Status: 05.01.15 - It's been a long time since i've updated but i promise a new chapter is coming soon guys!

They Want To See Us Fall Down.

Chapter 2.

Jamie’s P.O.V
“What now Bella?” I ask as I turn off the TV.

I roll around so I’m not hanging with my head out of the couch and sit up straight. I look at Bella who’s lying on the floor almost in the same position as when we sat down four hours ago.

None had returned home from the mall or the studio but then again they’re my family and I know them, they can all be where they are for hours. Mom usually likes to go around the mall two (sometimes three) times just to make sure she didn’t forget anything. I feel bad for my dad but then again, he was crazy enough to marry her so I guess it’s kind of his fault.

I laugh as Bella just stares at me, she then barks and run into the kitchen and starts barking uncontrollably. I run after her to see her covered in flour and I can’t help but fall on the floor laughing. Bella barks again before shaking her whole body making all of the flour go off her and land onto the floor around the kitchen.

My laughing stop and I look around the floor, I bite my lower lip while smiling and then stand up, I walk over to the corner closet and pull out a new washcloth, I grab it and walk over to the sink and wet it. I get down on my knees and start to wash all of the flour away.

After it’s done I stand up with a huff and look around the floor to see if I missed something, when I don’t see anything I walk over to the sink again and turn on the water.

WAIT!

“What?” I ask looking at nothing in particular.

Remember when you cooked with mom three years ago, the time she thought you how to make a simple chocolate cake?

“Yeeah”

What did she teach you?

My tongue slides over my teeth as I think and my eyes squint as I try to remember.

“Don’t use a wet washcloth to swipe the flour away because it turns into glue” I say and look down at the washcloth.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

I smile big as I turn the water off and then throw the cloth away. I close the trashcan and turn around to be met with Bella whose head is tipped slightly to the right.

“I’m not crazy” I say shaking my head slightly after a few seconds of silence.

She just barks and I chuckle.

“Ok, let’s get on with this thing” I say as I walk over to the long cabinet that held most of the baking ingredients.

That’s another thing you should know about mom, she’s a freak when it comes to the kitchen. She has cabinets for different food, like the baking in one, dinner stuff in one, snack in one, and candy in one, then there is the fridge and – well I think you get the idea.

I put the ingredients on the counter and take a bowl. I know how to bake this by heart because it’s probably the second thing my mom thought me how to bake.

Image

I heard the front door open and close and I smiled as I pulled out the baking tray from the oven and put it on top of the stove.

“I’m home!” I hear my mom shout from the hallway.

“I never left” I yell in response.

I hear her heels as she walks from the hallway and judging from the sound she’s headed for the kitchen.

“I smell something good” She says walking into the kitchen and I give her a smile which she returns.

“I made chocolate cupcakes” I say with a smile motioning for the stove as I wash up the bowl I had used and then put it in the dishwasher.

“Wow, why’d you bake?” She asks as she bends down and takes a sniff.

“Bella’s idea” I say and point at the dog that’s lying under the kitchen table.

“Right” She says and looks at me like I’m kind of crazy.

I nod my head eagerly “Yup, but don’t eat any. I wanna wait until daddy comes home” I say and she laughs softly.

“Deal, I have to show you what I bought anyways” She says as she happily walks over to the bags that are just inside the kitchen door.

After a few minutes go by (yeah minutes) all of the bags have made it on to the island and mom starts pulling out clothing after clothing, shoe after shoe and accessory after accessory.

“I can hear dad’s credit card crying from exhaustion” I say jokingly and my mom laughs.

“But don’t fret, I got something for you” She says and motion to the last three remaining bags.

“Fret?” I ask while squinting my eyes in confusion.

“It’s old for worry” She says.

“Ah” I say nodding.

“Anyway, aren’t you exciting for what I bought?” She asks while rustling with one of the bags.

“No since you bought me that turquoise/puke green purse that looked like a dog bone” I say chuckling.

“You were five and I thought it was adorable” She says in defense.

