Status: More Comments, Faster Updates!

Luck Loves Me Not Tonight.

In parking lots, to serenading sirens,

“Hey Mom, Hey Dad.” Jack said as he walked through his front door and his parents gave him cautious stares. “What?” He asked with furrowed brows and his parents pointed at the sofa, telling him to sit.

“We want to know who this girl is that your walking home with.” His father said flatly and Jack crossed his arms over his chest.

“Why should I have to tell you Dad. She’s my friend.” He said and his father ran a hand through his hair.

“We’re just looking out for you Son.” He said with a sigh and Jack shrugged his shoulders softly as his Mother sat down by his side.

“Just tell us her name Jack. That’s all we want to know.” His mother said calmly and Jack sighed before staring at his Parents.

“It was Sky Simmons.” He said flatly and his Dads jaw dropped practically to the floor as he paced the room.

“Why are you hanging around with her?” He asked and Jack shrugged his shoulders softly.

“She’s an amazing person, Dad. She’s noting like her Father. She hates him herself.” The brunette said and his father stood still for a while. “Dad.. I really like her.” Jack said, Shocking himself at the statement. This was the first time he’d admitted it to anyone else. Apart from Sky that he mentioned it to slightly only half an hour earlier.

“But.. Son.. You can’t.. It’s..” He rambled and the younger boy rolled his eyes at his Father,

“Look, This is Yours and Mr Simmons’ argument! Not ours! And we will be friends whether you like it or not. You have no right to tell me who I can and can’t be friends with so don’t even try.” Jack said, his cheeks flushing red as he shouted at the elder Barakat.

“Jack.. I’m not saying you should stop being friends with Sky.. I’m just saying you should be careful.. I want you to bring her here one day. We’d love to meet the only nice Simmons.” He said with a nervous chuckle and his mother nodded in agreement.

“I was never in this fight, It’s nice that you like this girl Jack.” She said and Jack smiled softly at his Mother before giving her a quick peck on the cheek.

“I’ll probably have her over tomorrow. We have a science assignment to do together and I don’t see us going to her house.” Jack said with a slight chuckle as his parents smiled softly at him.

“Sure thing honey.” his mother said before Jack made his way up the stairs to his bedroom. Once he got inside the safe confines of his room he pulled out his cell phone.

My parents seem fine with us being friends.. Come over tomorrow? They would like to meet you.(:
It read and Jack paced across his messy room as he waited for a reply.

I guess so.. If they don’t mind, Sure. We have that thing to do anyway.(:
It said and Jack grinned softly to himself as he thought about Sky finally meeting his parents. Hopefully they’d like her.

-x-x-

Sky woke up that morning dreading the day ahead. The day had come to finally meet Jack Barakat’s parents. The people that her parents had always told her to stay away from. But, She didn’t like her parents anyways. It wouldn’t hurt. Sky quickly jumped up from bed, Grabbing out her clothes for the day before slipping them on and quickly straightening her naturally curly hair. Her school schedule had become increasingly earlier since she’d started talking to Jack.. Maybe it was because she didn’t want to leave him on his own with the snogging couple.. But she knew better than that. Sky Simmons was strangely attracted to Jack Barakat. And she knew she could no longer deny it. She’d developed feelings for the lanky boy during their friendship and she had no intention to stop them. She ran quickly out of her front door and walked around eleven houses up till she came to Jack’s house, where he was waiting patiently for her outside.

“Morning sweet cheeks.” He said with a small smile as the red head walked up to him.

“Morning Barakat.” She replied with a grin as they made their way up the path towards their school.

“So.. Your meeting my parents today.” Jack said with a nervous chuckle and Sky nodded softly.

“It’ll be nice.. To meet some proper parents for once. Unlike the cunts I have to call family.” Sky said with a soft sigh as Jack wrapped an arm around her shoulder, Kissing her forehead gently.

“Their going to love you..” Jack said as they walked into the school gates, Alex looked over at his best friend quizzically before smiling softly. Alex didn’t understand why his best friend didn’t just ask Sky out.. They obviously both liked each other, why couldn’t they be together? Fuck their parents. The pair continued walking towards Alex and Cassie, venturing further into the school. As they got towards the new couple, they let out big sighs, dreading the day that was coming, Long and boring.

-x-x-

After school, Jack fiddled with his fingers as he waited patiently for Sky. Why was he so nervous? She was only meeting his parents.. They’d surely love her. She was an easily lovable person..

“Jacky!” Jack heard Sky scream and he spun around in time to catch her in his arms, Engulfing her in his embrace.

“Hello again Sky.” He whispered softly in her ear, sending small shivers down the redheads back. “Let’s go..” He said and grabbed the girls hand, dragging her towards the school gates. “So.. You ready to meet my parents? They can be quite intimidating.” He said with a nervous chuckle and Sky sent him a small smile.

