Sweet Child Of Mine

Part Two

/\/\.Normal POV./\/\

Waking up the next morning, I thanked the lord that it was the summer holiday period, and school wouldn't start back for six weeks. I got up silently, as it was 6am, and I didn't want to wake my mother and step father. I crept into the bathroom and lifted by the bottom of my shirt. A bruise the bigger than the size of my hand was know forming on my left hand size. Shaking my head in disgust, I began my morning rountine of showering, brushing my teeth, applying make-up, changing into clean clothes and sorted my hair out for the day.

By the time I was finished it was 7:30am. Like what I usually did to get away from home, I started the 20 minute walk to Jenny's house. Strapping on my roller blades, and putting my ipod headphone in my ears, I closed the front door silently behind me.

Guns 'n' Roses was blaring through the headphones as I skated fast along the cold British streets. Dodging the random business person, and doing some fancy tricks to keep myself occupied, I eventually made it to Jenny's. I turned off my ipod and put it into my bag that was containing my vans red converse shoes. Using the front door key that was under the door mat I let myself in, after taking off the roller blades.

"Jenny! I'm here!" I called up the stairs, waiting for her reply. A few moments later, I could here foot steps hurrying around upstairs in a room. I sat on the couch. Feeling that I was sitting on something, I turned in my seat and picked up a black jacket that I was sitting on, Thats a little big for Jenny I thought to myself. Setting the jacket on the back of the couch, a pair of shoes caught my eye. Those definately aren't Jenny's!

Quickly I tore my gaze from the shoes and to the stairs case. "Um...Hi?" I questioned slightly. Jenny and a very tall guy..WAIT! The guy from yesterday! Walking down the stairs. Jenny blushed a deep shade of red as the guy looked like a deer caught in headlights. I smirked a little bit at Jenny and looked at them both.

"Alex! This is Jimmy..." She said putting her hand on his shoulder. Jimmy looked a little scared for a moment then gave me a slight smile and a little wave."Jimmy this is Alex." I smiled back at him. A silence fell for a moment. Jenny looked down and saw that she was wearing a barely there baggy t-shirt that just covered everything, even though I was pretty sure Jimmy had seen everything. "I'm just gonna go change." Jenny said tucking a piece of hair nervously behind her ear, then darting back up the stairs, to change.

Jimmy finished walking down the stairs and took a seat in the arm chair, he drummed his fingers along the arm of the chair and let his eye's wander around the room. I looked at him long and hard. I know I remember this guy from somewhere, even yesterday, I thought I recognised him! Deciding to talk first I cleared my throat."So..Where are all you buddies at?" I asked.

"The others? They're staying at some hotel, we're on vacation." Jimmy nodded his head agreeing with himself.

"Where you guys from?" I asked setting my bag down at the side of the couch.

"Huntington Beach, California."

I laughed "And you came to London for a vacation! Dude there's something wrong with you guys!" True the British weather does suck.

Just then Jimmy's cell went off. He pulled it out an answered it. I could make out it was someone called Brian, and that they wanted to know where Jimmy was and asked if they could swing by because, and I heared someone yelled in the background, 'They were bored.' After Jimmy finished up his call, he aplogized and we continued to talk while Jenny got changed.

Jenny came bounding down the stairs and me, her and Jimmy went into the kitchen. It was suprising how much Jenny and Jimmy seemed to click only knowing each other for less than 24 hours. We talked to each other for quite awhile, then when the two love birds started being all lovey-dovey, I excused myself to the living room. Just as I was about to take a seat the front door bell rang. Groaning in frustration, I walked over to the door.

As soon as I opened the door, a pair of arms quickly extended to grab ahold of me. Acting on impulse I quickly raised my knee, striking the guy right in his crown jewels area. The guy let out a stangled groan as he fell to the floor, with his hands between his legs. It was then the 3 guys behind him started to crack up laughing. Looking up at them, I realised it was the guys from yesterday, Jimmy's friends. Gazing down at the floor, the guy with the mohawk was rolling around in pain. "Shit I'm so sorry!" I excalimed, as the other three guys continued to laugh. Jenny and Jimmy walked to the front door both looking confused.

In a squeaky high pitched voice he replied "It's okay."

"What happened?" Jenny asked.

In between breaths the guy with the fedora said "Well when the door opened, Johnny went to hug the person that opened it, thinking it was you...but it wasnt!" He cracked up laughing again.

When the laughing died down, we all went into the house, Johnny had an ice pack between his legs and we were all chatting amound ourselves in the living room.By now we had all established everyone's names and such, so there was a really calm atmosphere. The guys met Jenny at a bar last night after she finished her shift so she already knew them.

"Damn, for a little chick you have a good kick in you!" Johnny stated, now back to his normal pitched voice.

"Well when you think some is going to grab you, you kinda do what you have to, to save your ass." I grinned. Everyone burst out laughing.

/\/\.Jenny's POV./\/\

By now it was 11:30pm, the guys are staying at my place tonight, and so is Alex. I didn't bother calling her mother, she wouldn't care if Alex left the country! Alex really hit it off with the guys, they seemed like old friends around eachother, which was strange, because Alex has serious trust issues with people, because of what happened when she was younger..Yeah I knew the whole story.

Sitting on the chair on Jimmy's lap, I looked over at Alex and smiled to myself. She had fallen asleep about 10 minutes ago. Her head was rested on Matt's shoulder. I said he should just wake her up, but he shook his head saying he didn't mind.

"I think I should put her to bed, she wont be happy waking up in the morning with a bad neck." I laughed slightly. I got off Jimmy's lap and walked over to Alex. I went to shake her shoulder to wake her up, but Matt stopped me.

"No. Don't wake her. I'll carry her up." Matt said. I nodded my head. Then he picked Alex up effortlessly, and followd me up the stairs to the guest room where she stayed sometimes. As I was walking up the stairs I though I heared Brian say 'Do you think he'll tell her?' But I thought it was just me catching the end of a conversation or something.

Matt laid Alex down on the bed and pulled the covers up to her neck. He looked at her for a moment and smiled before we walked out of the room, I closed the door slightly and walked down the stairs, Matt following.

Sitting back where we were a few moments ago, we all settled back down. All eyes were on Jimmy, for some reason. He cleared his throat. "Um..Jen..We have something to tell you.."

"What is it?" I asked looking at him...He looked nervous...So did Matt..

"Well It's about Alex..It's about her father.." He murmered, looking at me, then at Matt. By now Matt looked ready to pass out. His face was pale and he was very silent. "Well you see...he's kinda in the room.."

I looked around at the guys, with my eye wide opened. My gaze fell upon Matt. He nodded and looked at the floor, then back at me "...I'm Alex's father...."
♠ ♠ ♠
x..Comments?..x