Status: Complete!!

My Undead Life With Damon Salvatore

Chapter 21

Damon was in the room by the time I was finished changing into my pajamas that I had left there. I practically lived there for the most part.
"What's up buttercup?" I said, popping the P. I went over to him and grabbed his hands in mine gently.
"You are a strange girl Mrs. Salvatore." he kissed my nose. I smiled in response.
"I thought you said you were tired." he looked at me suspiciously.
I shrugged. "But now you're here and I don't really feel like sleeping anymore." he brushed a piece of hair away from my face.
"What we were talking about downstairs…" he started, and lead me over to the edge of the bed. "Stefan and I think that it would be better if he and Sara kept this house, and you and I go and find a bigger better one." highly unexpected but not unwelcome to me.
"But what about-" he cut me off.
"We can live anywhere. We can have homes in every state and continent if you want." he smiled at me. I thought about it for a minute.
"That's great!" I flung my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. "When?" I asked, moving back to look at him.
"Whenever you want. How does tomorrow sound?" Well let's not waste any time here.
"Alright." I nodded enthusiastically.
"Good, because we have an appointment set up to look at several different homes then." I rolled my eyes at him. "So get some sleep."
I started to protest, but yawned instead. He chuckled at me. Hitting his arm playfully I said, "it's not funny." I climbed under the covers and buried myself in the bed.
"Yes it is." the smile in his voice was painfully obvious as I felt him on my kiss my forehead. I drifted off into a peaceful slumber, filled with sweet dreams.
I woke up in the middle of the night with a sudden jolt. I jumped straight up in the bed. There was no one else in the room. It took me a moment before I realized that I was holding my breath, and I started breathing heavily. I dropped myself back onto the pillows. I rolled over to look at the clock for a second. It was two thirty, and Damon wasn't there. I figured he was out feeding or something, and in my half awake state, that made sense to me. If I had been fully awake, I would have realized that he doesn't feed off of humans directly, but instead they have been taking blood bags from the hospital.
I laid on the bed for a minute an listened. I realized that no one was home. I didn't have the energy to deal with the situation, so I buried myself back into the covers and fell asleep.
The morning sun shone through the large windows behind the bed, and I woke up feeling better. I got up, showered, and dressed. I made the bed too, because I felt like I should. Still there was no noise coming from anywhere in the house. I looked down the hall, and Stefan's door was wide open, with no one in it. I left the upstairs and walked down into the living room, where a fire was burning for some strange reason, but still, nobody.
I went in search through the whole house. They were no where in sight. I gave up and called Damon.
"Where are you?" I asked when I heard the phone pick up.
"With Stefan. Why?" he asked, sounding unconcerned.
"Just checking, I was worried when no one was here." I shrugged to myself, even though I knew no one could see me.
"We will be back soon. Eat something. I have to go, I love you." and he hung up. Abruptness did not suit him.
I didn't feel like eating anything at the time, so I lounged around, exploring the various rooms that hadn't been into before. I heard a door open and close soon after. I dashed out of the library and into the living room.
"Hey." I ran up to Damon and kissed him on the cheek. "What were you doing?" I asked him in my oh-so cute way.
"Stefan and I went out." I nodded at him. "We have a meeting today. Lets get this over with." I grabbed his hand and we walked out.
The way that our county was set was that, at least the way I saw it, the farther away from society you were, the more money you must have. And then there were the subdivision people who liked to believe they had money, but were actually all going bankrupt. Then there were the people who lived in town. Of course there was the 'bad' side of a town and a 'good' side of a town. That was pretty self explanatory.
