipboard. “Well Payton, you’re about eight weeks pregnant,” the doctor said. Payton looked up at the doctor in shock.

“I’m sorry, what?” Payton asked after several minutes. “Did you say…?” she trailed off.

“Pregnant? Yes,” the doctor nodded.

“How is that possible? I’m on the pill, and we always use condoms,” Payton whispered.

“I understand you’re confused and shock, but these things do happen,” the doctor said gently. “You’re best option is to go home and talk to your husband about what you want to do now,” the doctor informed.

“Well thank you doctor,” Payton said as she stood. The doctor handed Payton a business card.

“This is one of the best gyno’s in Dallas; please call her within the week to make an appointment. These appointments are always best when the father is involved,” the doctor said. Payton nodded. She then left and hurried home. When she got there David was sitting at the table eating a sandwich. When David looked up Payton almost collapsed in tears.

“Honey, what’s wrong?” David asked gently as he stood and took Payton into his arms. Payton leaned into him and cried, hard. David soothed her and just held onto her tightly. “Talk to me baby,” David whispered.

“I’m pregnant,” Payton whispered against David’s shoulder. David froze and suddenly hugged Payton tighter.

“Oh honey,” David whispered.

“I know we decided this wasn’t going to happen, and I know we’ve been so careful, but the doctor said it happens often,” Payton tried her best to explain.

David laughed as he pushed Payton back so he could look at her.

“Honey, these things do happen, I know we said we weren’t ready, but clearly, what we wanted isn’t going to be a factor. We will love this baby, and I know our families will be thrilled,” David said softly. “We’ll be fine,” he assured.

Image

Kylie giggled as Nick buried his head against her neck.

“Stop,” she giggled as Nick kissed her ticklish spot. Nick laughed and leaned over kissing her cheek gently.

“This has been the best two weeks,” Nick whispered as he rolled Kylie over and kissed her deeply. Kylie sighed as she passionately kissed Nick back.

“Hmm,” Kylie whispered when Nick pulled away. “I agree,” she said. These last two weeks had been quiet, drama free, and a major plus was that Joe and Ashlyn hadn’t really been fighting. Just then their bedroom door opened and Ashlyn came running through to their bathroom. Kylie turned and looked as she heard Ashlyn heaving into the toilet. Kylie turned to Nick.

“Joe must have locked the bathroom again,” Nick whispered as he sat up and quickly pulled on a pair of boxers and his tank. He then tossed Kylie one of his longer shirts and her underwear. He leaned over and kissed her once again.

“I love you,” he whispered as he grinned and kissed her collar bone. Kylie giggled and sighed when Nick kissed her one last time.

“I love you too,” Kylie whispered as she threw on the shirt and quickly glided her underwear on. Kylie then sat up and hurried out of the bed toward Ashlyn. She turned back to Nick. “Please remind Joe that he can’t lock that door…and that this is the third time this week,” Kylie asked nicely. Nick nodded in agreement and stepped into a pair of jeans before stepping out of the room. Kylie walked into the bathroom and leaned down to move Ashlyn’s hair out of her face.

“I’m going to kill him,” Ashlyn groaned once she was able to talk again. Kylie sighed and handed Kylie the toothbrush she’d taken to leaving out for her. “Thanks,” Ashlyn whispered. “I’m sorry,” she then whispered. Kylie grinned.

“Don’t be, I understand that you have no control over your stomach,” Kylie assured. “Our twins are really active,” she teased. Ashlyn laughed as she stood.

“Sawyer,” Joe said his voice full of fear as he ran into the bathroom and looked at his girlfriend. “I am so sorry,” Joe said. “I completely forgot…again,” he sighed. He walked carefully to Ashlyn and she leaned into him gently.

“Joe, I love you…but you’re an idiot,” Ashlyn whispered. Kylie laughed.

