Status: Completed with ten stars!

You Said You Read Me Like A Book

Breakfast At Mikey's

I awoke the next morning to the smell of bacon. I sat up slowly and cringed as my feet touched the cold floor. I glanced at the clock and almost panicked. I picked up my hoodie and walked quickly into the small kitchen area. Mikey looked up and smiled at me.

“It’s 10:21, “I told him. He nodded slowly, turning the bacon over. “I have to go to school.” He laughed and shook his head.

“No, you have a doctor’s excuse for about a week. You’re supposed to be recovering, remember?” He reminded me. I sighed.

“What about my schoolwork?” I asked him. He put a hand up.

“Gerard will bring it all by after school. I did fairly well in school, so I can help with anything you may not understand, “he offered.

“I’m going to miss too many days, “I pointed out. He laughed and shook his head again.

“It’s doctor excused, “he said again. “Besides, why would you want to go to school except to see your… boyfriend…”The last word came out a little bitter.

“Well, it’s not that I want to go to school. I just… I really can’t miss any more days, or I won’t be able to pass…”I sighed. He seemed to think this over.

“Well, we’ll worry about that later on. Right now, you get to have some food, “he laughed. He set a plate in front of me.

“I didn’t even know you could cook, “I admitted. He raised a brow at me. “What, it’s a surprise! I didn’t take you for the iron-chef.”

“Wow, you know me a little over three weeks and you think you know everything about me?” He scoffed. I just shrugged. He sat next to me and we ate. He asked me a bunch of random questions, as a ‘getting to know me’ exercise. I, in turn, asked him some questions. He answered all of them willingly, so I decided to dig a little deeper.

“So, how many girls have you dated?” I asked him. He clenched his jaw and I could see the weird glaze fall over his eyes.

“Two, “he said quietly.

“Really?” I asked disbelievingly.

“Well, the first girl was really just a fling I had in like sixth grade, “he said slowly.

“Ah, and the other?” I prodded.

“The other…”He trailed off. I watched with intensity as he stared blankly across the room. “The other was almost my wife.” He turned to look at me.

“Oh, what happened?” I asked him quietly. This seemed to strike a nerve because he closed his eyes and I watched as his fists balled up tightly.

“She died, “he choked. He opened his eyes and I saw the tears that were brimming in his eyes. I looked down nervously, not having expected that answer.

“Oh, I’m sorry…”I muttered. He just shook his head. “I shouldn’t have asked…”

“It’s fine. You didn’t know, “he mumbled, which gave away the fact that it was not fine at all. He rose from the table and walked quickly to his room. He shut the door rather loudly, and I sat awkwardly alone at the table. I finally decided to get up and I put the empty plates into the sink. I walked back to the guest room and sat on the bed. Loneliness began to creep into the room, and I grabbed my phone. I sent a quick text, and much to my delight, he replied a few seconds later.

What happened?

we were talking about random stuff and I asked him about his exes…

OH… Not good.

I didn’t know Gee…

It’ll be alright. Just let him blow off steam. He’ll be okay in a while.

I hope so.

Well, I love you and I’ll see you later on.

love you too…

I closed my phone and laid back on the bed. I felt my heart break slightly at the thought of someone as sweet as Mikey losing someone he loved so dearly. The thought of me losing Gerard in any sense sent me into a silent sobbing.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm gonna warn ya now... This is kind of the start of things beginning to go downhill. What I mean is, there will be a lot more drama and tears and shit as opposed to happy, lovey-dovey shit...

So, comments, banners, subscribers... All that cheese. Haha, I love y'all!
PS: If you make me a banner, I'll post a chapter just for you! (: