Status: Abandon

Got A Secret?

Truce?

I wanted nothing more then to curl up in a ball and sleep the day away. There were two things wrong with that idea. First being, I couldn't curl up it hurt to even think about doing that. Second, I was on airport duty with Evgeni. Meaning he had asked me yesterday before his ambush to drive him to the airport to get Oksana so they could neck in the backseat and I was treated like a chauffeur. It had happened before, actually Oksana treated me like a chauffeur and well, I think she did… she’d point at me then her bags and then Evgeni would say something to her and she’s mutter to herself.

"Geno, we have to talk about yesterday". I say bravely turning off the highway. I could do it; I could straighten this out and get rid of all the weirdness in the truck. Okay, maybe I was the only one being weird and flinched every time Evgeni came closer to me because I half expected him to maul me.

I look over to see him frown in confusion before smirking. "I kiss you, what we talk about? No big deal" he shrugs with a confident smile. I feel my teeth grinding as I hold back the internal scream of ‘NO BIG DEAL?!’.

"Geno, it was out of the blue. We’re friends, good friends. You don’t see me kissing Sidney." I point out. Nope, no kissing Sidney…no matter how much I was tempted.
I hear Evgeni mutter something and see another smirk on his lips as he laughed at his own little joke what ever it was.

I had been dreading this conversation since I left last night, I couldn't exactly think of how to approach it seeing as Geno seemed to have forgotten it happened already. That and by the smirk on his face he didn’t seem to think there was anything wrong with what he’d done, nor did he seem conflicted.

"I explain,” he says after a moment, “It Christmas, you sad"
"Yeah.. but Geno you can't just-"
"-Make you not think about Sidney?"
"Yeah but-"
"-Job done. I like blond, you dye hair we talk". I huff in annoyance looking over to see him shrug and look out the window. I don't know what kind of messed up logic he just used, or what kind of messed up distraction that was suppose to be.

"Keller, no tongue, not real kiss. No big deal, I no tell. You no kiss back anyway, not one thing to brag about". Evgeni reasons a few minutes later making me snort. If that's the story he was sticking with, that was fine by me. Evgeni was a good friend, like a brother if he thought he was trying to help (even if he went about it the wrong way) I wasn't going to argue. “Beside I need Russian girl, you no cook and confuse with your fancy speak. I end up cleaning house if not careful. You even make me clean last night, you annoying sister”.

I ponder this for a moment, I could question further or just accept this for what it was. That and I didn't need Oksana hiring a Russian hit man to kill me... I pull up to the arrivals and pull up along the side setting the break. I'd been through this before Oksana always took her time walking through the airport, usually making sure she had at least one picture taken of herself.

I scoot the seat back in my truck grabbing my book from the armrest. I could almost see the annoyance in Evgeni's face as he watched out the window waiting for that familiar blond hair to make her way down the sidewalk.

"She late" Evgeni mumbles after a good 15 minutes. I look up from my book briefly; she was always late. Before we left he had checked her flight it had gotten in half an hour ago. She was just taking her sweet ass time like always. Oh look at me I’m Oksana Ka-blah-blah-baah, I divorced my husband so I could sink my (perfectly manicured) claws into Evgeni’s wallet. The she-devil I tell you.

"She's always late, she'll be out soon. Told you to bring a book." I taunt settling down into the drivers seat; this was going to be a long morning.
____________________________________________________________________________

Keller should be cleared for play in the All Star Game, "I was lucky, I'm healing up pretty well but am still going to take it easy. I'll start with the skills competition and we'll see how things are for the next day. I don't know what team I'll be on yet. I've been assured that I don't get to pick the jersey colors. I think pink and baby blue would be interesting though don't you?"

It was a few weeks after New Years and I hadn't seen much of everyone since I hadn't been playing. My bill of health had been cleared last night though and I was free to do the morning skate and some heavier working out. The All Star Game was fast approaching and I wanted to play. After-all this was going to be the first year in like forever Sidney was actually playing.

"Red and Yellow? Green and White? HELL YES HARRY POTTER HOUSE COLORS!" I yell skipping into the dressing room, looking around for someone who would care.
I however found the one person who wouldn’t.

