Status: Active.

Look Alive, Sunshine

Over Achiever? Not Really..

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Cause it looks like your cat just got run over."

I stared at my best friend, "Kimmy, I don't have cat."

She rolled her eyes, "Well if you did that's what you look like," she paused as she paid for our lunch. Something we would do every Wednesday, we would take turns buying each other lunch. "So I wanna know what's up?"

I signed, "I kind of have some horrible news." I said once we made it to your usual table.

“Your mom isn't giving out singing lessons again is she?” Jackson asked looking up from his history book.

“Because if she is; I’m not coming over anymore after school.”

Kimmy laughed, “Please let me come over if she is.”

This was going to be harder than I thought.

I gave a sad smile, “I’ll give you a hint.” I paused.

“What are you hinting at?” All three of us looked up to see, the dark haired, blue eyed babe; also known as Caleb Turner. He was the star of the our glee club, the one who got all the male leads in school play, and most of all, caption of the soccer team; all over the most popular guy in school.

And I was lucky enough to call him one of my best friends.

"What are you doing over here?" Jackson asked slightly confused, "Shouldn't you be..."

"He should be sitting here with us!" Kimmy said in a 'duh!' tone of voice to cut Jackson off.

I looked at the three of them before continuing with my news, in hopes that Caleb would just sit down so I could finish. "What I was hinting at was I won't be here for the rest of the year."

"What?!" Both Kimmy and Jackson yelled, while Caleb took a seat across from me. And by the look on his face I could tell he already knew.

"What are you talking about?” Kimmy asked looking like I was about to tell her that there was no more peanut M&M’s in the vending machine.

I sighed, “My mom’s moving us to Lima.”

“Where the hell is that?” Kimmy asked looking at me like I had grown a second head.

“Ohio,” Caleb answered before taking a bite out of his sandwich.

I was amazed how Caleb knew where Lima was, it’s not like it’s a major city or anything. Everyone seemed to be taking the new better than I had.

Well except for Kimmy of course.

“You can’t just up and move!” She yelled causing everyone at the surrounding tables to look at us.

“What about senior year next year, and we were going to dominate the drama, and Glee club once the seniors graduated!”

“Kimmy…” I said calmly, "I know we had plans, but I've tried everything to get my mom to change her mind." I explained when the bell rang ending lunch. "Come over after school and I’ll explain what’s going on."

She narrowed her eyes at me everyone got up to head to their next class, "Every last detail?"

I rolled my eyes at her, "Yes, and I’ll make sure my mom is there just in-case I forget anything,"

"Good." And with that she disappeared in to the sea of students leaving me standing there.

I sighed, and watched everyone. I was really going to miss this place. I was going to miss my drama team, and glee club, and not to mention my dance team. It was going to be really hard to leave them behind, along with Kimmy and Caleb.

Okay I probably sound like an over achiever, but I wasn't really. I just liked staying busy..

But now all that was going to be changing. I was going to be moving to a new town that was in a new state. Sure my mom has moved Jeremy and me around since we were little, but I was happy here in New York.

Shaking my head of the thoughts of leaving, I made my way to my next period which was glee club. And I gotta say I was terrified to tell everyone that I was moving.

“Harley, just the girl I wanted to talk too!” Mrs. Curtis smiled up at me when I walked in to the choir room.

I bit my bottom lip, “You heard haven’t you?”

“I did,” She replied as she straightened up her music sheets. “I’m really sad to see you go.”

“In all honesty, I really hate that I’m leaving.” I said dropping my bag down in an empty chair, “I hate that I’m going to be missing sectionals.”

I finally got a solo, and then my mom pulls this crap. I mentally shook my head.

“Which, is what I wanted to talk to you about,” She said, her smile disappearing. “I’m sorry to bring this up, but who do you think would be the best to take over your solo?”

Well that was a stab in the heart.

“Well, if you really want my opinion…”
♠ ♠ ♠
wayyyy over do D:

and sorry i just kinda ended it lol i didn't know where to so.. i just stopped it there :x

But i'm getting back in tot this story.. so that's good news for you guys :)