‹ Prequel: All I Wanted

Paint It Black

Who's Gonna Love You More Than Me?

The beginning of March, nearly 3 weeks after I had Joey, we were told we could bring him home. It would take another week, but he was healthy and would be able to formally meet everyone, at home. I was more than excited for this...that is, until Tyler showed up.

He knocked on my door, early in the morning, as Frank and I were going to see Joey again. I was surprised when I saw him, but wondered why no one had called him. He didn't look upset, more confused.

"I was gonna come sooner, but I had a review due." he told me as I joined him outside. The snow had melted, and it was beautiful outside; very warm and windy.

"I'm sorry I didn't--"

He cut me off, "It's fine, your mom told me everything." he leaned against the landing, "How is he?"

I smiled to myself, "He's great, actually. We get to bring him home on Friday."

He huffed to himself, a little chuckle, "What'd you name him?"

"Joey."

A small smile crept on his lips and he nodded, knowingly, to himself, "Cool."

I shifted a little, standing beside him, "There's no need for a test, Tyler," I started, "he looks exactly like Frank," I chuckled a little, mainly to ease myself.

He sighed softly, "Okay."

"I'm sorry you came all the way here. Why didn't you call me?"

He shrugged, "I dunno...I was hoping..." he stopped himself, "Never mind."

I scratched the back of my head, "Look...um...I'll pay you back for the trip--"

He cut me off, "Can I see him?"

My eyes widen in surprise, "What?"

"Can I see him?" he repeated, same soft, determined tone.

"I don't know..." I trailed quietly.

He looked at me sideways, and tighten his lips. He leaned up and looked down at me; "You know, Sunny, Frank will never love you like I do."

I rolled my eyes to my left then my right, "What's that suppose to mean?" 

He narrowed his eyes, "You know exactly what I mean," he spat angrily, "he won't ever love you like I do. I have always been there for you, no matter how hard you pushed me away, I was there."

I sighed heavily, "Don't do this--"

He cut me off again, "He'll be gone all the time, and you don't know what he does on tour. He won't always be faithful, Sunny, you know that. I'm the one you're suppose to be with."

I frowned at him, "Stop it, Tyler, don't even--"

"He won't ever care like I do. Where was he when you were breaking down all the time? All those times you had nightmares? Who comforted you when you lost your first baby?" I felt my stomach tighten as Tyler went on, "He says he loves you now, but he won't care once he's gone!"

I felt tears merge at the corners of my eyes, and I quickly wiped them away. My throat tighten, and I was on the verge of sobbing; "Don't." I warned him.

He stood in front of me, "I'm telling you the truth. You and me were meant to be together. Not you and him. I'm the one who loves you. Who loves you more than me?"

"Why are you doing this?" I sobbed out.

"Because," he got closer to me, "I'm telling you the truth. Emme and Frank are just people who have grips on us."

I stepped away from him, wiping my eyes, "I want you to go, Tyler."

"Are you mad because I'm telling you the truth, or are you mad because you know it's the truth?"

I narrowed my own eyes at him, "Go."

He huffed again, turned his heel and started walking down the driveway. I didn't see where he went, I just rushed back into the house. As soon as I closed the door, Frank was coming from the living room.

Frank gave me a look, wondering, "Who was that?" he asked.

I bit at the inside of my bottom lip, "No one."

He eyed me, "Sunny, who was it?" I knew he had seen my eyes; they had to be red.

I shook my head, "No one. Just drop it."

He frowned, "Who was it?" he pressed again.

I refused to say, and figuratively, clamped my mouth shut. I shook my head, refusing gesturally.

Frank stared at me, narrowing his eyes, confused; "Why won't you tell me?"

"It was no one," I muttered.

He sighed, "Fine."
-

I played with my hands the entire ride to the hospital. My whole body and mind were torn up about what Tyler had said. It just hurt that he said all those things, especially after I tried to be friendly with him. I knew everything he was saying wasn't true, but you couldn't help but think about it.

