Status: I am working on it, but once you comment. Help make this one bigger than the prequel!!!!!

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 2

I pulled into the driveway and turned off the car. Sierra and Seeger were sound asleep and I sighed. Why does life have to be so hard? I got out of my car and got the twins. I brought them inside and set them down on the table. Gena was on the computer and I sat down.

“How did it go?” She asked I shrugged.

“He’s not mad at me anymore.” I said and she nodded.

“Your mom called and asked if she could see the twins.” She said. I nodded and took Sierra out. She woke up and was looking around. I held her and she kept looking around. It amazes me how much a baby doesn’t care. They just look around and get to know what is around them. Sierra moved her head and stopped when she looked at me. Her little face formed into a smile. Sam’s smile. I held back tears and Gena put her hand on my shoulder.

“You miss Sam don’t you?” She asked, a little bit of annoyance in her voice.

“What do you think?” I asked.

“Zacky you left her for me, forget her.” She said. I looked at her in disbelief. I stood up, put Sierra in the play pin and looked Gena straight in the face.

“First of all, you have no fucking idea how hard it would be to forget her. I don’t love you Gena, I love Sam. She may be dead, but every time I look at Sierra’s face I see Sam. Her smile, her laugh, her eyes. You don’t understand at all, I can’t forget her. I only left her so that Brian wouldn’t kill me, but instead I got stuck with a whore like you and Brian hating me more.” I screamed in her face and the twins started crying.

“Well if you love her so much how come you didn’t care about her?” She said.

“Do you hear yourself? I care way more about her than you think. Get out of my house.” I said.

“This is my house to dumb ass.” She said.

“Fine then I’ll go stay with a friend.” I said and grabbed the twins, their diaper bag and walked out and to my car. The twins were still crying and I looked at them.

“Shh, it’s ok daddy’s here.” I said and turned on soft music and the air. I started driving and they quieted down. I drove to the boardwalk and got out the stroller and wheeled them to the water and sat on a bench.

“God why does my life have to be so hard?” I asked myself. I sat there for a little while watching the waves. I leaned back and closed my eyes.

“Zacky?” I heard and opened my eyes and saw Matt and Val.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“Why are you here?” He asked.

“Thinking.” I said.

“Oh well, how come Gena called me crying her eyes out?” Val asked.

“I basically just broke up with her.” I said.

“Why?” Val asked sitting next to me.

“She doesn’t understand me at all, she hated Sam and we got into an argument.” I said.

“About Sam?” Matt asked. I nodded and looked at the babies, Seeger was awake and I smiled and he smiled back.

“Hey can I stay with you for a few days while I look at houses?” I asked. Matt looked at me oddly.

“Why are you moving out?” He asked.

“One I can’t live with Gena anymore, a two the house gives me too many memories.” I said. He nodded and looked at Val.

“We have an extra two rooms in the basement, we can make it into one room and you can stay there, but for how long?” She asked.

“Maybe a week of two, I’m going to start looking for a house ASAP.” I said. She nodded and we got up.

“Well let’s go get the basement ready.” She said and we all left for Matts house,
We got there and I walked inside. Val took the twins and me and Matt went down to his basement and looked at the room.

“If we just made a doorway than it would be perfect.” I said. He nodded and we got to work. WE finished a few hours later and went to the attic to find a bed. We carried it down and I went out to my car and grabbed the portable playpen and brought it down stairs. It wasn’t much but it was enough for now. I walked up the stairs and saw Val holding Seeger and Sierra was on the couch sleeping on a pillow. I sat down on the loveseat.

“Zacky you’re doing great with these two.” She said. I looked at her confused.

“For your personality, it’s amazing.” She said. I nodded, but was still confused. I leaned back and Matt turned on a TV show. I went back to my own world.

”Zachary James Baker stop right now.” Sam said.

“And why should I do that?” I asked smiling and grabbing her waist.

“Because you love me.” She smiled and kissed me.

“Hey thanks for getting me out of the jailhouse.” I said. She smiled and nodded.

“Can’t have the father to my kid in jail now can I?” She asked wrapping her arms around my waist. I shook my head and fell backwards, on purpose. She fell on top of me and her head laid on my chest.

“Hey you should move into my house.” She said looking at my face.

“I’m fine in my apartment for now.” I said. She pursed her lips and I smiled, her face was so cute.

“No I want you to move in.” She said. Her eyes begging me.

“I can’t my lease isn’t up. But as soon as it is I will.” I said. She nodded and laid her head down.

“I wonder if Brian is watching us.” She mumbled. I looked up and saw him eyeing us from the patio doors.

“Yup he is.” I said. She rolled off me and ran away.

“What the hell Sam?” I asked chasing her.

“I feel über fat.” She said.

“You’re pregnant.” I said.

“Shhh, no one is supposed to know that.” I said. She laughed as she sat down on the swing. I sat next to her and she leaned on my shoulder.

“You know why Brian is so protective of me?” She asked.

“Because you’re his little sister?” He asked

“Well yeah, but also because when I was 15 I had a boyfriend, Brian liked him. He thought that this guy was good for me. Until the day he broke my heart because he was dating my best friend at the same time. Brian sent the boy to the hospital and we moved.” She said. I gulped, what if Brian finds out about me and Gena dating at the same time as me and Sam?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like the little flash back. FYI italics are flashbacks.
So yeah, a little unreleased scene from SBBD!!! Sam is still going to be in this story, even though she's dead. Only in flashbacks and memories. If you want me to write in someone else's POV then comment it.

Comments=Happy Author
Happy Author=Next Chapter.

TOXI~OUT