"Sidney"
"Rachel" he nods simply, reminding me of my other problem. Weeks later he was still being short with me, I had only seen him in the work out room and during strategy meetings. I didn’t bother calling, leaving the ball in his court and had taken to hanging out with Jordan more or Max and Marc. It’s amazing the barrier that can be created when you jabber in French.

"I saw a note in Dan’s office on the jersey colors” I offer with a small smile. Come on I was trying here, take the bait Sid, please.
"I saw them yesterday.." he pauses, "decided not to mention it".

Ouch.
"Dammit Sidney! Act your age!” I snip dropping my gym bag down onto the ground and crossing my arms in annoyance. I was pissed. I couldn't understand why he was still being such a big baby about this. Even Dan and Mario had forgotten about it, they weren't treating me any differently, or all disappointed anymore.

Sidney looks down at his hands for a moment before looking up, his brown eyes were shining. I feel my own eyes narrow seeing the flash of annoyance behind his.
"And what is the problem? Enlighten me please, because I don't understand. My best friend here has hardly spoken to me. He's ignored my calls, given me one word responses and all because I got hurt. Seriously I know I should have told someone but I just wanted to finish the game okay? Do you know how hard it is to be the only girl? Something like that wouldn't have happened to you! If Ovechkin checked you into the boards unexpected you wouldn't have been hurt as badly. But I was, and I was trying to tough it out and I'm sorry! For the millionth time I'm freaking sorry. I'm sorry I worried you or whatever, and that my Dad yelled at you over the phone…Even if that wasn't my fault. Just please talk to me, you're killing me here Sid."

Sidney shakes his head and stands up walking over to me, "You think I'm just mad at you? I'm madder at myself then you. I should have known something was wrong you said it yourself we're best friends. When you hit that ice," he shakes his head bringing his hands to rest on my shoulder, "I wanted nothing more then to jump over the boards and get to you as fast as I could. I couldn't though, I was frozen and couldn't even think straight, I didn't even know what was wrong! It scared me, and I'm sorry for being angry, but I couldn't figure out why...I'm just-"

"Sorry, I know" I interrupt him, grabbing him around his middle pulling him in to a long over due hug. I don't know how long we stood there, or why people didn't draw attention to themselves as they slowly started to trickle into the room. It wasn't until Jordan cleared his throat that we separated, both red in the face.

"I'm really excited actually! I don't know how to put into words how pumped I am for this weekend. It's going to be amazing!" Rachel Keller smiles for our cameras as we put the finishing touches on her make up.

"Go! Go! Gryffindor!" I yell sitting in my chair as Sidney makes his next pick. I felt like I was sitting around waiting for teams to be picked for gym and was getting restless. Sidney was one captain and Ovechkin the other, he had the green jerseys. Slytherin fit him well.

"This is televised you know" Jeff Skinner laughs from behind me. I turn around briefly giving him a small shrug before waving over to the camera, which was focused on us waiting for the next pick. "And the next pick, Max Talbot"
"Awhhhh man!" I exclaim punching Max in hip as he walked by with a smirk. I wanted nothing more then to hit him. Hard. I was going to be stuck here like some last pick loser if I didn't get picked soon. Okay. exaggeration they had pretty much just started.

"Rachel Keller"
"But- but.." I stutter looking apprehensively over to Ovechkin who had butchered my name with his accent. I sigh and plaster a smile on my face and stomp over, grabbing the jersey offered. I didn't want to be a Slytherin... I had no jokes for that!

I sigh once more taking a seat beside Jordan who had also been chosen for the dark side about a pick ago. "How'd we end up here and they end up there?" I ask pointing to Max and Marc who were sitting side by side joking quietly. I wanted to throw something at Sidney for not picking me sooner. Unless he never wanted to pick me... Bastard!
"I want to know how I got stuck playing with my brother" he jokes elbowing Marc Staal who was sitting on his other side.

I look between the two, "Has any one ever told your mother she has a magical vagina?" I question, a lot louder then intended. Frantically I look around, sighing when I saw that we were indeed on commercial. Thank God. Jordan laughs a little harder then I thought was necessary before calling down to his other beautiful brother Eric to tell him what I had just said. Grumbling I cross my arms and pull at my jersey looking over at Sidney who was looking around the stands.

