Status: Done writing this...just posting now :)

Falling to Pieces

Slipped Away

“Oh my God,” I whispered as I stared in the mirror, I was in my mother’s wedding dress ready to be married in about ten minutes.
Lindsey, Andy, and Ivy stood behind me in sundresses. We didn’t have much time to re-create my mother’s wedding, as I would have liked to.
“I cant believe I'm getting married,” I whispered.
“Just think,” Lindsey said, “You’ll be my sister-in-law in about ten minutes.”
“I cant believe I'm getting married,” I repeated.
The week had gone by so quick, and I couldn’t even plan my wedding. I was constantly in bed. Plus I had the whole thing about my father and Kyle now.
“Joel?” I had asked him the a few nights before.
“Yes?”
“How can you tell whose a vampire and whose a werewolf and such?” I asked.
He shrugged. “You cant really. I mean they have gold eyes, but most of them wear contacts to blend in. Vampire have blue eyes, but most people have blue eyes, so its not that weird.”
I laughed.
“What?”
“Its just that you think that you hide it so good, but its really obvious that you're not like other people,” I said.
He frowned. “You didn’t notice it.”
“I knew you were different, I wasn’t going to call you immortal though.”
He laughed. “This is an interesting night. Don't you want to have a bachelorette party or something?”
I laughed and he gave me this funny look.
“Why are you laughing at me, that’s a custom thing right?” He asked.
“Yeah, but why on Earth would I want to have a party when I can barely stand up, both physically and of course the fact that I don't do well with parties,” I said.
He laughed now, seeing the humor.
“And what about you?” I asked, “Shouldn’t you be having some bachelor party?”
He shook his head. “I much rather not be hung over on our wedding day.”
I smiled and looked at my ring again.
“Its very pretty,” I said.
He smiled and kissed the ring that was on my finger.
“I cant believe I’m getting married,” I whispered.
“Why?”
“Its just has never been a priority, I mean and this young,” I said.
“I know what you mean,” he said, “Well, more of the fact that I would ever love someone enough to get married.”
I smiled.
Lindsey looked at me with a weird expression on her face.
“I’ll be back.”
* * * * *
Joel stood at the end of the aisle. Any moment now, Rose would come through those doors. He couldn’t stand still.
“Stop fidgeting,” Nethiel said, behind him.
He smiled.
And then the doors opened.
But his expression fell when he saw Lindsey running down the aisle.
“Joel,” she said, “Its her dad.”
Joel stared at confusion. “What about him?”
“I could smell its scent on her! Her dad is a werewolf!” She hissed in hushed tones, “Not only that, but Joel he’s the one that killed my clan.”
Joel tensed.
“How do you know it was her dad?” He asked, “Her dad left her.”
“I could smell his blood, it smells like her.”
“No,” he hissed, “She does not have werewolf blood in her.”
“She doesn’t, but he does, I can smell the similarity. It only runs in the males, Joel.”
“I don't understand. What about Ivy? What about Andy?”
“They were both bitten by a werewolf. Only males are born with it. ‘Were’ means man.”
“So you're telling me that there has been a werewolf with Rose?” He hissed. “When?”
Lindsey ran a hand through her curled hair, stressed.
“I don't know, last night maybe, it was sometime recent,” she said.
“Last night!” He yelled.
People looked over at them.
He just felt the truth of it set in. Rose belongs to a family that is the enemy. And we’ve been at war since the two species collided.
It doesn’t change how you feel about her.
It does about our future.
She’s dying anyway.
I’m not going to let that happen.
You already have.
Stop.
You should have listened to me to begin with. You shouldn’t have got involved.
Yeah well.
What will you do now?
Fix it.
Joel looked at Lindsey and then walked down the aisle.
“Joel?”
He opened the doors to see the girls standing there with there dresses on. No Rose.
“Where is she?” he asked.
“She said she needed a moment,” Heaven said.
Joel ran down the hall and to the room where the bridesmaids and the bride were suppose to get ready. He knocked.
But no one answered.
“Rose?” He asked, opening the door.
She was sitting on the floor, her dress was sprawled out around her.
“Joel?” She whispered.
He sat in front of her. “What's wrong?”
“Is the wedding suppose to start? Why are you in here? You cant see me in my dress its bad luck,” she babbled.
He took her hand in his. “I think we’ve already have bad luck on our side.”
She looked at him like she would cry.
“Hey, don't cry,” he whispered.
“What is it? You don't want to get married?” She asked.
He laughed, and that was wrong to do, but the idea of him not wanting to marry her was so funny.
“Of course I want to,” he laughed, “You silly girl. I’m talking about the fact that your family is werewolves.”
Her eyes widened.
“How…?”
“Lindsey recognized the scent,” he said, “It was the same werewolf that killed her clan.”
And then she began to cry.
“See you cant see me in my wedding dress,” she said.
He smiled at her reasoning and pulled her in his arms. “You know that I don't believe in luck.”
“What are we going to do?” she asked.
He hugged her close. “Get married of course.”
She sniffled, then laughed.
“You know what I mean,” she said.
He nodded. “I know what you mean, but I don't know how to answer.”
She smiled. “We just have everything stacked against us don't we?” she asked.
“It sure seems that way doesn’t it?”
“Do you regret it?” She whispered.
“Never, I only regret that I cant change what I am for you, so you wouldn’t have to deal with all this danger.”
She closed her eyes and he wondered if she was feeling dizzy.
“Are you alright?” he asked.
She opened her eyes. “I’m perfect.”
She stood up and waited for him to.
“Now get out! Or who knows, maybe we’ll find out that I have a sister who’s a Velion.”
“I wouldn’t jinx us,” he said, leaving.
He smiled and walked down the aisle. Lindsey ran to him.
“Is she alright?”
“She’ll be right out.”
He stood at the alter.
“Oh and Joel?”
“Yes?”
“Kyle isn’t here to walk her down,” she said.
“Problem after problem,” he sighed.
She laughed and quickly ran down the aisle and trough the doors.
The doors opened again. This time it was for the ceremony. He watched all the girls come down the aisle and then he smiled when everyone stood.
Rose stood at the end of the aisle. She smiled at him.
Then it happened. The moment he’d never forget in his life: her eyes dazed.
“No,” he whispered.
He ran down the aisle as fast as he could, but he was still too late, she slipped through his fingers.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's getting to the end my friends