“As touching as this all is, my wife is half naked,” Nick said from the bathroom doorway. Joe groaned and buried his head into Ashlyn’s shoulder.

“Come on, we’ll have this discussion in our room,” Ashlyn said as she quickly led Joe away. She turned back to Kylie, “Thank you,” she said. Kylie grinned and nodded. Kylie then turned back to Nick and grinned as he walked toward her. Nick gently took her into his arms and hugged her close.

“Are you feeling okay?” Nick asked as he took her cheeks into his hands. Kylie grinned and nodded.

“I feel great, why?” she asked.

“You just look a little pale, that’s all,” Nick explained. Kylie frowned and looked into the mirror. She looked up and down her body and gave a soft frown.

“I think I’ve put on weight,” she said after a few moments. Nick grinned.

“You are fuller,” he teased as he wrapped his arms around her waist. “But I like it, you look more natural,” he stated. Kylie laughed as Nick pulled her closer into his chest.

“Come on, let’s go get breakfast started,” Kylie said as she grasped Nick’s hand and pulled him out of the bathroom.

Image

Ashlyn was getting dressed when she felt a pair of hands roam across her bare belly. Ashlyn leaned back against Joe’s arms and let him explore the place where his children rested.

“I can’t believe we’re going to be parents,” Joe whispered as he leaned his chin against Ashlyn’s shoulder.

“It is a little scary to imagine,” Ashlyn agreed with a sigh. Joe’s fingers were sending butterflies across her skin.

“I hope we’ll be amazing parents,” Joe stated. Ashlyn smiled as she turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“You are going to be the best father in the world,” Ashlyn assured. “I know I had my doubts, but they had nothing to do with you, they were mainly just my fears about becoming a mother,” Ashlyn whispered. Joe frowned.

“What do you mean? Sawyer, you’re the only woman I could ever imagine being the mother of my children,” Joe said as he searched her eyes. Ashlyn smiled.

“I know, but I didn’t have the best example growing up, and I guess I fear that I could turn out like my dad. I don’t want to hurt my kids,” Ashlyn admitted. Joe leaned down and kissed Ashlyn’s lips softly.

“You are the most amazing woman I know, and I have no doubts that you will be an amazing mom, for the reason you just stated. Honey, you are not your father, and you never could be. Even in all the years you got mad at me, you never once, tried to hit me,” Joe’s eyes held her gaze. “And trust me, you’ve gotten very pissed at me,” he said with a teasing smile. Ashlyn laughed and then sighed.

“I’m ready to tell your parents, whenever you are,” Ashlyn then said. Joe grinned.

“All right then,” he whispered. “I want Nick and Kylie to be there with us, so we’ll talk to them about it at breakfast. Is that all right with you?” Joe asked softly. Ashlyn grinned.

“I’m glad you want them there, because so do I,” Ashlyn admitted. Joe smiled and kissed her once again.

“We’ll get through this…together,” he assured. Ashlyn nodded before releasing Joe from her grasp. Ashlyn quickly threw a shirt over her, and grasped Joe’s hand. Joe then led Ashlyn down the stairs into the kitchen were Nick and Kylie were cooking. Ashlyn watched silently as Nick leaned over and kissed Kylie’s neck making her giggle.

“You two are sick,” Joe teased with a grin. Kylie turned and gave Joe a big smile.

“Maybe so, but you love us,” she teased right back. Joe laughed as he pulled Ashlyn toward the kitchen table. They both sat down just as Kylie placed the pancakes, yogurt, and fruit on the table. Ashlyn frowned at the food.

“Are you trying to make me sick?” Ashlyn asked as she looked up at Kylie. Kylie grinned and shook her head.

“No, your breakfast in front of you,” she assured. Ashlyn looked down at her eggs and bacon and grinned.

“You know me so well,” Ashlyn teased. Nick laughed as he and Kylie sat down at the table with the juice.

“So what’s with the health food?” Joe asked with a frown. Nick smiled.

