Soon You'll Scream My Name

No Matter Where I Go I'll Make Sure You're All I See

Three Months Later


"Delta," I said standing up on my tip toes trying to put the star on top of my family's Christmas tree.
From across the room, Delta turned around from the mirror after putting on that Santa's hat I had thrown at her. She looked beautiful with that on, black eye-liner, green eye shadow, her black skinny jeans and plain dark green long-sleeved tee. Her mixed matched socked kind of unbalanced the whole look, but Delta could pull off any look. Me, on the other hand, can barely pull off the red long-sleeved tee, black skinny jeans and rainbow socks. The outfit doesn't look well on me unfortunately.
"How do I look?" She asked with a huge grin on her pale face.
"Gorgeous." I say. "Now can you come help me over here?"
"Oh, I'm so sorry!" She giggled as she came up behind me, wrapped her arms around my waist and lifted me up so that I could put the bright yellow start on the tree. Right then Drake and Dakota walked in from the kitchen and Dakota panicked.
"Be careful with her, Delta!"
She eased me back down onto my feet.
"Calm yourself," Delta said. "It's not like I was crushing the baby."
Dakota mumbled something Delta and I could not hear as he came over to me and pecked my cheek.
"If you girls want cookies they're on the counter." Drake said as he sat down on the couch.
"Cookies!" Delta cheered and dashed for the kitchen.
We laughed. I swear, this girl is still an eight-year-old at heart.
Oh, and I guess I should mention that I'm three months pregnant with Dakota's child. We made love a second time, but our protection didn't hold out very well. Dakota snaked his arms around me from behind and leaned down to kiss my neck. I leaned into him; feeling his warm body against my own. Delta then returned with a chocolate chip cookie in her mouth and two in her hand. She took the cookie out of her mouth with her free hand and said, "Save that lovey dovey crap for when I'm not around."
Dakota and I looked at her and laughed. Delta flopped down on the couch next to Drake and turned the television from Good Luck Charlie to Tom and Jerry.
"Hey!" Drake complained. "I was watching that."
"Not anymore." Delta said as she took a bite of her second cookie.
"So when does this Christmas party start again?" Drake asked, trying to get the remote from Delta.
"People should start walking through that door around six o'clock." Dakota answered.
Drake got the remote, then Delta tackled him down to the floor.
I turned to Dakota and tried to keep my voice down. "Is Ash coming?"
Delta obviously heard, because her gray eyes darted in our direction as completely stopped wrestling Drake. Dakota's lips formed a straight line and softly shrugged his shoulders. Delta snorted because she could careless if Ashton showed up or not. She's turned into a total bitch when Ashton is around, and Ashton, well, the complete opposite. In the past three months Ashton has gone soft. He's fallen in love with Delta and she doesn't even want to give him the time of day. She believes he's been putting on an act, but he hasn't. Ashton Watkins has really changed and everybody but Delta Underwood sees that.
Tonight though, that will change.
We plan on proving to Delta Ashton has changed because really, we're all tired of hearing Ashton complain about wanting her and Delta bitch every time he gets within five feet of her. Over the past couple weeks Dakota, a few loving friends and I have tried getting them together. Tonight will be the 49th attempt and we will not fail. If we do, I swear to fuck I'm going to go off on Delta even as much as I love her.
"Caroline," Delta said. She is now sitting on the couch with Drake and obviously she had let Drake win seeing that the television is back on the Disney channel.
I looked at her and her gray eyes were wide and looked so innocent.
"Can I put make-up on you? You'd look so gorgeous."
"She's gorgeous as she is now." Dakota defended.
I smiled and I saw Delta's eyes light up before I even said yes.
She got up, grabbed my wrist and pulled me from Dakota's grip. He wasn't too happy about this as he watched Delta drag me upstairs to my bedroom. She pulled me into my room then shut the door.
"Sit on your bed and look pretty," she said as she crossed the room to her bag sitting below my window. She dug through it as I sat crossed legged on my bed. My phone began to vibrate and I pulled it out of my pocket. It was from Ashton. He was asking if Delta was here, and texted a quick reply before Delta pulled out her makeup bag and came over to my bed. She sat down on my bed in front of me and zipped open the small black bag. First, she ran eye-liner around my eyes and made it thick. I was worried that she might make me look like a raccoon. Then she did eye shadow and then mascara. She dropped her tools into the bag, zipped it up and threw it toward her black and white checkered bag by my window.
"Go look at your beautiful self!" She said, pushing me off the bed.
I stumbled as I made my way over to my mirror, and might I say, she did a good job. Black eye-liner, black mascara and red eye shadow. I actually look, pretty. For once, I find myself attractive. Who knew just makeup could do such a thing. Delta came up from behind me and smiled.
"Like it?"
I shook my head.
"Love it?"
I nodded my head.
She giggled and took the green Santa hat that was handing on my mirror down and slid it onto my head the way her hat is placed on her head.
"Let's see what the boys thinks." Delta then grabbed my hand and dragged me out of my room. I didn't have time to pick up my vibrating phone that was still lying on my bed.
Back downstairs, we found Dakota stacking the boxes that the Christmas decorations were in on top of each other in the corner of the living room out of the way. Delta called out their names as we were coming down the wooden stairs. Dakota turned and looked at us after picking up one of the boxes and he nearly dropped it along with his jaw dropping. Drake looked at us then back at the television.
"Doesn't she look ten times more gorgeous than she already was?" Delta chirps.
Dakota just nods his head. Probably unable to do anything else. Delta went up to him and gently smacked his face, causing him to drop the box onto his green socked feet. He yelped, and Delta retreated to the kitchen. I went over to Dakota (holding in my laughter) and asked if he was alright. He made his way over to the couch and I sat down beside him. Delta later returned with yet another cookie stuffed in her mouth. Dakota got up and chased her around the house, and I did my best to get everything set for the party which would be starting in less than two hours. Dakota, Delta and Drake were no help, if I may add...

