Status: I'll update pretty fast...if you want?

You Don't Have to Be Alone

Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven
Parker POV

I liked being on the plane. If felt safe here. I was with Ainsley and I made a new friend…and met a few strangers, but I knew I didn't have to be scared of them. I talked a lot more than I usually did to Shannon, but that's because Ainsley was with me, making me feel all brave.

Ainsley held me the entire ride. Near the end, I got distracted by Ainsley and nuzzled up against him, kissing him at random times. I didn't see anyone, but Ainsley. He was looking at me, softly, running his fingers through my hair.

We stayed like that until Shannon kicked my chair. The plane had stopped and we hadn't even noticed. Aren't I the observant one? I wonder how long I'd ignored Shannon to stare at Ainsley. I felt kind of bad about it, but not really.

We walked down the plane ramp-slide thing. The ramp kind of scared me because it was kind of rusted and creaked when Ashton slid down it. "Come on, sweetie," Ainsley cooed. I'll hold your hand the entire time." I nodded and took his hand, so he could help me. It was really fun, even if my fat ass made it creak the entire time. Shannon grabbed Blaze's hand and Blaze suddenly looked like he wanted to kill himself…or maybe Shannon. On second thought, most likely Shannon.

Shannon jumped down, pulling Blaze after him. I knew Ainsley was trying not to laugh at them, but I didn't even bother to try to hide it.

Blaze gave me a nasty look. Jamie was skipping around, happily and was still chasing a tired looking Drew. I bet at any time, Drew would burst into flames from how red he was getting. This just seemed to encourage Jamie and make him think he had a chance. I kind of thought Jamie had a chance, too.

Ashton and Crowe were looking for a phone. I noticed that Ashton was also getting a good look at Crowe's ass. I smiled to myself.

Where was Blaze at? I think Ainsley was thinking the same thing because he was looking around. I shrugged and pulled Ainsley over. They finally found a phone and Ashton got a car to pick us up. Good thing to because I was getting extremely cold on this horribly cold landing platform. They could have at least made a little house to protect us from the wind. Ainsley wrapped his coat around me, but my teeth kept chattering. Ainsley didn't even seem bothered by it.

While we waited, Jamie and Shannon started being idiots and were playing around. Avery looked relieved that he was being, momentarily, left alone. Shannon seemed relatively happy, but I could tell he was wondering where Blaze was. Shannon hid behind Crowe, annoying Ashton who'd gotten his view of Crowe's ass obstructed. Jamie lunged at him, failed and landed face-first into the ground. Shannon laughed, dragging Jamie up off the ground. He struggled, giving him death glares. Shannon pounced at him and started tickling him. Jamie was screaming with laughter. He's probably the most ticklish person I've ever met. "Not m-m-me!" He shrieked. "G-get P-p-parker!"

Who me? I held on to Ainsley, but the traitor handed me over to Shannon. "No! Get off me, you freaks," I squealed as all three of them started tickling me. I started screaming.

Jamie covered my mouth and I licked his hand. "Eww! Bad doggie! No lick," he shouted, flicking me on the nose.

I huffed. Ainsley finally decided to be a good boyfriend and save me.

Blaze came out of the dark wooded area with his hair rumpled and his belt undone. A moment later, a young guy ran off in the other direction. I guess it wasn't as long a drive as Ashton made it sound, if that guy can run home. Lazy bum. Uh, nasty. I'm glad we didn't go looking for him. I might have been blinded. And in the woods? Really? Shannon wouldn't even look at Blaze and he got a lot quieter.

The car pulled up. The front of the car had tinted windows and was separate from the back, so we couldn’t see the driver. I'm not sure why, though. It's not like I planned to attack him or anything.

Crowe glance over at me and answered my silent question. "They tint all of the cab windows because they think that we will jump anyone they see. I doubt I would even want to see any of them, They probably FAT AND OLD!!!" The last part he yelled at the driver. I could see the profile of the driver flip him off.

This seemed to tempt Ashton to start shit. "FUCK OFF ASSHOLE!!! The driver didn't show Ashton the bird.

Crowe looked at the driver in disgust. "I can't believe this," he groaned while Ashton shot him a superior look.

We piled into the back, tossing our bags into the corner. I settled myself into Ainsley's lap. Shannon sat on my left and Ashton on my right. I watched him, carefully. I still didn't have any reason to trust him, other than that he's Ainsley's brother.

He smirked at me. "You scared, Little bird?" I glared; well tried to glare.

Shannon was confused. "What did he call you?" Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you that it is extremely rare to find a bird shape-shifter. Most are mammals, since they are closer to us and the change is not as difficult. I pulled my hoodie over my head to show the slits in the back of my shirt and stretched my wings out. I'd cut holes in the back of some of my shirts, so I could move my wings.

Shannon reached out to pet one of my wings while I tucked the other around me. I smiled when I was Drew look at me, curiously. I extended my tucked in wing to him. Jamie started petting my wings, absently. When Ainsley started massaging the base of my wings, I purred, arching like a cat. It became a pet the Parker game. Soon, I'd drifted asleep. I woke up slightly, when the car stopped, but Ainsley just wrapped my wings and legs around him, so he could carry me in. He grabbed our bags, ignoring comments from Crowe, Ashton, and Jamie about how he was whipped.

I shivered. It was really cold out here. I wrapped my wings tighter around Ainsley, trying to warm him up with my downy feathers. I tightened my grip on him and went back to sleep, feeling perfectly safe as long as Ainsley was holding me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think!