I Try

Questioning

English class, the manufactured light and plastic molded chairs made the class less than desirable to come to. On top of that, it was Valentines Day. The holiday of lovey dovey – gag me now – candy hearts and useless paper professing mostly fake feelings of love to a teenager’s first boyfriend or girlfriend.

“We’re here to deliver the carnations?” a junior with brown curly hair asked Mr. Gross.

“Okay, go ahead.” His voice has and accent that no one could figure out. High pitched but still manly, yet gurgly like something was partially restricting his airways.

These dreadful carnations; roses during homecoming week, they’re demeaning and only a sign of your social status. The popular girl in the row across from Luca had 12, and just from this class. Luca scoffed at her wishing she could have that many. How did she do it? Get silly boys to waste $1.50 on her? It not like she’d ever consider half that guys that bought her flowers. Luca bought two; one for Gemille and another for Aislinn who in turn each bought her one too.

“Oh here’s another one!” the overjoyed junior placed the red and white flower on Lucas book stack. The paper attached was blue and the writing total chicken scratch.

I’ll meet you at your locker at the end of 4th

She wondered how they found what class she was in, or even that it was for her. Was it for her? Could it be a mistake? No for sure it wasn’t, it said her name plain as day, but from whom? Her eyes peeked around the room; everyone seemed to be acting the same. This couldn’t be real, this only happened in movies. Searching the room again no one looked her way, know one gave her a clue. Maybe no one knew.

“True or false, she’s still out to get me.” ~The Kooks [Naïve]
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading -- any and all comments are welcome PLEASE!

-jackieee