Status: Comment and Subscribe. Please and Thank You ^_^ Next Chapter Coming Soon...

Darkest Desires

Night Petals

Yesterday the cops searched every nook and cranny of the house while also interrogating Carl and me. My parents had received a phone call and were told to come down to the house in order to determine if anything else was taken, beside Meg’s entire room. After two days of me being out of the house are reunion wasn’t exactly hugs and heartfelt tears. I sighed and closed my eyes remembering yesterday’s encounter.

Carl and I were leaning against the trunk of one of the many police cars that pulled up to the house. Detective Bishop stood in front of us asking questions about the photos and their origin, as if I’d know where the hell they would have come from. He held up the photos to me and I just wanted to rip them out of his hand and tear them up.

“Are you sure you don’t know where these pictures were taken? Who may have taken them?” he asked and I shook my head.

“I don’t know who,” all I know is a screen name, but I’ll keep that to myself until the time is right, “but I assume it’s the same person who spread that video of Megan throughout the school. The outfit in one of the pictures is the same from the video, even the bruises are consistent to where she was hit. The other outfits are new news to me.” I let out a deep breath trying to relax, “those outfits are slutty and repulsive. They are definitely something she wouldn’t willing wear, or wear at all for that matter.”

He nodded, “Then the matter of the house breaking. Do you have a spare key on the property that someone might have known about?”

“No, my parents don’t think it’s safe to hide a spare key where anyone could just stumble onto it. The only spare key holders are our neighbors the Becketts. They’re like family.”

“And you?” he looked at Carl.

Carl pointed to himself, “I don’t have a key.”

“But you were the one to find Megan’s room empty correct?” Detective Bishop asked and Carl nodded, “Tell me something. If you two were here only to collect her laptop why look into Megan’s room? What interest would you have there?”

“I wasn’t planning to look in her room,” Carl retorted, “I was walking up the back steps after I got a drink from the kitchen and happened to notice Meg’s door open and her things missing.”

“Right,” Detective Bishop said slowly. “In any case I will ask your neighbors if they saw anything suspicious during the last few days that could reveal what happened here. So I’ll be in contact with your family in the upcoming days.” I nodded and he walked away as I caught a glimpse of my parents’ car pulling up.

My Mom jumped out of the car in her business suit as did my dad and look at all the law enforcement officers that covered the yard. I watched them make their way to the house and catch sight of me. My mom half smiled as my dad remained stone faced as he reluctantly followed my mom who approached me.

“Danielle,” my mom touched my face and I wince and pulled back, “oh.” She said sadly.

“It’s tender.”

“It can’t be that bad…I mean you look great.”

I laughed, “Makeup can work miracles.”

Her hand fell to her side, “What is this I here of a break in?” she asked sounding uneasy.

“Someone trashed my room, mom. They even nailed abusive…beaten photos of Meg.” My mom’s recoiled as if she was hit while as my dad held no response.

“Is that all?” my dad asked voice cold.

I looked at him feeling pissed, “Why no. Meg’s room is completely gone.”

“What do you mean completely gone?” My mom asked.

“As is gone, everything was taken. Poof.” I waved my hands and the sighed, “Go look for yourselves I’m leaving.”

My mom grabbed my arm, “Where are you going? At least tell me that much. You’re brother hasn’t even contacted us at all.”

“Did you even try calling him?” I asked and her hand fell from my arm, “do you even know your own son’s phone number?” She looked like I slapped her in the face and I huffed, “At least try and make an effort here.”

“I just want to know you’ll be somewhere where you’ll be safe.”

“She can stay with us,” Dean’s voice came out of nowhere and we looked to see that he had joined us. “That is if two don’t mind?”

“Not at all,” my dad said, “Let’s go talk to the police, Marg.” Then he walked away with my mom following him.


My family has to be missing some, if not a variety of human emotions especially when comes to expressing them. Right now I’m sitting in Dean’s room watching him work on something for school. His room has posters and one cork board with sticky notes about what to dos and don’t forgets.

“Are you bored?” he asked me.

“Can you blame me?” I fell on his bed and remember the sleep overs we used to do and forts we used to make in here. “What are you working on anyways?”

“Psychology term paper.”

I whistled, “Sounds heavy.”

He shrugged, “not if you like the subject and know what you’re writing about.”

“Understandable,” I said and watched him turn in his seat.

“I won’t blame you if you want to hang out with Katie, you know. I bet she would love to do something with your hair or paint your nails.” I looked at me and I laughed.
“Nah I’m cool hanging with you till Axle comes back from band practice.” He smiled.

“Then you’ll be waiting forever. From what I heard they’re bar hopping after practice.”

“Then it’s just me and you.” I smiled and his grew wider.

“I guess so,” then he turned back to his laptop, “I think I’ll be pulling an all nighter do you think you can grab something from the kitchen for us?” he was typing away.

“Sure,” and I got off the bed and headed toward the kitchen passing rooms until I heard Louis talking in his room.

“Did you find out anything?...Can you tell me about it?...Why not?...fine then ass hole…yeah, well,” he paused sounding nervous. “Someone broke into your house, dude…I don’t know, had to been today…messed up Danny’s room, and stole everything from Meg’s.” is he talking to Eddy? “I don’t know why! They just did!...do you have idea why?...cool then. I’ll keep watch here and you continue with your job…call you later...yeah, bye.” Then there was silence and a deep sigh. Well it doesn’t look to me that Eddy is dead, but I may just have to give him a ring later to see what he is doing.

I walked down the stairs and entered the kitchen to see Katie sitting on the counter top munching on some grapes.

“Hey Danny,” she said, “want some?” she held out the bowl.

“Pass, I need something that can keep Dean up for his all nighter.” I opened the refrigerator.

“Try coffee mixed in with cereal.” She sounded like it was the best idea ever.

I made a gross face, “isn’t that gross?”

She shrugged and ate another grape, “it’ll keep him awake won’t it?” there was some knocking on the front door. “You expecting someone?”

I shook my head, “You?”

“Nope,” she jumped off the counter and headed to the front door with me behind her. She looked through the window, “No ones there.” She opened the door and found a bouquet of flowers and picked them up, “this is not what I would want sent to me.”

“Why?” I asked as she walked in with them shutting the door.

She brought them to the living room and placed them on the coffee table, “Lillies, black Mulberries, Anthurium, yellow, and pink roses.” She shook her head, “not the flowers I would like. They all have some pretty dark meanings.”

“Like what?” I asked as I looked for who they were for and found a card with my name on it.

“Death, death is coming, lust, jealousy, and infatuation,” she said counting on her fingers, “as a girl one should know the meaning of flowers.” I listened to her as I opened the card and pulled out a picture of myself outside of Carl’s house, “If I didn’t know any better it would seem to me you have a stalker Danny.” She said looking at the picture.

I nodded, “I think I have to agree with you Katie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Family problems? I’d think so. Anyways I’ll try updating what I can since tomorrow I’ll be getting my wisdom teeth taken out…Yeah I’ll be loopy for a day, but snooze and dizzy like for a week. For those who have had the procedure done tell me what to expect since the only thing I’ve been told is that I’ll be a little out of it. Anyways besides that what do you think about the chapter? Comment ^_^

Don't Be A Silent Reader

Comment and Subscribe. Please and Thank You : )