Status: Complete!!

My Undead Life With Damon Salvatore

Chapter 19

Dinner was about as awkward as I could have expected it to be, if not worse. I wanted to crawl in a hole and live the rest of my life there.
I was screamed at by Jen for being a bad influence on Ella, my father sat and watched as I yelled back. I had already told Damon I didn't want him to step in, but I could feel the anger around him, and his usual cool blue eyes were enraged.
Honestly, I hoped she didn't come to my wedding or ever have anything to do with me again. I felt bad for my dad and Ella that must have to suck to live with her. When dinner was finally over, I made Damon and I make a hasty retreat back home.
The car ride was filled with me crying, which I had managed not to do the whole time in the house.
"Aera, it's alright. They don't deserve to know you." Damon hushed me. I was trying to calm myself down extremely. The pain in my neck shot through me. I had hardly noticed it earlier in the day, but the pain was there. I decided to break down.
"Damon, make it stop." I cried out in pain. By this time, we were entering his driveway, and parking. He looked sympathetic. I was writhing in pain, nothing had ever hurt so bad before in my life, anything I could remember at the very least.
"You know what I would have to do." he looked at me with warm eyes that told me that everything was going to be alright.
I felt the hot tears glide down my face. "I don't care!" he bit his wrist. I saw the spots of blood drip down to his hand.
Taking a deep breath, I braced myself and grabbed his wrist and drank the blood. Damon pulled it back after a few seconds. I could feel the wound start to heal, and the pain quickly disintegrated.
Without a word we both walked into the large Victorian era house. Sara and Stefan were sitting at the island in the kitchen, books spread out in front of them. They were both leaning over one of them, talking quietly, pointing things out and circling them.
"Hope we're not interrupting anything important." Damon said sarcastically while he walked to a cabinet and grabbed a glass and the bourbon.
'Not even married for two days and I've already driven him to drink.' I thought to myself and mentally rolled my eyes.
I sat down at the bar next to Stefan to see what they were looking at. Wedding books. I should have known. Poor guy, so lost in his own wedding thoughts he didn't even look up to give his brother a dirty look. Sara had him really wrapped up in it.
I felt my phone buzz in my pocket after a moment of silence. Damon was leaning against the table, and I was spinning on the bar stool. I stopped for a moment to look at the caller ID. It was my mother, I had been waiting for her to call all day.
I took a breath, I walked through the doorway and into the sitting room off to the side of the kitchen. "Hello?" I asked.
"Where are you?" my mom franticly questioned me. The panic in her voice was obvious.
"At Damon's. Where are you?" I replied in a smart ass way.
She sighed heavily. "Don't give me that tone of voice young lady." I rolled my eyes and leaned against the cream colored wall and gazed at the ceiling. "Your father just called to tell me that you left a while ago. He said that you and your husband didn't have the best of times." Shit. "What does he mean by that?"
"I don't know. Jen was pretty unpleasant though. As for Damon being my husband, he must be confused. I would have told you if I were already married." 'Liar liar.' I heard a small voice in my head say. Damn conscience.
She sighed again. "You know, I was hoping that you wouldn't really go through with this. That's why I said you could. You're too young, Aera. You have your whole life ahead of you. Are going to throw that all away for some man?" Her voice raised in pitch and loudness.
I rolled my eyes, I knew that they were all listening to my conversation from the other room. "Mom. This isn't the time for this conversation."
"Well then come home. We need to deal with this now." she emphasized.
"Fine!" I yelled at her. I pressed the end button and stormed out of the room.
"I have to go." I said through clenched teeth as I stomped through the kitchen, and into the living room. Damon was behind me. I grabbed the keys from my pocket and unlocked my car from the inside.
He spun me around to face him. "I can come bust you out later if you want." he suggested. This was terrible. I wasn't even allowed to stay with my husband. Maybe I should just break down and tell her.
I nodded. "I'll text you in a minute." I kissed him and walked out, letting the large mahogany door slam behind me unintentionally. The drive home was short. I sat in my car outside of the house for a minute.
I pulled out my phone and opened a new message to Damon. 'Should I tell her?' I sent the message and waited for a reply.
'Up to you. You would be able to stay over if you did. I could make sure of that. ;)' he replied. Damn. What was I supposed to do about that?
'we would have to tell the S's' that was my code name for Sara and Stefan. I felt very clever.
'I'll do it if you want.'
'I want to see Sara's reaction. Wait for me.' this would be good. 'Wish me luck.' I sent the last text and put my phone on silent.
