I Try

Waiting

The bell rang at the end of 4th period ending Luca’s Chem class. “Don’t forget the test tomorrow!” Mr. Hauen called out as she waved Tess away and headed for her locker.
30-12-40
Click

It popped open and she switched her books and grabbed her lunch like every other day. Gem had given Luca her mirror after class and it was now propped up on the shelf in her locker. Long slinky fingers combed through the loose blond locks that fell down her shoulders. Wiping away the smeared eye liner to create a clean line she her someone say her name.
“Marsssssss!” the shrill voice came from down the hall, “I’m here to walk you to lunch!” Klaudia hopped up to her locker. Klaudia was great, one of the nicest people she met when she transferred to the school. Of course it was her who sent the carnation, what was she thinking. However the thought lingered in her mind a second too long. “You okay?” The genuine concern in her friend's voice forced her to smile.

“I’m fine,” she huffed followed by a laugh, “Lets get to lunch I’m starving.”

Their footsteps peaked around the corner of the main stair case just as Ben was walking up to her locker. She didn’t wait. He thought to himself watching her walk down the steps that lead to the cafeteria. Well maybe she thought Klaudia was who was going to meet her? he tried to convince himself. He shook his head and realized it must have been that. Following the two girls into the caf it was warm and sticky like everyday. His teal hoodie slipped off and he stole a glance at her table as he walked passed. If only it were possible to just walk up to that table and talk to her.

“Benny!” Nicole called over from his usual table; he fought the urge to turn and sit at Lucas’ table and joined his. His head dipped down and his eyes gazed on his lunch wishing he could be braver.

“So I lay my head back down and I lift my hands and pray to be only yours” ~Switchfoot [Only Hope]
♠ ♠ ♠
i hope you like it so far?

-jackieee

[end of round two]