“Oh that’s what Nick and Kylie usually eat,” Ashlyn said. “Kylie makes foods that are low in sugar which is a good thing for Nick,” Ashlyn said before handing Joe one of her pieces of bacon. “If you want something different, you have to make it,” she then teased. Joe frowned as he looked at Ashlyn’s plate. Ashlyn shrugged. “I can’t cook.”

“And she’s pregnant,” Kylie said. Nick smiled and leaned over kissing Kylie’s cheek before placing food on his plate.

“So Sawyer and I were talking, and we both feel that we are ready to tell mom and dad about the twins,” Joe said after clearing his throat. Nick looked up with a smile.

“I’m glad, I think mom and dad will be excited about becoming grandparents,” Nick stated. Kylie nodded with a smile.

“We were hoping that you guys would come with us to tell them,” Ashlyn whispered. Kylie nodded.

“Of course, Ashlyn,” she whispered. “You’ve been there for me when I needed you, the least I can do is be there for you,” Kylie stated firmly.

“You’re my brother,” Nick said to Joe, “I’m always willing to be there for you,” he assured. Joe nodded with relief.

“I’m glad…I want you both to know that Sawyer and I would not be able to do this without either of you,” Joe whispered. Kylie grasped Joe’s hand and squeezed it lightly.

“You’re family, and not only that, you’re our best friends…we would do anything for the both of you,” Kylie stated firmly. Joe smiled and nodded. He squeezed her hand before releasing it gently.

“We should get this over with…before I change my mind,” Ashlyn said making everyone else laugh. Nick nodded.

“We can go right after breakfast,” Nick stated. The rest of the meal was silent. After breakfast everyone went to their bedrooms and finished getting ready for the day. When they met back in the front room no one said anything. They walked out to Nick’s car and everyone got in, with Nick driving they were soon off. Ashlyn looked over at Joe and silently took his hand, linking it with hers. When Joe looked up Ashlyn gave him a reassuring smile.

“We’ll be okay,” she whispered. “We have each other,” she stated. Joe smiled and leaned over, kissing her gently.

“I love you,” he whispered. Ashlyn smiled.

“I love you too,” she replied. When she looked up at Nick and Kylie she smiled at the knowing looks they were giving each other. “Evil,” she muttered under her breath. Joe laughed and kissed her cheek.

Image

Kylie knew that this day was going to be long, but she hoped that it would be a successful day. Nick pulled into his parents drive and they all stepped out of the car. Nick came around and quietly slipped his hand into hers. Nick led the pack into the house.

“Mom, Dad” Nick called. Denise stepped out of the kitchen and smiled.

“Hey guys,” she greeted. Kylie smiled.

“Hey mom, can you and dad meet us in the living room?” Joe asked. Denise nodded.

“Of course honey,” she replied as she walked out of the hall and into Paul’s office. Just then the front door opened and Kevin and Dani entered.

“Hey,” Kevin greeted in surprise. Kylie looked at Ashlyn and Joe and Ashlyn just nodded.

“Hey Kev, listen we were about to discuss some things with mom and dad, would you and Dani like to join us in the living room?” Joe asked. Kevin frowned but he nodded as everyone filed into the living room. Nick, Kylie, Ashlyn, and Joe all took the long couch, so Kylie could sit next to Ashlyn in support.

Once everyone was gathered in the living room, Joe grasped Ashlyn’s hand and faced his parents.

“I’ve asked everyone here today, because Ashlyn and I have some very important information that we want to share,” Joe started. He looked over at Ashlyn but she was too busy studying her jeans. Kylie gently patted Ashlyn’s arm and Ashlyn looked up.

“I’m pregnant,” Ashlyn whispered. Denise gasped and stood.

“Oh honey,” she whispered as she kneeled before Ashlyn. “How long?” she asked gently.