“Five and I still have nightmares about wearing that purse in public” I say teasingly while shaking my head.

“Alright, I get it. The 90’s weren’t a glamorous time, but it’s the 21st century, times have changed, you’ve grown up and I think after 8 years I know more about your taste in clothes and etc. than ever, though I probably will know it more when you’re 18 but then again that’s 5 years into the future.” She says laughing a bit at herself for rambling.

“Ok” I say.

“So, when I was out shopping with the girls I came over this store that sold this item. And I started thinking of how good you’ve been the last month, I mean with keeping your room clean, doing your homework, helping out with the dishes and you kind of need a new one too so I thought it was only fair of me, well you’re dad, both of us actually, to get you this She says and pulls out a middle sized box that was badly wrapped up and a small bow on top.

Confusingly I take the box and I feel it’s a little heavy, I look at the wrapping and look up at mom.

“Yeah, I kind of thought it would be more exciting if it was wrapped in so I had to do it in the car” She says and I chuckle and nod. I look down at the box and without a second thought I rip the paper away from the box and my mouth widens instantly as I see what the box says.

“Holt crap. Are you serious?” I ask and look up at a smiling mom.

She nods “Yeah, I also thought of how long you have wanted one, since you saw Chuck Bass type on it at that series, gossip girl is it?” She asks and I nod with a big smile coming onto my face.

“Holy shit” I say speechless, I hear my mom cough and I look up at her from the box.

“Sorry” I say apologetically and I run to her and give her a big hug.

“Thank you so much” I say, she kissed my cheek as we pull away.

“It’s nothing” She says.

I walk over to the counter and look down at the black box, a blackberry phone that’s all mine. I take the box and hug it close to my chest and after a few moments I look at mom with a small smirk.

“So if this is just after a month, does that mean if I do all of this for like say, 6 months. Can I get a new computer?” I ask sneakily.

“Hah, yeah. Keep dreaming kid” She says as she ruffles my head and sit down next to me.

We both sit at the table and buzz around my new blackberry phone, which is a blackberry. Wait, I have to mention it’s a blackberry or else you won’t know what I’m talking about.

Anyway, an hour flies away and I hear the front door open and I know it’s dad. I shoot up from my chair and run out of the kitchen and to the hallway, mom’s soft laughter is heard in the background as I run.

I see the big guy taking off his aviators and I run up to him and almost knock him down with me jumping on him to give him a hug,

“You are the best dad ever!” I say as my dad’s arms wrap around me.

“I know right” He says laughing, he carries me into the kitchen and then set me down on the island and then he goes over to the fridge to get a bottle of water after pecking mom on her lips.

“So I take it you had a good day of shopping?” He asks mom as he motion to the bags filling the trash and a smiling me.

“Yes I had” She says.

“So why am I the best dad ever?” He asks trying to sound just like me, and failing.

“Because you got me a phone” I yell loudly as I shove my phone in his face.

“Ah, right. Nice phone” He says with a smile as I take the phone away from his face and I start to look at the phone again and then I quickly look up at both of mom and dad who were talking about something.

As soon as my head shot up both of them looked at me questionably.

“I made cupcakes” I say to dad and motion to the stovetop where the now cool cupcakes were.

“Well, they can’t just stand there now can they” Dad said and walked over and grabbed three and gave me and mom one.

“No we can’t” I say as I take the paper off from the cupcake.
♠ ♠ ♠
PHONE

FACTS:
The whole flour-turns-into-glue thing, it's true! I remember when i was little and i used to play with my baby born and i would mix water and flour and it turned into this sticky substance and when it dried inside my baby born it ruined my poor baby : (

The first time I saw a blackberry was on Gossip Girl, season 1 episode 14 i think it was. I saw Chuck Bass texting to gossip girl and from then on i have wanted one of those phones (still haven't gotten one)

So yeah, there's a little fun fact for you guys. I'm going to have lunch now, please comment and tell me what you think of the story : D