Later on, we all found out that Dakota was right. People began filling through the door a little before six. It was packed within half an hour. Luckily, most of the people were down in the basement. Delta and I had lost Dakota and Drake in the crowd down stairs, so she and I went up into the kitchen, grabbed a bunch of cookies and retreated to the safety of my bedroom. As we were munching on our chocolate chip cookies, we watched the television. My phone began buzzing behind us. We both turned to see it and it said I had two new text messages. I picked it up and unlocked my phone as I went to read them. Delta turned her attention back to the television and the cartoon that was playing. Both texts were from Ashton. The first was from two hours ago when Delta did my makeup, and it said that he would be coming to the party as planned. The text I had just received said that he was downstairs in the kitchen with Dakota. My heart began to race. I'm not so sure of this anymore. I looked at Delta, and when she noticed, she looked back.
"What?"
"Why won't you give Ashton a chance?" I asked bluntly.
She looked taken aback. She stuttered. "He's a fucking prick."
"But he's changed, Delta, and you know it. You just don't want to admit it."
Her eyes darted from me, to the television, then down toward her lap.
"I'm afraid he's going to use me, then leave me for some tramp whore he has."
I reached over and took her hand into mine. She didn't look up.
"Delta, do you really think if Ashton hasn't changed, that Dakota and I would still be trying to get you two together? I mean, Ashton fucking changed for you! That should really tell you something. He's like an innocent little kid now that it's ridiculous. Please Delta, give him a chance. This is the last time I will ever ask you. He's downstairs in the kitchen with Dakota, waiting for you."
Delta then looked up at me with her gray eyes wide. She didn't say a word, she just slipped her hand out of mine and exited my bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update, guys. My computer got messed up and needed to be fixed. Still needs to be, actually. But no worries, I'll update again soon. And I apologize for the time skip x_x
Comment? <3

Chapter Title: Guardian Angel by Abandon All Ships.