Status: Finished!

Save Your Heart

Chapter 19

Derek walked in and closed the door behind him. He had a big smile on his face. I still had a smile on my face. He walked around to the other side of my bed and sat on my my bed, leaning against the headboard. I moved closer to him thinking we were just going to sit next to each other, when Derek pulled me on top of him so I was sitting on his lap, facing him. He looped his fingers with mine, squeezed my hand, and played with my fingers. We sat on my bed like that for a good few minutes, until Derek interrupted the silence. “I missed you this morning.” He was still looking down and playing with my fingers.

“I’m sorry.” I replied. I watched his face to see if he would ever look up at me.

“Are you mad at me?”

“What?! No! Not at all.” I was shocked he would think that. I have no reason to be mad.

He was still looking down. He let go of my hands and placed his hands on my thighs. “Then why weren’t you there this morning?”

“I thought you were mad at me.”

Derek suddenly looked up and cocked his head to the side.“What?”

This time I was the one who looked down. I still hated talking about last night, especially with him. “I thought you wouldn’t want to be with me, because of last night.”

He lifted his hands off of my thighs and wrapped them around my waist, then pulled me closer to him. “Hey, look at me.” I bit my lip to keep myself from crying again, then looked up. He had a half smile on his face; my heart fluttered. He gave me a tiny squeeze. “I told you that I couldn’t even think of leaving you. I meant that, you know. I wasn’t saying it for giggles.” With every word he said, my smile became bigger. “You weren’t ready and there’s nothing wrong with that. I still love you, sweetie.” Butterflies were taking over my stomach. “Even when we’re old and grey together and you’re still not ready, I’ll love you. My hand and I might be best friends by then,” He laughed, which made me laugh. “but I’ll still be here.”

My heart was beating so fast, butterflies were fluttering around my stomach like crazy, and a smile was pasted on my face. “What did I do to deserve you?”

He put his forehead on mine. “I ask myself the same question everyday. How weird.” We laughed and kissed between each chuckle.

“I love you, too. Just in case you didn’t know.” I told him.

“It never gets old hearing it.” Derek replied. He placed a kissed on my forehead. I put my hands behind his neck and pulled his face closer to mine. I pressed my lips against his softly. I could feel him smiling and trying to kiss me back at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought I would put up another chapter as a thank you for the new subscribers and awesome comments. Thank you! They made me so happy. This chapter's short, but really cute. I hope you like it! :)