Status: completed.

If You Only Had a Heart

0 3

That’s when I heard it, the high pitched screeching…then everything went black.

Christina

I stopped in my tracks, when I heard a car from behind screech, then a loud bang which was followed by a muffled yell. John. I turned around in a speed that sent me dizzy, when my head settled I looked at the scene before me, John. My beautiful John was sprawled out across the road. I screamed louder than I had ever done so in my life, running towards his limp body, I knelt down beside him, ignoring the yells and noises around us at that moment I just wanted John to be alright, I wanted him to be able to see his child grow up, I wanted to be a family. I was just sorry it took something like this to happen to finally see it.

“John- oh god John, please! Please be alright!” I cried into his chest, wiping his blood drenched hair out of his face. He was so pale, laying close to lifeless in that spot. “ I’m so sorry, babe, I am so sorry!”

At this point I was in hysterics, tears just kept on flowing, I was praying for his life, praying that he’d be okay, that he’d survive this. I held his hand, rubbing it gently with mine, I let go for a second to remove my jacket to put over him before taking his hand once again. Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion, John was slowly lifted onto an ambulance bed, before being placed into the back of the ambulance itself. I struggled up behind him, sitting beside the bed, as we drove to the hospital.

I had been sitting in the waiting room for three hours, waiting for the news on John. I had called the guys letting them know what had happened, they were on their way to the hospital now. This was all my fault, John wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for me, if I had only forgiven him for everything, I ju- I just want him to be okay.

“Chris?” someone whispered.

I looked up to see Kennedy, the look on his face showed he had been crying, which only started me off again. He walked quickly towards me, pulling me into a hug.

“Shh, Chris, everything’s going to be okay, he’s going to be okay” he whispered, trying to reassure me.

“It’s my fault, Kennedy! He wouldn’t be here if I hadn’t have left” I sobbed into his chest.

He rubbed my back gently, trying to sooth me.

“It’s not you’re fault, Chris. Don’t do this to yourself, you’re going to affect the-” he started but was cut off by my agonising scream.
I doubled over in pain, clutching my stomach. Water began to fall from my trouser legs… my waters had broken.

“Kenny!! The baby’s coming” I cried.

He went pale as a sheet, but helped me from the waiting room into the open corridor.

“Someone help!! She’s having a baby” he yelled grabbing the attention of a few nurses walking down the corridor. They began to run towards me, helping me into a random room. They helped me onto the bed. Garrett, Jared and Pat had spotted us and came running down the corridor and into the room.

“Please make the pain stop” I pleaded, rubbing my stomach “It’s coming to early, I don’t expect it for three more months”

“Miss, I’m sorry but this baby is coming now, due to you’re stress levels it has put you into an early labour” she spoke informatively.

I looked at the guys, they had no clue what to do. I gave them pleading eyes, until Kennedy came and sat beside be holding my hand.

“Go wait on John guys, I’ll stay with Chris” Kennedy spoke worriedly.

They guys nodded before they hurried out of the room, thankful they were not in Kennedy’s position.

“I’m scared” I whimpered, looking at Kennedy.

“I know, but you’ll be fine okay?” he said softly.

“John” I whispered.

“He’s going to be okay too, Chris” he sounded unsure, I couldn’t handle this all happening.
I wanted it to be John sat beside me, not Kennedy.

A doctor came through the door, along with a midwife.

“Miss Bell, I’m sure you know you are in labour, but this baby needs to get out as soon as possible, which mean we are going to need to do a C-Section on you if you want the baby to survive” he informed me.

My heart stopped for a second.

“What’s wrong with it?” I asked frantically.

“The umbilical cord is around the baby’s neck, it’s starving of oxygen” he replied.

“Well then, do something don’t just stand there, get my baby out!!” I cried.

They wheeled me out of the room, Kennedy still holding my hand, a worried expression on his face. I was put into a white room, a nurse cut my clothes off before putting a gown onto me, then a nurse put a mask on my face, I inhaled deeply before slowly falling into the darkness, only seeing Kennedy’s face before it over took me.

John

I woke up in a white room, I had tubes stuck into my hand and arms, I tired to move a little, but the pain was unbearable. I could feel everything, but when I moved it just hurt more. I had no idea where I was, but I guess I was in hospital though I have little memory of what happened to put me in here. The door opened slightly as Garrett put his head around the door, his small frown turned into a huge grin when he saw me.

“Guys, he’s awake!” he yelled.

They all came piling into the room as quickly as they could.

“Man you’re okay! Jeeze, don’t scare us like that again!” Jared chuckled but with seriousness.

“Yeah! JohnOh, we though we had lost you!” Pat added sadly.

Garrett nodded in agreement.

“So-sorry guys, I- I didn’t mea-mean to scare you” I croaked.

“It’s cool man, you’re still alive that’s all that matters” Garrett laughed.

I’m glad they found this amusing. But I noticed one of the motley crew was missing…

“Where’s Kennedy?” I breathed.

All three boys looked at each other,

“He’s with Chris” Pat opened up, I noticed that all their faces were pale.

“Why? What’s happened?” I asked worriedly.

There were so many things running through my mind at that moment.

“Don’t look so frightened, John. But she- uh- she’s gone into labour” Jared spoke softly.

“LABOUR?!” I yelled “ She’s got three more fucking months left!”

“We know that John, but the stress caused it, she was there with you when you got his by that car, she was a complete mess, she still loves you John Oh, but the bad news was that the last we heard she was heading into theatre, she needs a C-Section as the baby is lacking oxygen because of the umbilical cord or something was wrapped around it’s neck” Garrett informed me.

Oh my god, this was too much, this all couldn’t be happening at the same time! My Christina was in theatre to have her baby delivered in danger of dying, at this moment I couldn’t care less that I had just been run over, I needed to get out of this bed now and to get to Chris.

FUCK.
♠ ♠ ♠
two updates in one night! ;) This is a really dramatic chapter, alot is happening.

John's not dead! YAY! xD hahaaa.

What do you think's going to happen? will the baby live? will it be a boy or a girl?

Comment and Subscribe.

Thankyou to

Alexander Gaskarth; && deekayyx0 for commenting so far! <3
xoxox