‹ Prequel: Slowly Dying Alone
Status: Active

Slowly Falling Apart

Relationships Equal Pain

Image

Image

Dani was more ashamed then anything else. She couldn’t believe that she got so careless as to forget about the paparazzi. They were heartless when it came to stars and their families. Dani walked into her empty house and sighed.

“Dani are you there?” Dani heard Payton call from the front door. Dani knew this was coming; Payton had been ignoring her for two weeks.

“In the living room,” Dani called. She sat down on the couch and curled her feet under her. Payton walked in and smiled.

“Hey, long time no see,” she teased lightly. Dani laughed.

“I thought you might have been mad at me,” Dani admitted. Payton frowned.

“Why?” Payton asked as she sat down in Kevin’s chair. She then looked around. “Where’s Kevin?” Payton asked in confusion. Dani sighed.

“You mean, you haven’t seen?” Dani asked. Payton shook her head – no. Dani took the magazine from the table next to couch and handed it to her best friend. Payton looked at it for a moment before frowning.

“Is that you kissing my….brother?” Payton asked in disbelief. Dani sighed.

“It’s just the angle,” Dani said. Payton looked up.

“The angle? Dani, how were they able to get this angle?” Payton wanted to know. Dani shrugged.

“It may have been from when we were hugging goodbye,” Dani admitted. Payton gasped.

“Why were you in my brother’s home in the first place? He’s supposed to be getting over you,” Payton said. Dani winced.

“I know, I needed advice and I went to James. I know I shouldn’t have, but I did. It was stupid, and James was pissed at me,” Dani said.

“Dani, are you trying to ruin your marriage?” Payton asked. Dani felt the tears.

“No…I’ve just felt so lost, since I lost the baby. I’ve wanted to talk to Kevin, but I’ve been so afraid,” Dani whispered. Payton sighed.

“So I ask again, where is Kevin?” Payton repeated. Dani shrugged.

“I came home last week, and there was a note claiming that I was being unfaithful. Apparently someone sent Kevin the magazine before it went into print. He called me, but he left a message, not telling me anything…just that he needed to get out of town on business. But I have a feeling that he’s in LA with the rest of his brothers,” Dani said. Payton nodded.

“That would make sense…but since I know he’s not staying with Joe, he has to be with Nick and Kylie. Of course it doesn’t help that Nick, Kylie, and Ashlyn are planning to come home in a day or two,” Payton said. Dani frowned.

“What do you mean?” Dani wanted to know. Payton shrugged.

“Kylie called me, and asked if I would be willing to have the cleaning service go through their house and have it aired out. She wanted to make sure I could be there to monitor the deed. Since Nick owns the condo, I’m assuming that Kevin will either be coming home with them, or staying with Joe,” Payton explained. Dani was suddenly confused.

“Joe’s not coming with his girlfriend?” Dani asked. Payton smiled.

“No, they’re on this weird break or something. But then again, I only know what I read. It’s just been stated that Joe’s been seen with some other girl, and Ashlyn is rarely ever seen.” Dani gasped.

“How is it that I don’t know anything that goes on within my own family?” Dani asked in disbelief. Payton shrugged.

“Maybe you’ve just been too into your own issues, to see what everyone else is going through,” Payton suggested.

“I guess…I just don’t understand. Kylie used to come to me about things,” Dani sighed.

“As far as I know, Kylie hasn’t been having any issues. She seems to still be happily married. From what Denise told me, Nick and Kylie are going strong,” Payton assured. “And we both know that Ashlyn wouldn’t go to any of us with her issues,” Payton smiled. Dani laughed.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do,” Dani admitted in a whisper.

“I don’t either,” Payton sighed. They both leaned back into the seats and just sat there. Dani had to do something…her marriage couldn’t be over…it just couldn’t.

Image

Joe was going insane. He didn’t know what to do.

“What do you mean…she’s leaving? Leaving where?” Joe asked his brother. Nick frowned.

“She’s going home with me and Kylie,” Nick informed. “She a…she doesn’t want to see you,” he added. Joe frowned.

“Is she breaking up with me? I mean, why are you here instead of her?” Joe asked in disbelief. Nick shrugged.

“As I was leaving she yelled that she didn’t want to see you…in any way, shape, or form,” Nick said. “Kylie said she’s just going through some emotional things that are hard to understand,” Nick added.

“And you didn’t ask Kylie more then that?” Joe practically yelled. Nick frowned.

“I am not going to badger my wife over something that is none of my business,” Nick said. “She’s been going through enough without me trying to figure out her and Ashlyn’s secrets,” Nick countered. Joe groaned.

“What do you mean she’s been going through enough?” Joe asked suddenly concerned. Nick sighed.

“She’s been dizzy lately. Her doctor said that as her marrow gets stronger it will happen, and that we shouldn’t be concerned, but the other night she practically fainted on me. It scared me half to death, but her doctor told me later that night that it was normal and that as long as she’s not weak after waking up from her nap I shouldn’t be concerned,” Nick said.

“But…”

“But she’s my wife, and I’ll always be concerned for her,” Nick finished. Joe nodded.

“Why can’t Sawyer and I have what you and Kylie have?” Joe complained. Nick laughed.

“You could, if you were willing to work at it,” Nick countered. Joe shrugged.

“Yeah right…all Sawyer ever wants from me is to keep her happy. I can’t seem to do anything right with her anymore,” Joe said.

“You’re such an idiot Joe,” Nick stated, “Ashlyn would give you the world…all she is asking is that you love her and remain faithful. She just wants to know that when you go out, she can trust you. If you can’t do that, then you shouldn’t be leading her by a string. It’s not fair on Ashlyn,” Nick said with a determined passion. Joe looked at his brother in disbelief.

“Yeah, because that’s so easy,” Joe retorted. Nick frowned.

