Status: completed.

If You Only Had a Heart

0 4

Christina

The soft cry of a baby brought me out of my dreams, I slowly opened my eyes, blinking a couple of times to adjust to the light that filled the white room. I slowly turned my head to the left to find Kennedy sat in the arm chair in the corner of the room, with my baby in his arms. I had no idea what the sex of the baby was, as I was given anaesthesia to put me asleep during the mild operation. Usually they don’t do that, but I couldn’t cope with the thought of being awake when I was being cut open, it made me cringe just thinking about it.

“What sex is it?” I asked softly.

Kennedy snapped his head up, a smile playing at his lips.

“It’s a beautiful baby boy, he still needs a name”

I nodded.
“John” I replied with a smiled “To keep the O’Callaghan tradition” I added.

“Sounds about right” Kennedy whispered. “Here” he slowly got up, gently holding the bundle of joy, and handing him to me.

I looked down at the small baby in my arms, he was the spitting image of John at that age, what caught my eye was that they shared the same piercing green eyes, a feature that was hard to forget. I smiled softly down at the dozing baby, gently rubbing his face with the side of my finger. He was perfect. Then I remembered John…

“Kennedy, is John ok?” I whispered frantically, weary of the sleeping baby John in my arms.

“He’s doing okay Chris, he’s awake and is stressing over you since he found out that you were in here too, he wanted to come and see you but the nurses wouldn’t let him… they are damn stubborn too, you know how persistent John can be…” he chuckled softly.

“I’m glad he’s okay, I want to go see him…can I do you think? And well…they must be tough nutshells to break, no one can turn down John from getting what he wants” I grinned.

Kennedy nodded his head with a laugh.

“Yeah, I look up to those nurses! And I’m not sure if you can, with you’re stitches and all”

I nodded my headed in disappointment.

I just wanted John to see his bouncing baby boy.

John

Sat in the same bed for hours, wanting nothing more to see Chris and our baby, but that wasn’t going to happen anytime soon. The nurses were awfully persistent that I stay in bed to make a good recovery, seeing as I only got his by that truck yesterday. Since I had been awake I had learned that I had broken a few ribs, chipped bones in my left leg and arm and also I had broken my wrist…which meant I wont be able to play guitar for a while…which just depressed me more. Garrett, Jared and Pat had left a little while ago to catch up on sleep seeing as they had spent the whole of last night with me, Kennedy had popped in once for a while when Chris was in the operating theatre, he hasn’t been up since and it was starting to worry me. All that was running though my head was all the negative stuff like, is the baby okay? Did something go wrong during the operation? And the worst of worse did Chris die during theatre? My throat dried up a little as that small worried feeling grew into something along the lines of a panic attack. The awful thing was that I couldn’t see her, I had to stay shut up in here for a couple more days, or less depending on how well I am…I hope it was less I really do. The baby thought crossed my mind yet again, I really wanted to know if it was okay and if so what have we got? A little girl or boy?

A small knock at the door brought me out of my thoughts, It was around 11:00pm, who would be up at this time?

“Come in” I spoke loudly.

The door creaked open, Kennedy was stood in the door way with a little bundle in his arms. I knew immediately that it was a baby, mine and Chris’.

“John, I brought someone special to see you.” Kennedy smiled whilst walking over to the bed I was currently laid in.

Kennedy carefully past the bundle to me, where I cradled it into my arms, softly. Looking down on what Chris and I had created was one of the most beautiful moments I had ever had, I had a son, he looked so much like me when I was that age, he gained the best feature, my moss green eyes.
I smiled down at the perfect gift we had ever received.

“What’s his name?” I asked Kennedy not looking up.

“John” he said simply in reply.

My head shot up, meeting Kennedy’s gaze.

“Chris named him John? To keep my family tradition?” I asked happily.

He nodded again.

“How is she?” I added.

“She’s fine, just tired I believe. She will be let out soon so she will be able to come and see you” he informed.

“Thanks, I’m glad she’s okay. I couldn’t help but think all of those negative thoughts, I’m just relieved that she’s fine” I said softly.

“I know man, but don’t worry I’ve been with her, I haven’t left her side since she arrived. You know she’s like a sister to me. I best take John back now, I’ve got to get home and sleep” he retorted.

I nodded before kissing baby John on the forehead as I handed him back to Kennedy. I sat as I watched them both leave the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter up! :D

thanks for the comments
Alexander Gaskarth;
&
whilethefirewasout

tell me you're thoughts about it so farr!

thankyou!!! <3
xoxox