Status: Slow Active

Have Faith in Me

Five.

My eyes grew wider in fear when I saw one of our captors walk in, and my heart raced at the sight of the gun. Pat's grip around me tightened significantly at the sight of it. My voice was almost silent as I whispered, "Pat.. We gotta make him open the cages.." She nodded in response, never taking her eyes off the man.

We watched silently as our captor sauntered over to Sam’s cage, a cocky look in his eyes. Sam glared at him, the intense hate and rebellion practically radiating off of him. It Didn’t seem to phase the man, as he only unlocked the door, keeping his gun cocked at shoulder level. I watched Sam carefully, terrified that something was going to happen, but somehow knowing he knew perfectly well how to handle himself at the same time.

The man reached for the door and opened it just enough to stick the muzzle of the gun through the crack. Coward, I thought in absolute rage. Sam was watching him calmly, but I felt Pat’s grip on my shoulders tighten significantly.

Then, almost faster than my eyes could catch, Sam wrenched the door open and threw his body into our captor’s, knocking him to the floor. I heard and saw the gun shoot its deadly bullet, and almost screamed. I bit my lip hard enough to draw blood, only barely stifling it.

But my fear of Sam getting hurt was most definitely unfounded. He stood up, showing us the unconscious form of our former captor lying on the ground. He brushed his hair out of his face as he turned back to face us. It was honestly pretty disturbing that he could look so unphased about it.

It was even more disturbing the way he simply dragged the other man into the cage he was in previously. He muttered something under his breath, giving the unconscious body a small glare. Obviously someone was holding a grudge.. Although I couldn't really blame him.

“Okay, now that we have mister crazy guy knocked out.. You should let us out now. Just saying. It’s claustrophobic in here,” Pat told him, a slight edge to her voice. She hated tight spaces. I did too, just not as much as she did. I gave her a small hug, relieved that she gave my shoulders a squeeze in reassurance.

Sam shook his head slowly. He turned around just as slowly, and began to walk back to the man came in. “Hey, what are you doing?” I asked softly, but still slightly panicked.

He just shook his head and made to open the door. “Hey! Let us the hell out! You don’t ‘come to rescue’ someone and keep them in the goddamn cage they’ve been locked in for hours!”

I saw Sam flinch slightly when Pat yelled at him. Again, he shook his head. “You don’t understand. I’m coming back, I promise. It’s dangerous out there. I don’t want you guys getting hurt.”

I frowned slightly, my nails digging into Pat’s arm. My mood was getting darker as I got more pissed at the man opposite us. This was an awful time for mood swings.. Pat rubbed my back gently, sensing the coming change.

“I’ll be back, I promise,” Sam said softly, as he made for the door again.

“Hey,” I said softly, but not at all in the timid tone I normally used. I think that’s what made him turn around. He arched an eyebrow at me impatiently.

“You,” I said quietly, “are an awful excuse for someone who considers themselves a rescuer. Last time someone told us they‘d be back, they abandoned us. Don‘t expect a warm welcome next time.”

Sam’s eyes widened for a moment in shock. I don’t think he was expecting that out of either of us, especially me, with the very few words I’d spoken beforehand. He bit his lip, then turned around firmly. “You’ll see.” Then he walked out the door.

I slumped against Pat slightly, exhausted. I hadn’t gotten any sleep in two days, not to mention being captured and that extremely dark mood swing. She rubbed my back softly, holding my closer to her side.

“We need to get out of here,” she said quietly. I nodded wordlessly, meeting her eyes in a silent question. Should we?

She nodded. “Only way we’re getting out of here anytime soon. I’ll go first this time,” she told me, releasing her hold on me.

She closed her eyes, finding her internal rhythm. Without any fanfare or mythically famous lights or noises, my sister went from human to a small silver tabby cat in an instant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh, I'm so sorry guys. (Although it is on slow active for a reason..)
Life sucks right now.
But, in other words.. Hope you enjoyed.
Comment/subscribe(for all you new readers out there)? :3