Status: Completed with ten stars!

You Said You Read Me Like A Book

Heart To Heart

Several minutes passed in silence. I didn’t know how to respond to what he had said. Questions flooded my mind. Most of them were related to how he knew.

“It wasn’t that hard to figure out, “he muttered quietly.

“I guess not, “I laughed nervously. He turned on his side and was now facing me.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He asked quietly.

“Well, I don’t know. Do most girls confess their love of their teacher?” I asked sarcastically.

“Well, no, but I told you that you could trust me, “he said quietly.

“I know, but I didn’t want to ever have any random awkward moments with you, “I admitted quietly. He laughed softly.

“You are unlike any student I have ever had in all my years of teaching, “he said softly. “You are intelligent, funny, creative, poetic, and beautiful in so many ways.” I felt my heart beat a bit faster.

“Thank you, “I said quietly.

“If I told you something, would you hold it against me?” He asked seriously.

“No, “I replied.

“I feel the same, “he muttered. I felt my heart spaz, my stomach flutter, and my face burn.

“You do?” I replied nervously.

“Yeah, “he said softly.

“You’re married though, “I pointed out. He sighed.

“I know. There is something wrong with me. I’m married, thirty, and your teacher. Still, it doesn’t matter to my heart, “he said poetically. I bit my lip. I didn’t know whether to be disturbed by this or relieved that I wasn’t alone in this.

“There’s nothing wrong with you, “I answered finally. “You’re perfect.”

“I am far from perfect, “he scoffed.

“You’re perfect to me, “I muttered. We each lay in silence for quite some time. I stared at the sliver of light from the moon. I lay still until I fell asleep. When I awoke in the morning, Gerard was still asleep in his bed. I silently crept over to the drawer and got an outfit out to wear. I went and took a quick shower and got dressed quickly. I put a pot of coffee on and went back to getting ready. I attempted to sneak back into the bedroom, but he was sitting up on his bed. His hair was a complete mess, sticking up in every which direction.

“Good morning, “he mumbled sleepily.

“Morning, “I replied quietly. I grabbed a cup and poured him a cup of coffee and took it to him. He took it gratefully and smiled.

“Thank you, “he said softly. I nodded uncertainly. “So, I think you and I have some things to discuss.” I bit my lip nervously. He motioned for me to sit on the bed next to him. I did so, still nervous. I folded my legs under me and he set the cup down.

“What do we need to talk about?” I asked, pretending I didn’t know. He narrowed his eyes, signaling that he knew I was pretending I didn’t know.

“You know exactly what, “he said quietly. I nodded slightly. “I’ve never had this happen before. All I know is that I feel strongly for you…”

“I know, “I muttered.

“I don’t know what you want to do, but I am willing to do whatever, “he smiled at me. I nodded uncertainly. I had no idea what to say to this.

“Well, I read this book once. This girl was in love with her teacher… And they kind of dated secretly, ya know?” I tried to explain.

“Would you want to do that?” He asked, running a hand through his hair. I nodded slowly, but I then bit my lip again.

“I would love to, but only if you wanted to…”I replied quietly. He smiled at me.

“You have no idea…”He laughed quietly. “You have no idea how much I want that.”

“Then, that is what I want to do, “I replied softly. He smiled and looked nervously at his hands.

“We should take this slowly… And, I need you to swear to me, right now, that this will be a secret you carry to your grave. You cannot tell anyone for any reason, no matter what, “He pleaded. “If you told anyone, I would lose my job, my wife, my life… I’d be imprisoned for a long time.” I thought this over.

“I swear not to speak a word of this, “I smiled, sticking my pinkie up. “I’ll even pinkie swear.” He smiled and put his pinkie up. He shook pinkies and in one move, his fingers were intertwined with mine. I felt the butterflies flutter wildly.

“I’m kind of glad you wrote that poem, “He laughed quietly. I smirked at him.

“That is definitely not the only one, “I laughed. He raised a brow.

“Oh, really, “he smiled. “I’ll have to read some of the others, then. How long have you felt like this?” I shrugged.

“I don’t know, “I replied. “I guess it started back in August. It was kind of like love at first sight.” He laughed quietly.

“I know exactly what you mean, “he smiled at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: So... If you are subscribed, please comment! I love comments! I feed off of them! If no one comments, then I dont know it anyone likes it! If no one likes it, why would I keep writing?