“I’ll be fine Jack. It’ll be nice meeting some proper parents for once…” Sky said with a soft sigh as the walked down the pathway, hand in hand.

“Their going to love you, Sky.” He said reassuringly as they made their way down Jack’s garden path. The pair walked up to the front door and Jack slowly reached out for the door handle. Not knowing whether to be looking forward to walking inside, or to be scared. He opened the door and Jack walked inside, Sky following shortly afterwards. “Mom, Dad?” He shouted and his Mother walked out of the kitchen, smiling over at them.

“Hello Dear. Are you going to introduce me to your friend?” She asked with a soft smile and Jack grinned widely.

Mom, this is Sky. Sky this is my Mom.” He said and Sky smiled over at his mother, offering out a hand to her.

“It’s very nice to meet you, Mrs Barakat. You have a lovely home.” She said politely making the elder woman smile.

“Why thank you Honey. And please, Mrs Barakat makes me feel much older. Call me Joyce.” She said with a loving smile making the redhead smile back.

“Well, It is very nice to meet you Joyce.” She said again and Joyce nodded at her son in approval. He rolled his eyes softly at his Mother before walking past her and towards the kitchen where his father was sat at the table reading a news paper.

“So you must be the ever famous Sky.” He said placing down his paper and smiling at her softly.

“Yes Mr Barakat, That is correct. It’s lovely to meet you.” Sky said politely and Jack’s Father looked shocked at her kindness. He had expected very different… He expected a very loud.. Rude girl but, Sky was the complete opposite, She seemed Nice.

“Wow.. She’s a lot different than I expected son.” He said with a soft grin and Sky looked on in confusion.

“He expected you to be like.. Your Dad.” He whispered quietly and her eyes went wide.

“Oh, no, no Sir. I’m nothing like my Father. If I can even call him that anymore..” She said, Mumbling off towards the end of her sentence. Mr Barakat gave the girl a worried glance as she looked down at her shoes.

“Is he still.. Violent?” Mr Barakat asked and Sky tried desperately for the tears not to spill out. But they did.

“Dad!” Jack exclaimed in a hushed tone as he pulled me into a hug.

“No, no. I don’t mind your Father asking. Yes he is, Very.” Was all she said and the elder Barakat pulled her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around him and for the first time, Sky had felt a father like hug..

“You shouldn’t be going through that, Honey. I know what your Father’s like, I have the marks to prove it. But.. He shouldn’t take it out on his daughter. However you’ve turned out a lovely girl is a mystery to me.” He said with a small smile as he held Sky at arms length away.

“Thank you Mr Barakat.” Sky said and the older man rolled his eyes.

“Please, Call me Bassam. If ever you need help Sky, come here, Okay?” He asked and Sky nodded her head softly as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

“Thank you very much Bassam. I’m sorry for crying during our first encounter. It’s not the way I’d have wanted to have met you. I feel so rude.” Sky said with a small giggle and the elder man smiled down at her.

“Nonsense Dear, You always welcome. I know what your father is capable of.” He said with a soft sigh as Jack grabbed onto Sky’s hand softly.

“Come on Sky, I need to talk to you.” Jack said softly Jack’s father nodded his head softly as the two walked up the stairs and to Jack’s bedroom.

“Well.. Here’s my room.” Jack said nervously as he scratched at the back of his neck. Sky’s eyes went wide at the tidiness of his room for a boy. Not to mention the room décor.

“Wow.. This is really nice Jack. I’m shocked.” Sky said with a small giggle and Jack chuckled softly as he sat down on his bed. He patted the space beside him and Sky took the seat. They both fell into an awkward silence till Jack broke it.

“What I needed to talk to you about was us.. I really like you Sky.. I can’t hide it from you anymore..” He said as he flopped back on his bed, Covering his face with his hands.

“Jack.. I kinda.. Like you too but, You know that it’s impossible for us to be together.. My father would kill us..” She said as she too leaned back on the bed.

“But, he doesn’t have to know Sky! We’ve kept our friendship for this long, how can we not try at a relationship?” He asked and the redhead as she pushed a hand through her hair. “Just.. Tell me if this doesn’t feel right Sky.” He said before planting his lips on Sky’s in a gentle passionate kiss that practically made her weak at the knees. She instantly started kissing back as she wrapped her arms around Jack’s neck. He pulled away moments later, an adorable smile plastered onto his gorgeous face. “Are you going to say you didn’t feel anything in that?” He asked and Sky sighed softly as she ran a hand through his brown hair.

“Curse you Jack Barakat.” she said with a small smile as the lanky boy hovered over her on the bed.

“You love it Sky Simmons.” He said and pressed his lips to hers once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Chapter! Comment guys? If you liked this story you would.
Thank you to all the people that commented. ILOVEYOUGUYS!