“It is…I love Kylie, so much so, that other women don’t even get a second glance from me. Kylie is more then enough for me, and if you truly love Ashlyn, then she should be more then enough for you,” Nick stated in a flat tone. Joe could see the passion when Nick talked about his wife. Joe couldn’t honestly say that he had the same passion for Sawyer. Sure he loved her, more then any other woman he’s dated, but was that truly enough?

“I just…I just don’t know,” Joe finally whispered. Nick shook his head in disappointment.

“If you don’t figure it out, you will lose her, and then you’ll be truly sorry,” Nick said as he looked down at his phone. “I have to go,” he then said. Nick looked back up at Joe and just frowned before turning around and leaving the room. Joe sighed as he watched his brother leave. How was he supposed to have what Nick and Kylie had? They were meant for each other, and it was clear from day one that they had what it took. Joe enjoyed life, and he didn’t want to be tied down too early, but did that mean he wanted to lose Sawyer? Joe didn’t know, and that thought was a little frightening. Joe looked down at the blank paper in front of him and frowned. Now what was he supposed to do?

Image

Ashlyn was tired and nauseous and dizzy. She was lying down on her bed after losing another bout of food from lunch. Kylie leaned forward and gently ran a cool rag against Ashlyn’s forehead.

“I feel like I’m going to be sick,” Ashlyn moaned. Kylie sighed.

“Do I need to get you a bucket?” Kylie asked kindly. Ashlyn wanted to shake her head no, but she couldn’t move.

“No…but thank you,” Ashlyn whispered. Kylie smiled. Ashlyn didn’t know why Kylie was so kind to her, but for once she was glad that Kylie was. Ashlyn didn’t think she could get through this pregnancy without Kylie. “I don’t know why they call this morning sickness,” Ashlyn complained. Kylie laughed softly and once again ran the rag down Ashlyn’s forehead.

“I know,” she soothed. “For you it would be more like all-day sickness,” she stated. Ashlyn sighed. “We need to leave in about five minutes,” Kylie then reminded. Ashlyn nodded. Kylie had gotten them a doctor’s appointment before they left for Texas. Ashlyn was grateful that Kylie was being so supportive.

“Are they going to be keeping this to themselves?” Ashlyn asked. The last thing she needed was it getting out that she was pregnant with Joe’s baby.

“Yes, I placed the name under an assumed name and the doctor’s assistant promised to get us into a room as soon as we got there,” Kylie answered. Ashlyn give a light nod.

“Okay, I need to get up,” Ashlyn said. Kylie took the cloth away and Ashlyn slowly sat up. “I’m going to change. I’ll meet you downstairs, okay?” Kylie nodded. She walked out of the room and Ashlyn got off the bed. She changed as quickly as she could and then made her way down the stairs. She stopped just before she reached the final steps. Nick was holding Kylie close, smiling. Ashlyn smiled at the picture.

“Are you going to be okay?” Nick asked as Ashlyn watched Nick look his wife over with concern. Kylie gave a loving smile.

“I’ll be fine,” she promised. “I haven’t felt dizzy in days,” she assured. Ashlyn frowned. Kylie’s been sick?

“I’m glad,” Nick whispered softly. “When you get back, we’ll spend some alone time,” he stated. Kylie’s face beamed with happiness. Ashlyn didn’t get it. How could Nick be so understanding with his wife, yet Joe seemed to sometimes forget that she was even alive? “How is Ashlyn doing?” Nick asked. Ashlyn held her breath.

“She’s pissed Nick. She doesn’t know what to do with Joe. I mean she’s going through so much, and she feels that she can’t turn to him. I know he’s your brother, but he really can be an idiot,” Kylie said. Ashlyn released the breath she was holding and smiled lightly. So far Kylie was keeping her secret.

“I know, I told him the same thing,” Nick said. Ashlyn didn’t get it. Joe was their family, yet they both seemed to be taking her side to the situation. She wasn’t sure about how she felt about that. Ashlyn sighed as she stepped down the final steps.

“Ready?” Kylie asked as she looked over. Ashlyn nodded. Kylie looked back at Nick and pushed up to kiss him. Nick smiled.

“I love you,” Nick whispered with love. Kylie smiled.

“I love you too,” Kylie whispered as she took one more kiss. Ashlyn turned to the door, their emotions and love was just too much for her. She couldn’t bear to look at it.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
All right my wonderful readers. I need a Selena Gomez look-a-like who is several years (20ish - 25ish) older. She does not need to look exactly like Selena, but I need a similar looking girl. I can not tell you all why I need the look-a-like, please just know that it is story related. Please give me names of anyone who you think would be a good look-a-like!

Image

why.LOVE.me? -- I agree...Ash is going through so much right now and Joe is acting like a jerk. I honestly do not know what will happen to them, but you can bet that it will be drama related. And Kylie will be fine...I've read that marrow transplants make a person very weak and tired, and I just wanted to show that even though her cancer is gone (maybe for now, maybe not...I can't not say) she is still feeling the affects of the things that were done to her.

x0snowandsoccer0x -- Ahh I know! Pretty exciting huh?

Hollister hobo -- Thank you! I love making banners, and even though it can be a process I find it about as enjoyable as writing! I am hoping to take some classes soon to learn how to do more!

Into It - Over It -- I love it to! People are pretty opinionated about those two and it makes writing about them more fun!

alicia_9619 -- Wow! Well she wouldn't be pregnant yet. When I was pregnant with my first child I did not know I pregnant for several weeks. However with my second child I seemed to know within the week that I was pregnant! If Kylie does become pregnant I would still have to decide how I want to go about it...and even decide if I want to make Kylie pregnant, but I should know that within a couple chapters whether that will happen or not...but I don't want to give too much away!