Status: semi active

Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

Chapter fifteen

After The Teenage Wolves finished their set, and the band members (well, mostly Matt) left the venue, a lot of people left too. It seems most of the crowd were fan girls who only went for Matt’s band, and didn’t even pretend to stick around and like the other bands.

So when Sora and I went back in, only a few people were left. We had a lot of fun even though few people were left. After Sora and I socialised with a few, she went over to Tai and began talking to him again.

I joined Joe and Izzy for a while, but Joe ended up going home early. So then I spoke to T.K. and Kari for the first time that night, and got into the middle of the mosh pit (No real moshing was happening anyway, besides a small group of guys moshing with each other) and began dancing with Kari.

All in all, a good night.

I was now in the bathroom reapplying my make-up. Sora was giving herself touch ups as well, whilst Kari only had to fix her eye makeup, she wasn’t a big fan of wearing it.

“So are you guys going to the party?” Kari asked Sora and I.

“Yeah, Matt asked us. Well, mostly Scarlett.” Sora snorted.

I looked at her for a second through the mirror, but decided to ignore her comment as I reapplied my mascara. I could also see Kari look down, afraid of starting a confrontation.

“Are you?” Sora asked Kari.

“Yeah, T.K. and I are getting a ride with Matt. Sucks you have to drive Sora, you’re designated driver.” Kari replied.

“Wait, there’s going to be alcohol at this party?” I asked worriedly.

“What did you expect?” Sora giggled.

“I don’t know, just um, well I’ve never had alcohol.” I admitted.

“Hey! That’s good! We don’t drink either, at least not that much, just a couple.” Kari said.

“Kari, last time you had more than a couple. You got SO wasted and you slept with Alan Reynolds.” Sora giggled.

Kari immediately turned red, looked down and shyly nodded. I was flabbergasted; she seemed so responsible and so unskanky! Not like her at all!

“WHAT THE HELL MAN! You were always so…you were like the youngest and the most innocent and what the hell! Wouldn’t expect that from you, that’s all!” I replied, quite shocked.

“Shh! If Tai hears you and finds out, he’ll kill me, kill Alan, and then bring me back to kill me again. But yeah, I’ve slept with a FEW people. Emphasise few. Besides, you’ve changed too!” Kari quickly defended.

“It’s okay, it’s just a little strange, is all.” I weakly smiled.

“Great. Well, I’m going to wait outside for you guys, considering you’re both being sluts and caking on your makeup.” Kari smirked, and walked out.

Sora and I gasped, and Sora threw a roll of toilet paper at Kari that was on the counter. It missed; she poked her tongue out then slipped out the door.

“The only reason why I’m reapplying my make-up is because I want to look good for Tai. I think tonight I could really make some progress with him, and every bit counts.” Sora explained to me.

Then an idea hit me. I wanted Sora to hook up with Tai, even though he was being rude to me. She was my best friend, and all I wanted was to see her happy. Maybe if Tai could be happy with Sora, he would eventually be nicer to me.

But it involved Matt, well kind of. Sora may think I’m just suggesting what I’m about to suggest to get closer to Matt, even though that isn’t the case.

“Hm…I have an idea. I can ride with Kari, T.K. and Matt so you and Tai can ride alone. This may be better for you, you can kind of set a mood, hint, or I don’t know something along those lines. I’ve never been good with words.” I pouted.

“No, I get what you mean. If Tai and I ride alone, I can get the ball rolling for tonight to try and get closer to him.” Sora stated.

“Yes! That’s what I meant! It’s nothing but awkward silence when I’m in the car,” I explained “But haha get closer to him? Sorry, but it sounds funny. You’ve been best friends since kindergarten.”

“Oh shush you, go and get your ride off Matt. I’ll see you at the party.” Sora smirked.

I took this as my cue to walk out of the bathroom and wait for Matt to arrive to pick up T.K. and Kari, and this is when I would ask him for a ride.

However as I stepped out, I noticed Matt was already outside the venue chatting to Tai. I’d have to do this in front of Tai? Gulp, not good.

“So um…Matt. I was just wondering, could I get a ride off you?” I asked Matt shyly, when there was a pause in his and Tai’s conversation.

“Sure you can! You don’t need to ask. Why, is there something wrong with you and Sora?” Matt asked me.

“No, not at all.” I replied.

“Then why would you want a ride from Matt, SCAR? Please, do enlighten us.” Tai asked loudly.

“I uh-um…” I replied, trying to think up an excuse.

Dammit! I can’t think of one. I can’t just be like ‘Hey Tai, Sora wants to ride alone wit chu because she’s in love with you!’ dammit. I’ve never been a quick thinker.

“Can’t tell me the reason? Don’t worry, I have a good guess. You’re just another girl who’s fallen for Matt’s charms. Does it kill you to know you have just so much competition to his heart?” Tai grinned.

“Look, shut up Tai. You’re my best friend and all, but what you’re doing to Scarlett is bullying. I’m sure she has a good reason to want to ride with T.K, Kari and I and quite frankly it’s none of your business.” Matt snapped at Tai.

“Wow man, calm down. Okay, whatever. I’ll see you at the party Matt, I’m going to go find Sora.” Tai said, putting his hands up and taking a step back, before briskly walking away.

By now I was bright red, afraid that Matt might believe Tai and that he came to my defence. He did nothing but flashed me a smile, to which I gave a nervous, small smile back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have to try and be brisk as possible, as I have a lecture in 5 mins on the other side of the university and still need to pack up my stuff BUT sorry for the lack of updating over the past week or so. I started university and JEEZ, it's intense. Hopefully my readers are still reading <3 Thanks to Baby Squid and Stray Cat for always commenting!