“Almost fifteen weeks,” Ashlyn replied. She looked up at Joe and he nodded. “Its twins,” she then added. Denise almost sobbed.

“Oh Ashlyn, what you must have been through,” Denise whispered. Ashlyn grinned shyly.

“I wasn’t alone; Kylie and Nick have been there for me almost the entire time, and when I finally managed to tell Joe, and he too has been very supportive. Oh Mrs. Jonas, I am so sorry that Joe and I broke our promise,” Ashlyn sobbed. Denise pulled Ashlyn into her arms.

“Ashlyn, I am not mad. Paul and I might be in shock for a while, but the idea of becoming a grandmother is very appealing,” Denise assured. Then Denise turned to Kylie. “Thank you dear, for being there for her,” Denise whispered.

“She’s always been there for me, why wouldn’t I be there for her?” Kylie shrugged. Denise then looked at Kylie carefully.

“Are you feeling all right dear?” Denise asked in concern. Kylie frowned and turned to Nick. He too looked concerned.

“I’m sure I’m fine, but Nick made a comment that I’ve been looking pale,” Kylie stated. “But I honestly feel fine. I’ve been gaining weight and I have curves now,” Kylie smiled. Everyone laughed.

“Do you know the sex of the babies yet?” Dani asked. Joe shook his head.

“Sawyer and I have both decided that we want to be surprised. We’ve been talking a lot and Sawyer prefers to be near Kylie during the length of her pregnancy, so Nick and Kylie have agreed to Sawyer staying with them,” Joe explained. Kevin frowned.

“So you’re not getting married?” he asked. Joe shook his head.

“If there is one thing neither of us wants is a marriage because of a pregnancy. Sawyer and I will get married when we both feel ready,” Joe stated. Paul nodded.

“Have you considered how you want this news to get out, with the media and fans?” Paul asked. Joe shrugged.

“I’m not ready for the world to know, not until there is no chance of hiding my pregnancy. And even then I’d just rather let you and Joe handle it. I won’t be making any statements,” Ashlyn said firmly. Denise nodded.

“That is certainly something we can manage, but you will need to be there with Joe,” Paul then said. Ashlyn nodded.

“Even though neither of you feel ready for marriage, maybe Joe should buy Ashlyn a ring?” Kevin questioned. Joe frowned as he looked over at Ashlyn.

“Sawyer?” he whispered. Ashlyn looked at him and shrugged.

“If you want to,” she replied. “I don’t think it will really matter,” she stated. Ashlyn looked over at Paul. “What do you think?” she asked. Paul was silent for a moment.

“I agree, I don’t think it will really matter, but it might lessen blows if we announce an engagement now several months before we announce the pregnancy it might make the backlash easier,” Paul explained. Ashlyn nodded.

“Then lets do it,” she said. “Anything to make this easier on Joe,” Ashlyn whispered. Joe squeezed her hand and Ashlyn looked up at him with a small grin. Kylie looked over at Nick and saw him smiling at her. She smiled back and leaned into him snuggling deep into his arms. She was glad that things were going so well for Ashlyn.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know, It's been so long, and I am so sorry! Please do not give up on me, I am trying to get things done, but it's so hard when I'm trying to balance a family, school, and writing. Nothing much to say today, Oh, I am still working on Avery...I'm just in a tough spot right now!

Image

Thank you to all my fans, you all rock!!

Image

So as many of you might know, Breathless Tallie, is one of my bestie's!! Well she has a new story that is beyond AWESOME! And I really believe everyone should go and check it out!!

And I Was Enchanted To Meet You -- It's seriously really good!! So please go check it out!!

Image

Breathless Tallie -- I love that I can make you smile!

alicia_9619 -- lol, I thought about Ashlyn...or Joe blurting out the pregnancy, but I figured people would hate me for it!

jbhslover12 -- Here you are!! Sorry it took so long!!

writeforfun -- Yes I swear I am going somewhere with the weird mirror thing! Promise!