When his eyes met mine I stuck my tongue out at him. Sidney shrugs somewhat sadly before mouthing 'Sorry'. I guess he couldn't pick everyone from our team. I feel small butterflies when I look up against to see him still watching me before turning away quickly as the red light flashes above signaling the commercial break was over. I guess I'd have to play against him. This could be interesting.

”I don’t know” Sidney Crosby laughs, “I saw Keller and Ovechkin laughing together earlier. It was that evil kind of laugh she does when she’s up to something so I don’t know how easy this weekend is going to be. They seem to be getting along quite well which surprised a lot of people. I also think we should be scared...”

“Bloody hell!” I yell in my best English accent, trying to jam my foot into my skate for what I think was the third time. I was going to try and tie my own skates since there was a room full of people here to taunt me. People who didn’t know about my weird ass rituals or the fact I’ve only tied my skates myself 5 times in my life.

“Why you talk like…Never mind. I not care.” Ovechkin shakes his head waving his hand in a careless gesture. I shrug up at the Russian choosing not take the comment personally and exchange a look of amusement with Jordan.
“Ready for a game of Quidditch, Alexander?”
Ovechkin rolls his eyes at me before grabbing a roll of hockey tape, “You wonder why I pound you on ice, listen to yourself talk, find answer”.

I think he just called me annoying, I make a face at the Russian who flashes me a big smile. “I read you no tie? I tie?” he asks gesturing towards my skates, the one I had my foot half shoved into and the other which was on the floor a few feet away.

I feel my head cock to one side as I examine my former mortal enemy. The Voldemort to my Harry Potter, the Slytherin to my Gryffindor. Okay I needed to stop with the Harry Potter references, either way, Ovechkin was being nice. We were getting along, this was so wrong. His was like a Penguins sin, I was committing sin number 2, thou shall not befriend Ovechkin?

“Sure” I say after a moment, I feel my head fall to the other side my high pony tail hitting my cheek. I had dressed up today, I was wearing high boots, a dark green skirt and a silver colored silk blouse. Represent. What had shocked most of the guys was when I threw it all off to reveal my sports bra and shorts. I forgot they weren't used to that. Whoops.

”I don’t know if anyone has told you this but Keller is kind of a Harry Potter nerd. She spoke with an English accent half the time yesterday and when she walked into the dressing room said, ‘Slytherin represent’ while gesturing to herself. By far one of the nerdiest things she’s ever done”. Jordan Stall comments on his team-mate.

“It’s been a change having a girl around; she’s really nice though and talks to everyone. We’re all kind of guys in the way that we mostly joke around but she makes us actually talk with her and joins in with us. To be honest I wouldn’t mind borrowing her for a few games she plays pretty fiercely" Jonathan Toews comments, “I didn’t think she was friends with Ovechkin though, I think we were all pretty surprised when they started to get along. When she walked into the dressing room this morning they had a little stare down and she opened with, ‘Looking for a hug Ovie?’. He ended up laughing and threw a towel at her. It’s nice to see that she can easily fit in.”

“Ovechkin and I? You guys don’t assume I’m dating him now do you?” Keller laughs, “We’ve actually been getting along pretty well. I don’t know how long it’s going to last but it’s been pretty fun. We have a truce of sorts so we’ll see where that takes us, he’s a funny guy though. We were going to go play some pranks that involved er… obtaining some items from the other team? But security said they couldn’t let us in their room so that was a bust. He still scares me a bit, I wont lie. I’m waiting for him to turn on me or something but he has yet to do that.”

When asked about playing against some her team-mates.
“Oh them, we’ll kick their ass. I can’t wait to play against them. I told Kris to watch out or my skates would cut off his lovely hair. I told Geno I was going to make him see stars, I texted Max a few rude words in French last night and then I told Sid to bring it. I meant it too, we made a bet. If our team wins he has to do my laundry for a month, if they win…actually I don’t know what I have to do. He was still debating between two things when I last talked to him.”