Status: Story will be extremely slow updating. Sorry.

Sweet Child of Mine

Famous Last Words

Castiel had the high priest of a wind god, Miguel, bowing at his feet. A small flick of satisfaction came; it has been a while since anyone respected his role as a warrior of God. Dean and Sam barely flinched when he and his partner at the time – Uriel – appeared before them. Now he feels as if they take advantage of him, asking him to fix their problems. Then he managed to talk himself into rebelling against Heaven for the Winchester boys.

Now, he was beginning to feel like this was all hopeless.

“Por favor, Señor,” said Miguel, “My Lord would be happy to have you over-”

“No. I need to know who had my Father over.”

“Sí, sí, Señor.” The man started to chant, and soon came with an answer, “He said he would be willing to help you, but only if you humor him first.”

“I need to meet the god tonight.”

“Sí, Señor, my Lord said he will be there.”

Castiel nodded, “I will not be coming alone.”

“Sí, my Lord knows of the girl who is with you. He is most excited to meet her. He extends his invitation to her first, you as her guest.”

Castiel nodded, “Thank you.”

“Un momento, por favor, Señor,” the man ran to a room and came back with a box, “If Señor would give this to the girl to wear tonight.”

Castiel looked and saw gold jewelry and nodded. Miguel nodded in response and Castiel returned to the hotel room. Cadence was in the bathroom, humming to herself. The door was closed so he couldn’t see her, but due to the clothing on the bed he knew she had changed. His eyes looked over her clothing, blushing lightly as he saw the bra and underwear tossed carelessly over the bed cover.

He cursed Dean Winchester for poisoning his mind.

Walking over to the door, he knocked and said, “I have a box for you.”

The door opened and she peaked around it, her face painted beautiful, she smiled and said, “What’s in it?”

“Jewelry.”

She nodded and accepted the box before opening the door further. Castiel looked over Cadence as she stood in the small bathroom. Her fair skin seemed fairer against the blue fabric that barely clothed her. Her hair spiraled down around her shoulders, contrasting nicely with the blue. Her eyes were lined with black eye liner and shadowed with neutral shades, the irises seeming bluer than ever.

His mind flashed to her grandmother when she was dressed for battle. To this day, he could still remember every detail of her look. Her hair would have been up, her top made of metal and leather. The metal was of gold. Around her arms hung cloth that flowed with her, the cloth was white like clouds. Her top cut off under her chest, baring her skin. Her bottom was a dress similar to a Greek warrior, her sandals laced up her legs, knotting in front of her knee. It was customary for angelic warriors to show their skin; when in battle the enemy could see the amount of injuries they hand and how strong they were to fight with them.

As his eyes traveled down Cadence’s body he stopped at her smooth stomach and a memory came to him.

He was kneeling next to Constance, his hands gingerly touching her bloody torso, trying to heal it. Constance sighed as she watched Castiel struggle with his concentration and said, “Leave it, Castiel. I won’t be the first angel to die-”

“You will not die,” said Castiel stubbornly, “I am loyal to you. You will not die.”

“Castiel, what you’re doing isn’t helping.”

“I will not leave you here to die.”

Constance looked at him and asked, “Why?”

Looking into his partner’s eyes he replied, “I… I don’t know…. You’re my partner, my superior… I won’t let you die. The healers are on their way.”

“Castiel, why are you saving me?”

He faltered for a moment, then replied, “Because I want to.”

“You don’t feel an urge to do it?”

Castiel shook his head, “I want… Constance…. You know we can only want.”

Constance sighed, “And obey.”


Castiel remembered the scar that cut across her stomach after that day. He had managed to stop her bleeding long enough to have the healers fix her. They tried to erase the scar, but it was made by a demon blade and therefore could only fade it. He remembered the glossy feel it had as he ran his finger over it. The cut was a white mark on her pale skin, the cells dead and no longer producing melatonin to color her. It was a blemish on the beautiful creations of Heaven.

“What are you looking at,” asked Cadence as she took a chunky gold block of an earring and put it in her ear, “Kind of pervy if you ask me.”

Castiel shook his head, “I’m… sorry.”

“You know, when most guys like me, they try pick up lines. I’ve never had someone contemplate on how they’re going to get in my pants. Or… I guess in this case up my skirt.”

Castiel stood in shock, at a total loss of words.

“I’m just joking, Angel Man,” Cadence smiled, “Now stop staring. I’m feeling very self conscious in this.”

Castiel nodded and moved to sit on one of the beds, looking at the black television screen. Cadence moved around quietly singing to herself as she went along. After about ten minutes she came out and stood in front of Castiel.

“What do you think?”

Castiel looked Cadence up and down, that funny feeling from before tugged at him again, only this time it was stronger, tingling his insides. “You… look fit for a sacrifice.”

She frowned, “Um… thank you?”

“You’re welcome.”

Cadence crossed her arms over her bare stomach, suddenly shy. Castiel moved to take her arms away and said, “You look like your grandmother.”

Cadence blushed, "Was my grandmother a human sacrifice in a past life?”

“No.”

“How do you know my grandmother? You never really answered that question.”

Castiel was quiet then said, “I… need to talk to Bobby before I can tell you.”

“Why Bobby?”

“I promised him I would.”

“Um… okay.”

“Bobby explained your… condition. He is unsure how much you can handle.”

Cadence frowned. Leave it to Bobby to blab about her alcoholism. “Dude, my grandmother died when I was five. I’ve had plenty of time to get over her.”

Castiel frowned, “But still… I would like to talk to Bobby.”

Cadence sighed and went to her bag, pulling out two gold knives. Pulling up her hair, she held the curls in place with the knives, which were disguised as hair sticks. From the bed next to her, Castiel’s cell phone beeped and a voice message was left. “Angel, bring your human.”

Turning to Cadence, Castiel placed two fingers on her forehead, and they were transported to a mansion. The walls were modern, the windows offering a breath taking view of ancient ruins. Cadence wrapped her arm around Castiel’s, clutching it in fear.

“You promise you won’t let anything happen to me?” she whispered, fearing the strength of her natural voice.

Looking at her, Castiel replied, “I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so here it is. You're all caught up with what I'm writing.
I'll update soon I hope. :D
As soon as my school work calms down. haha.

Comments?