I stepped out of the car and walked into the house. My mom was waiting for me on the couch. I smiled weakly at her. I didn't want to do it. I wanted Damon. I needed to do it on my own though. If I couldn't get over my mother, I wouldn't be able to handle anything. I made it through a vampire army coming after me for crying out loud! I could tell my mom I was married.
"Sit down, sweetie." she patted the red cushion next to her. I sat down and just stared at her. "We need to talk. You know how I feel about this." she narrowed her eyes at me.
"Yes. And you know how I feel about Damon." I retaliated.
She shook her head. "You're young I'm sure you'll be in love more than once. There will be 'the one' multiple times. You can't just say yes to the first one who asks." I knew what she was getting at. She wanted me to break it off. I wouldn't have. No matter what. "You haven't thought this through. Neither one of you have, and that was foolish on your part." we did think about it. I had been thinking about it since he had given me the damn promise ring. "Just tell me you'll reconsider this. It's life changing." she emphasized.
I leaned against the couch. Here goes nothing. "I know all of that mom. And we've already thought about it. Mom, we're married. Contract and everything. We are going to have an actual ceremony, but later. I know I didn't tell you. Trust me, I wanted to. I didn't know how. I'm sorry." the tears welled up in her eyes. Yeah, I did expect this. I knew she would be devastated, and probably a little angry on top of that. I put my hand on her back as she leaned forward and put her head I her hands.
"I hope you know what you're doing." she sniffled. "Are you pregnant? Is that why it was such a rush?" I stifled a laugh.
"No." I smiled slightly.
"Are you sure?" she was being silly.
"Yes, I'm positive. He can't have kids. It would be impossible." I reassured her. She sighed with relief, but then started crying, again.
"I'll never be a grandma." she sobbed again. Oh come on. As far as I could tell, she didn't seem to like kids all that much anyway.
"Well, there's always adoption." I told her. That was out of the question for us though. I didn't want children, a d Damon and I both thought it would be unfair to the kid to grow up around us. We would age, but they would. I felt my mom nod her head.
"You're right." she looked at me. I smiled apologetically. "You should go be with your husband." she suggested.
"Are you sure?" I asked hesitantly.
"Yeah. Go, I'm sure you want to spend time with him. I'll be fine." We said our goodbyes and I left. Before going back to the house, I had to pick up the ring I had ordered for Damon the month before. It was supposed to be at the local jewelry store. I went back as soon as I had it.
I walked into Damon’s house without knocking. I figured that since he was my husband that I didn’t have to. The light was still on in the kitchen, so I followed it through the living room.
“Hey.” I said to everyone, setting my keys on down on the island. They were all crowded around the bar, talking in a closed group. No one looked up at me. I rolled my eyes, them and their hushed conversations. I couldn’t hear their words, but I could see their jaws moving slightly, it was nice to know they weren’t brain dead. Was that even possible for vampire’s to be brain dead? Or would it be brain undead… I would have to ask Damon later. I was leaning on the island counter, strumming my fingers, and watching them talk. ‘Any minute now.’ I thought. Just as I did, they all looked at me.
“Did I say that out loud?” I asked, feeling embarrassed if I did. I had blank stares returned to me.
“Say what?” Sara asked.
I sighed. “Oh, nothing.” I pushed myself off of the table and stood up straight. “So what secrets are we talking about now?” I questioned chirper-ly.
“Damon said that you two had something to tell us.” Sara had a worried expression on her face. She always thought the worst since Khalid. I couldn’t blame her.
I shrugged. “Well, yeah.” Damon was by me in a second. “I guess so. But I’m sure your conversation before was more important.” Damon shot me a glare. “Or not. Just kidding.”
“Get on with it!” Sara exclaimed. I loved making her antsy. It was the funniest thing.
I looked up at Damon. I smiled. “We’re married.” I said happily. Sara’s face was just as funny as I expected. First came shock, her mouth dropped open, and her eyes widened. Then, she jumped up and down, squealing. One of those fan girl screams, not to mention the clapping.
“YAY!” She said. She hugged me. “Where’s your ring?” Sara asked Damon. Damn it! Now I felt awkward. I pulled the little box out of my jacket pocket. My hands were shaking, and I dropped it. Damon picked it up before I could. He handed it to me.
“This is your job.” He whispered to me, with a smirk on his face. He knew that things like this made me feel awkward and embarrassed. I felt myself blushing.
I took the small gold ring out of the box. I had spent everything I had saved up for it, totally worth it though. “Before you put it on, you have to read the inside of it.” I grabbed his hand gently and placed the ring in the palm of it. He took it and read the inside engraving. It read, ‘The beginning of forever’. He placed it back in my hand. I rolled my eyes at him. I took his hand again and slipped it on. It fit perfectly, thankfully.
“Well, there it is.” I breathed. I felt Damon kiss my head. I felt a yawn coming on. “I’m tired.”
“I’ll be up in a minute.” I left the kitchen and went up to his room.