Soon You'll Scream My Name

Because Of You My Mind Is Always Racing

Delta didn't want to let go of Drake. Not in a million years. But when his arms slipped from around her waist and she fell back down to the floor, she had no choice but to pull away. Delta had not seen him since the week after her friend Allie had been shot and murdered. Drake was arrested, because people had went and accused him.
"How did you get out of jail?" Delta asked as she sat across from her mother at the table.
Drake turned back to the stove and answered, "They found out who killed Allie."
Delta pursed her lips. She hasn't spoken of Allie in years.
"So," she said. "They found who murdered her after all this time?"
Drake nodded, but said nothing more.
To break the awkward silence, Delta asked her mother why she was home.
She smiled and glanced at Drake as he placed a plate of pancakes between the two of them.
"I got today off from the office," she explained. "Paige told me I had been working too much lately."
This brought a smile to Delta's face. In over almost a year her mother finally gets a day off. She then looked over at Drake.
"If you're out of jail for good, why the hell are you here and not back home with everybody else?"
Drake sat on the chair beside Delta and took the pancake out of her hand. She didn't complain, she just took another from the plate.
"The first person that popped into my head to see was you. Everybody else never came into thought."
Delta snorted as she rolled her eyes. "Don't I feel special."
Drake nodded as he finished Delta's pancake. "You should."
Delta's mother took a sip of her coffee then got up from the table. "I'm going back to sleep. Don't bother me until noon. I don't care what you do, just as long as you don't burn the house down or give the police a reason to give up a visit."
Drake and Delta barely heard the end of her sentence because she was explained as she headed up the stairs to retreat back to her comfortable queen-sized bed.
Drake took the pancake out of Delta's hand again.
"Dammit, Drake! Get your own fucking pancake off the plate."
He laughed. "I was waiting to piss you off."
"You just miss pissing me off don't you?"
Drake nodded and his black hair fell over his big brown eyes.
"I missed you too much, Drake." Delta says.
Drake looks at her. "I missed you too, Cookie."
Delta's jaw dropped and her gray eyes began to water.
"Whoa there," Drake says. "Why the fuck are you starting to cry?"
"The last person to call me Cookie was Allie, Drake."
Silence.
"I apologize, Delta. It slipped. I didn't mean to call you that, I mean, I always used to call you that and so did Allie and I forgot that you told me not to call you that and I didn't know what I was thinking and it just came out of my mouth and I wish I could take it back and I-"
Delta shut him up by shoving a pancake into his mouth.
"Would you calm down? You're getting nervous and you're rambling."
Drake's pale face looked down at the wooden floor. Delta crossed her legs on the chair and turned to face Drake. She took both her hands and tilted his head up.
"What's bothering you this bad?" She asked.
Drake looked over Delta's features. She was wearing no make-up, her long black hair fell in curls and waves and she was wearing close to nothing of clothes. Drake blushed, and wanted to look back down at the floor. But the look in Delta's eyes held his gaze.
"My father," Drake began. "Doesn't believe that I didn't murder Allie. So he kicked me out of the house when I tried to go back home. When I came here, your mother automatically offered me the guest room. She said if it was alright with you if I could stay here."
Delta's mouth formed a smile. "Of course you can stay here!"
Overfilled with joy, Drake tackled the thin girl to the kitchen floor with a hug.
"Thank you so much!" He told her after kissing her for head.
Delta saw movement, and looked at the stairs. There stood Caroline with her eyes wide open.
Drake was straddling Delta's waist, and it didn't look like a pretty picture.
"Good morning, Caroline." Delta smiled. "This idiot on top of me would be my dear friend Drake. Drake, this is my innocent friend Caroline."
Caroline waved. She fidgeted with the ends of her light brown hair; she suddenly felt nervous.
Drake stood up and held out a hand to help Delta stand up.
When Drake's eyes met Caroline's, he couldn't look away and neither could see. When Delta threw a pancake at Drake, is when their staring contest came to an end.

- - -

"Ash," Dakota sighed. "Go over and apologize to her."
"What if Delta doesn't want to hear it and decides to be a bitch?" Ashton snapped.
"You and I both know Delta better than that. She'll at least hear you out first. Then she'll be a bitch."
Ashton rolled his eyes. Neither of us apparently know Delta. We both thought everything would be perfectly fine after we got away from the party last night."
"I didn't think that." Dakota. "I knew there would be issues along the way."
"Along the way of what?"
"You and Delta being together."
Ashton sighed heavily. "How are you even sure that there is even a tiny little chance that Delta and I will be together one day?"
Dakota smiled. "Caroline will convince Delta to come back to you. Don't worry, she has a way with words."
"And her hands," Ashton mumbled.
Dakota didn't hear this, he walked out of living room before Ashton could even get the words out.
Ashton fell back onto the couch and stared at the ceiling, hoping Caroline could get Delta to change her mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize to the fullest extent for this late AND short chapter. My laptop broke and it's complete hell trying to update on my phone.
Forgive me by commenting? :3

Title: It's All Over by Three Days Grace.