Sweet Child Of Mine

Part Six

*Back at the Hotel*
/\/\.Matt's POV./\/\

When we got back to the hotel, Jenny saw to Alex. She made sure she showered and got herself cleaned up. The guys helped me settle on the couch, as I was still kind of weak from the river. Jenny was making sure that Alex had managed to get to sleep okay. I let her take my bed, while I got the couch in the living area.

It was now 3am. All the guys and Jenny had gone to bed about an hour ago. I was now lying on the couch in the darkness, thinking about what I was going to say to Alex, in the morning.

/\/\.End Of Matt's POV./\/\

When I opened my eyes the next morning, I was in unfamiliar surrounding. Looking around the room slowly, I remembered where I was and why. Getting out of the bed, the T-shirt, that

Zacky gave me to sleep in, fell below my knees. More like a jacket than a t-shirt! I thought to myself. There were other beds in the room. In one, Jimmy and Jenny were sleeping peacefully wrapped in each others arms, Johnny and Zacky were pased out in the double bed they were sharing, while Brian was snoring softly from another bed.

I made my way out of the bedroom and into the living area, the big living area.

The couch, which I guess Matt occupied a few hours ago, was now a mess of un-made blankets. Yet, Matt was no-where in sight. Walking into the room, I began to feel more at ease. I can't believe what happened last night! I bet they think I'm a right freak now!

The clicking of the hotel door, disturbed me from my thoughts.

"Morning Alex." Matt said calmly, as she shut the door. In his hand he was carrying a drinks holder, with what like cups of coffee. "I didn't know if you liked coffee, tea, cappicino, or orange juice...So I got one of each. "

"Erm thanks.." I said quietly. A day ago, I could have talked to this man, no problem. But now, knowing that he is my father, the simple task of talkign now seems impossible!

For the next 20 minutes, Matt and I sat in silence, him drinking the coffee and me sipping the orange juice. Once we were finished, I knew what was going to happen. A talk..

"Alex," Matt started "I know it was wrong of me not to tell you sooner who I am. It's just... You seemed so happy with thelife you were leading at the time. I didn't want to ruin it for you." He rubbed his face with his hands for a moment. "i swear I was going to tell you, I just wish I could have told you sooner.." Matt looked up for my response.

I opened my mouth to respond, but the words just wouldn't come out. Several, long moments later, I was ready to talk. "How..How can you be so nice to me..After what I did? I lied to the police and got you arrested." Tears started to roll down my cheeks. "I don't understand..."

Matt got up and rushed to my side and wrapped me in a comforting hug. "It's simple. Your my daughter. And I know your mother was trying to get back at me for weeks! That's the reason she made you say what you did. "Quiet sobs came from my mouth, as I played with the silver locket around my neck. "You still have that old thing?" Matt laughed. "I remember when I gave you that, the first thing you did, was jump up and down, screaming, 'Now I'm a-"

"Disney Princess like Ariel.." I finished off, wiping a tear from my eye. I could recall that event no problem. "And later that day, when Zacky fell asleep, I put strawberry jam in his hair thinking it was hair gel." I laughed. "I knew as soon as I saw all of you guys, that I recognised you!" Things were starting to make alot more sense now.

"Your a big girl now, there is no way I could have fooled you. I was trying my hardest to find you, but I had a restraining order put on me. When the cops found out your mom had left the country. they had no choice but to release me, as they had no evidence." Matt stated.

I nodded my head in response. "So how did you find me?"

"Well some friends of ours, we're at the place where your working about 2-3 months ago," I couldn't really remember anyone remotely familiar "-and then he said he saw you, told me and here I am."

We both sat in an akward silence for a few minutes. It felt weird knowing that the man infront of me, was my father. Slowly I got up and stood infront of Matt. I looked up at him briefly, before wrapping my arms around his stomach in a hug. "I've missed you...Dad."

Matt wrapped his arms around my shoulders and kissed the top of my head. "You have no idea how long I have wanted you to say that."

As we pulled out of the hug, the bedroom door opened, revealing a sleepy looking Zacky.

"I smell coffee." He mumbled rubbing his eyes.

I smirked at him eviling, before running towards him and tackling him to the floor in a teddy bear hug. "Zacky!!" I yelled as we both fell to the floor.

After getting of the shock of being taken down by a girl, Zacky hugged me back "Ah! She's back!!" He shouted. Getting off of Zacky, I ran into the bedroom and hopped on the nearest bed and started jumping up and down while yelling at everyone to get up.

"Someone's back to their normal self." Smiled Jenny from her bed.

Diving onto the bed she and Jimmy were occupying, I must have winded Jimmy as he pulled a pained face. "He...My bad," I mumbled "Jenny I'm so sorry I was a bitch to you."

"Don't worry about it." She smiled. I jumped off the bed and onto the one Johnny was in. He didn't wake up. I poked him in the side. Still nothing.

"Alex use this!" Smirked Zacky, throwing at me...An air horn!

"I aint gonna ask!" I caught the airhorn and stood next to Johnny's bed. Covering my one ear with my free hand, I pressed the button, setting of a loud screeching horn. Johnny jumped a mile in the air, with his arms and legs flying in every direction. He landed on the floor with a thud. "At least he's alive.."

Looking at me from the floor, Johnny growled "Gr...Your gonna pay for that.." He stood up.

"Eeep!" I quickly dropped the horn and ran out the room, into the living area, Johnny followed quickly, chasing me. [strike]Matt[/strike] Dad was just standing in the living area looking confused.

"Johnny's trying to kill me!" I yelled hiding behind Dad.

All it took was for dad to look at Johnny and he backed off. "Um...Yeah..I was getting up anyway." Johnny mumbled, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

Zacky came over and hi-fived me whilst we both cracked up laughing, Dad just shook his head. "I think life's gonna get better." I smiled.