Status: semi active

Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

Chapter thirty three

At McDonalds I ordered a Big Mac meal, large of course with a dessert of a large hot fudge sundae, a hot apple pie and McDonalds cookies. It was a lot, but I was at the end of my drunken wave when the hunger began to kick in.

I also only ate a snack before leaving, which probably contributed to my drunkenness.

Matt only ordered one of those small cones, and was looking across the table in an amused manner at me scoffing down the food.

I finished, and then looked up at him hopefully.

“You still want to go back to the party?” Matt asked, looking quite surprised.

“Didn’t think of that one did ya pretty boy? You thought I’d eat, be sleepy and then want to go home.” I grinned.

“It crossed my mind.” Matt admitted.

“Well you’re in luck. I only want to go back to say bye to everyone. That way you’ll get to say bye to SORAAAA.” I giggled, hiding my bitterness at the end of my statement.

“What did Sora say to you?” Matt frowned, picking up on my jealousy, or at least bitterness that he and Sora interacted.

“That you offered to drive her. Matt seriously, it’s cool. Go for it, I don’t mind if you guys date again.” I lied, shrugging my shoulders.

Matt said nothing, but moved from his side of the table to kneel next to my seat. He grabbed my head lightly and turned my head to look him into the eyes.

“Scarlett, I promise you there’s nothing between Sora and I. I wouldn’t do that to you.” Matt admitted.

“What the hell are you on about? You dumped me, you idiot. Do whatever you want, it’s nothing to me.” I said, pushing him away getting angry.

Matt wasn’t deterred; he grabbed my arms lightly and continued on.

“I didn’t care if Sora went or not. She’s a friend, and I have no ill feelings towards her, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to make sure she’s there. I only offered to drive her because I know she’s your best friend and you’d want her there. I did it all for you.” Matt explained sincerely.

“Why... why should I trust what you’re saying? You could be lying.” I drunkly slurred, pointing a finger at him.

“Because if I really did want her and not you, I wouldn’t be concerned about your safety and insisted on driving your drunk ass to McDonalds, I’d be with her right now and not you.” Matt stated.

“That, that’s true.” I agreed, nodding.

“Look, Scarlett. I have a confession. I’ve been thinking about us and what happened a lot over the time it happened until recently…” Matt began.

“You dumped me.” I replied, not even sugar-coating it. Yep, definitely wouldn’t be this forward if I were sober.

“Saw that one coming a while away. I’m sorry Scarlett. I really am. I did the wrong thing, and it would be hopeful of me to hope you still have feelings for me. But I really like you, and I’m sure that you realised that summer a long time ago I be a bit of a jerk when I’m worried about someone I care about. I was a jerk because I was so worried about you.” Matt stated.

“You were a jerk.” I admitted.

“I know, and you apologised and explained everything and I was still a jerk. Just…never mind. This conversation isn’t going anywhere.” Matt said.

“I’m just establishing I recognised you were a jerk. Doesn’t mean I don’t care about you anymore.” I replied.

He was still kneeling in the seat next to mine, staring into my eyes. He did have his hands on me a second ago, but I pushed him away. However, after this confession by me, he obviously tried his luck by walking to the other side of the booth, and sliding in to be right next to me.

“You do care about me?” Matt breathed into my face.

“Why would I get jealous over you and Sora arriving together? Of course I still like you. I’ve missed you.” I pouted.

“Would you be willing to perhaps kiss me?” Matt asked softly, using his fingers to brush hair out of my face as he asked.

“I would love to.” I replied.

“Wait, I don’t trust you. You’re drunk. How am I to know you mean what you’re saying now? I’m not going to take advantage of a drunk chick.” Matt stated.

Before he could react, I quickly fell into him. This was not my intention, however I showed my true intention seconds later by reaching his lips and kissing him in an intense lip lock brawl full of passion.

Even though I was drunk, I could tell my kissing skills weren’t too far off what they would be if I were sober. Matt at first hesitated, and did not kiss back, but seconds later I could feel him shrug his shoulders in a ‘what the hell?’ fashion and melted into the kiss, kissing back just as passionately.

We broke away, and I didn’t take my eyes off him as I moved away from him.

“Wow…that was just wow.” Matt smiled.

“That was wow indeed! What the hell Scarlett? What’s WRONG with you?!” I heard a loud screech spit.

I saw Sora next to me, and I had never seen the usually calm and laid back girl so angry before. Tai was also next to her, however his emotions were not clear to me.

“Whatdya mean?” I smirked in a drunken confidence, knowing full well I had just messed up, majorly.

“So much for ‘I’ll never go for Matt! He’s a friend’s ex and that’s such a bad thing to do! WHATEVER” Sora bit at me.

“Sora, I don’t get the problem? We’ve been over for about 8 months now; I’d never expect such behaviour from you. I think we should all wait until we’ve cooled down to discuss this.” Matt reasoned with Sora.

“No, whatever. I don’t want to talk to that bitch ever again. Let’s go Tai.” Sora said, storming off into the cool of the night.

I then focused my attention on Tai, who didn’t make eye contact with me as he meekly followed Sora.

It then hit me, what Tai and I did that night. I had completely forgotten until now, and it was at that moment when my stomach dropped.

I’d rather Sora had found Matt, her ex and I kissing, than the unspeakable acts I did with the guy she currently loves a few hours ago.

“Come on let’s go, we’ll deal with all of this later. She seemed pretty drunk already.” Matt said, grabbing his keys and ushering me towards the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow it's been a while. But now, yes now finally that 'juicy drama' I've been planning since part one is coming out. And this is only the beginning.