Sweet Child Of Mine

Part Ten

"Alex....Alex, it's time for you to get up.."

"No!" I groaned rolling over in bed. "Ten more minutes...."

I smirked to myself, as I heared Dad let out a sigh and walk out my room. Pulling the duvet closer to my neck, I drifted back off to sleep.

"Alex. C'mon your gonna be late for your first day at school.." Dad said.

I yawned "And that's bad because..."

"Don't say I didn't warn you." Dad chuckled...Wait! Chuckled?

Suddenly Zacky came running into my bedroom and jumped up on my bed. "Wake up! Rise and shine! It a beautiful day in sunny Huntington! Time to get your lazy ass up!" Zacky yelled whilst jumping up and down on my bed.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I exclaimed getting out of bed. "Go away so I can get changed!" I pushed Zacky off my bed and he landed with a thump on the floor. I laughed as he landed hard on the floor. "Lard ass!"

"Ginger nut!" Zacky commented back, while standing up.

"Now now child...and Alex," Dad stated as Zacky pulled a hurt face. "I'll give you a lift to school today." Dad then ushered Zacky out the room while I got dressed.

I did the usual, shower, brush teeth, dry and straighten my hair, applied make up. I changed into a pair of Black Skinny Jeans, white Megaphone T-shirt and one of my best red hoodies.

I checked my appearance once over, then grabbed my messenger bag and my red lowtop converse.

In the kitchen, all the guys were gathered..They don'y even live here.

FLASH!

"Aww. Wittle Alex's first day at school.." Cooed Johnny as he wiped away a fake tear.

Brian came over to me and hugged me dramatically. "They grow up so fast." He pretended to cry.

"Your such a freak Brian." I pushed him away "And you Johnny." They both grinned like idiots.

Shaking his head Dad turned to me. "Because you wanted to stay in bed, your gonna have to eat on our way there."

"I could always just stay home and not go to school." I said innocently.

"Try no." Dad replied picking up his keys to the Escalade.

"Im sick!" I then faked a cough "Oh well looks like I can't go." I then turned on my heel to walked out the room. But dad grabbed the hood of my hoodie and dragged me to Escalade on the driveway.

The guys followed us out. Jimmy laughed and pointed at me being dragged backwards by Dad so I flipped him off. He just laughed and pulled a face at me.

Within ten minutes we were all in the Escalade and driving to Huntington High. On the way there, Dad's call phone went off. He looked at caller ID and bit his lip slightly.

"I'll call them back later...It's um..Someone from management." He said rejecting the call.

Pulling up outside the school, I glared at the entrance doors.

"Have a good day at school Kid." Dad said, ruffling my hair slightly. "Zacky's picking you up at the end of the day."

"Oh joy." I rolled my eyes as I re-arranged my hair. Zacky kicked my seat so I turned around and stuck my tounge out at him.

I jumped out of the Escalade and look at Huntington High School.

Closing the car door, I hiked my messenger bag further up my shoulder and began to walk towards the main entrance to get my timetable.

"Have fun! Make lots of friends!"

I turned around to see Jimmy and Johnny hanging out of the sun roof waving at me.

Turning back around I shook my head in embarassment as Dad finally drove off.

Welcome to Hell......

*Matt's POV*

Once I dropped the guys back off at their houses, I drove back to my place.

Setting the keys on the kitchen table, I pulled my cell out of my pocket, to return the call.

It rang five times until I got an answer.

"Hey,"

"Hey Matt. Did I catch you at a bad time this morning?" Val asked.

I sat down on one of the stool around the island in the kitchen. "Yeah. Me and the guys were just dropping Alex off at school."

"Sorry my bad," She said softly "So how is she settling in, you've been back awhile now haven't you?"

"Yeah, she's doing good. Everythings still kinda new to her...Anyway, how have you been?" I asked, picking at a small hole on the knee of my jeans.

"I've been okay. It's weird moving back in with my Mom and Dad." She laughed "So are you gonna tell her anytime soon?"

I let out a sigh. "Yeah, I am... I was thinking maybe like, having a BBQ in two weeks and you can come back, and I'll introduce you to her."

"You don't need to rush things with her on my accord Matt. I know this is gonna be hard. For you and her. I just hope we get along."

"Yeah me too." I smiled at the thought of being a family. "Val, seriously I can't thank you enough for staying with your parents while Alex settles in. It means alot to me."

"I know Matt..I'm gonna have to go. Michelle and I are going shopping in abit."

"So that why Brian didn't want to get dropped off in a hurry." I laughed down the phone. "Okay, I'll let you go. I love you Val."

"Love you too Matt."

With that we both hung up. I just really hoped Alex would get along with Val. I hadn't told her yet that I was seeing Val, the time just hadn't been right.

Val's been so understanding, she moved back with her parents to give me and Alex some space. I'm slowly letting the guys introduce their girls to Alex. I know she has trust issues so I don't really want to rush anything.

But I suppose only time will tell...

*End Of Matt's POV*