Adopted By My Chemical Romance

Huge Hummer For A Huge Dog

I walked inside and went to the front desk. They were still open since they were an emergency vet’s office.

“I am here to pick up Dakota the bull mastiff and four ferrets. They should be under the name Nicole Likner.” I told the lady setting behind the counter.

She typed in something to the computer.

“Let’s go get your animals then Nicole.”

We walked back into the rows of kennels. I saw Dakota lying on the floor. She picked her head up and looked at me. Her tail started wagging and her ears perked up.

“Dakota hey babes.” I said to her

The old lady handed me a leash and opened the gate. I walked in and hooked the neon yellow leash to her collar.
We walked back into another room that had cages and such things for smaller animals in it. I saw my ferrets. I could tell that they were mine because there were 2 white ones with brown dots on the tops of their heads and 2 completely black ones. It was quite rare to find ferrets colored like that which is why I paid a good amount of money for them.

“We kept everything that you had for them so you don’t have to buy anything except food.”

“Show me were all of their stuff is and I will load it and be on my way.”

She led me over to a stack of tubs that had “LIKNER” printed on them.

“I will go get Shane to help you with these.” She said and walked away

I dug through one tub and found the ferrets transport carrier. I turned around and came face to face with the guy who must be Shane. He was the stereo-typical emo boy with black hair and skinny jeans. Eye liner caked his ice blue eyes.

“I'm Shane and I'm supposed to help you move these tubs to your car I think.” He said while looking me over.

“I’m Nicole but call me Dusty and yeah you are supposed to help me with these tubs.”

I walked over and put the ferrets in their crate. Dakota was sitting on the floor looking happy that I was there.

“We should probably move the ferret cage first then the tubs.” He said quietly

“That’s a good idea let me put Dakota and the ferret family in the car and then we will load the rest.”

“Is there even enough room in your car?”

“It’s a hummer. Even though I hate the gas mileage it’s all I could get.”

I grabbed Dakotas leash and the ferret’s crate. I walked out the door and to the hummer. I put the ferrets on the passenger sear floor and Dakota jumped in the passenger seat.
Shane came behind me with one tub.

“You can sit that one in the backseat. Then we’ll put the cage in the very back.” I said

“Okay then lets gets working.”

I closed all of the doors so the animals would stay in there. We walked back into the building to get the rest of the pet supplies. He grabbed the last tub and I wheeled the big cage out and to the hummer.
Once everything was loaded up I thanked him and took off. I made my way back to the hotel. I had no where else to go. Even if I left they would find me and I didn’t want my animals to suffer because of me.
I walked into the lobby and went straight to the elevator. Since nobody was at the desk, no one stopped me. I had Dakotas leash and the crate with my ferrets in the same hand. I opened put the room card in the slot and opened the door.
There stood bob looking like he was about to have a heart attack.

“Where the fuck have you been I was just about to wake up frank and go get Gerard!” he whispered loudly his voice was full of rage.

“I went to get my animals sorry I didn’t know that you would freak out like that.” I said I was truly sorry

“How the hell did you get there I have the keys to the hummer so you couldn’t have taken it.”

“You left the doors unlocked. And I know how to hotwire cars. I'm really not that dumb.”

“Damn kid you better not ever do anything like that again. And how in the hell do you know how to hotwire cars.”

“My uncle taught me how when I was 7.”

“Okay well you don’t do anything like that again and I won’t tell Gerard.”

“Deal now I'm going to bed and the dog is Dakota and don’t open the crate or else the ferrets will get out.”

“Fine I will wake you up in about three hours.”

“Okay and then I will have to get the rest of the stuff out of the hummer.”

At those words I went to bed until I heard a high pitched scream……..