I hated thinking that way. I didn't want to doubt my life with Frank, because I love him more than anyone else. We were starting our lives together; he wouldn't go out and be unfaithful again, would he?

Fuck, the hell am I to do? I wish I could stop thinking this way.

"Stop thinking so hard," Frank smiled over at me, "you're gonna get a headache."

I tried to smile, but I was still upset. Frank eyed me a bit before he stared back at the road, and sighed softly. 

"What's wrong?" he asked finally.

"Nothing," I murmured.

He loosen his grip on the steering wheel, turned on the signal light, and then pulled over to the side of the street. He turned the blinker off, the car off and dropped his hands from the steering wheel. He turned to me; "You better tell me what's going on or we're gonna stay here until you do."

I smirked at him, "It's nothing."

He squeezed his eyes shut, frustrated and hit the steering wheel. I jumped in my seat and scooted closer to the door; out of instinct. He gazed over at me, pressing his lips into a thin line, he looked angry; "Will you just tell me what's wrong? I want to help you!"

I just looked at him, weary of telling him. I swallowed hard; "Tyler came over today." 

He knit his brows confusingly; "What? What'd he say?"

"He said some things that I didn't like." I told him truthfully.

"What? Tell me."

I chewed at the inside of my cheek. I didn't want to tell him, he'd get mad. "I don't want to tell you."

"Why not?"

"Because you'll get mad."

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair; "I don't care. Tell me right now, Sunny."

Frank looked more than upset already. I didn't want to make him anymore mad. "Don't get mad," I warned him.

"Just tell me."

I chewed at my cheek again, but then I opened my mouth and told him. I told him the entire conversation Tyler and I had. Frank kept his cool throughout it, but balled his fist near the end when I told him I was gonna cry. 

When I finished, he had his lips tight again; "Do you believe him?" he asked quietly.

I shook my head, "No."

Frank reached over and pulled me close to him. He pressed his lips to my forehead, hugging me sideways; "I love you, Sunny," he stated boldly, "he's trying to hurt you."

"I know."

"If he comes back, I'll deal with him, okay?"

I nodded, "Okay."

Frank kissed me again, "Are you alright now?"

"Yes."

"Good. Now let's go see our kid."
-

Once Joey was in my arms, I didn't want to let him go. He stared up at Frank as he sat beside me, and Frank stared back.

"Why does stare at me?" Frank asked.

"He's wondering why you have his face," I joked.

"I had it first," Frank stuck his tongue out. Joey made a weird face, but then looked at me. We both chuckled at it, it was so cute, "He's so cute. My little monster."

"You're still a little monster yourself, Frankie," I told him with a smile.

"Yeah, but I got my own miniature version," he grinned at me.

The inside of my body seemed to warm up; I felt so complete at that exact moment. I was more than happy. My entire world felt at ease, now. 

I bit my lip, and smiled down at Joey, whom was now beginning to yawn. He shut his eyes slowly, and opened them; he kept fluttering them until sleep over powered him.

"He looks like you when he sleeps." Frank whispered.

I shook my head, "He looks like you."

Frank smacked his lips, "Look at his mouth, Sun."

"I don't sleep like that," I told him; Joey had his lips turned down, almost like a fish.

"Yes you do, babe," he pecked my cheek, "I think it's the cutest thing ever."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Whatever."

I set Joey back in his incubator, and the nurse came and hooked him up to his breathing machine. It was always hard leaving him, especially after I see them put that little mask on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's only two chapters left! Oh my gosh, I didn't even notice! I'm kinda sad now! Well, I hope you guys like it.
And I don't think I'll write a trequel (?) to this. I want to, but I'm really over having Sunny suffer, she's like me a bit, I love her! But, I know I'll write some more Frank stories; just cuz I love him.
Anyways, have some Frank and Bob love (and smoking)
Image
(I've always wanted to do that to someone!)