Damon and I had a set up to get a tour of a house that was in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by large willow trees and a stream behind it. The house was huge and beautiful. It looked like stone surrounded the outside, three stories easily. It was surrounded by a large stone wall and gate. The real-estate agent guided us into the house and let us look around. The house had 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and 3 half bath. The master bedroom has a sitting room on the inside of it. An amazing kitchen came off of the living room –although I couldn’t cook, I loved to do it, and I was excited about the kitchen- and a massive dining room next to it. Windows covered the place, large ones looking out the back to the small creek that wound around the back. On the second floor there was an inside balcony looking down onto the luxurious living room. French doors led outside of it into the back, where I could easily see a garden in the future. There was a game and recreation room, wet bar, home theater, and a home office. But my favorite part was the cute little elevator. I grabbed Damon's hand and ran off to it.
The agent went outside to take a phone call, and I we looked around. Inside of the elevator that was taking us to the third floor I looked at Damon.
"This house is amazing! But what would we do with all of the extra space?" I asked him.
He smiled down at me. "I'm sure that we could think of something to do with it." I rolled my eyes. "But whatever you want. There's a small apartment in town if you would rather-"
"No! This is amazing!" I stopped him. We exited onto the next floor.
"There are more, but I knew you would like this one the most." he grabbed my hand to hold.
"I love it. I love anywhere that I'm with you." I kissed him gently on the lips. I was fully well of the cheesiness of my sentence, but didn't really care.
"So I'm going to go ahead and say yes to it then." he wrapped his arms around my waist.
"Yes please. I wonder how ridiculous she thinks that we must be." I thought aloud. "We look like kids just here to look." I could see her thinking that about us. Me, a teenager, and Damon looks 22.
"Well, that just makes it that much better to see her face when the credit card runs." he winked at me. Yes, he really was going to pay for it and not just compel the people to make them think that we paid for it.
The lady walked back into the house, and looked up at us on the balcony. She cleared her throat. We walked down the stairs and met her in the oversized living room.
"We'll take it." Damon said to her. She rolled her eyes momentarily.
"Look, I was just being nice. I know your type, you come to look at the houses, say you want and then you either ditch it, or can't afford it. So, just do us all a favor and not put us through that paperwork." she told us in a very rude manner. Damon pulled out the bank statement from his back pocket and showed her just how much we wanted the house.
"I'll go and get that paperwork for you, sir." she smiled after looking at it.
"That would be great." he retorted back with a smart ass smile plastered on his beautiful face. He turned around to face me, and I was smiling like a fool, trying not to giggle at her. “I can hear her muttering to herself outside.”
“That’s awesome.” I smiled back at him. “You’re awesome.” I kissed his cheek. I wasn’t all that good with showing my emotions of gratefulness… if that makes any sense. I was totally happy for the new house and having Damon with me, I just didn’t know how to show it very well.
“I know. But I like being reassured.” I playfully hit his arm and rolled my eyes. We were looking outside of the giant window that was in the unfurnished living room. I held back a yawn and put my hand in my back pocket. “I’ll be glad not to have my annoying little brother in the house all the time. Him and his moral dilemmas exhaust me.

The lady, Kristine, who was a short middle aged woman, came back into the house. We signed everything, and she said that she would have everything ready to go and we could start moving in within the next week. She left to go back to her office in town, we were left standing in a giant ass empty house.
"I guess this means we'll need to go furniture shopping." I sighed looking up at Damon. I didn't know how I felt about it, I hated shopping, but I hadnt ever gone for a whole house before.
"Yeah." he shrugged. "The more time spent with you the merrier." I rolled my eyes at him in retaliation to his remark. He bent down and engulfed me in an intense kiss, I wrapped my arms around his neck while he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. It was total bliss and happiness. Everything in the world vanished from me, and it was just him and I, the only people in the world.
The following weeks we shopped, picked out curtains and rugs, new cutlery and dishes, place mats, coasters, lamps, paintings, couches, chairs, tables, beds, bedspreads and bedding sets, mirrors, dressers, TV's, book shelves, end tables, clocks, vases. Everything. I was exhausted and grateful that we had movers, although Damon could have had it done in half of the time they did.
In the midst of all of the house shopping, Damon secretly bought me a silver BMW convertible, a car that I had been obsessed with for a few years. I cried when I received it.
Now came the time when I had to tell my mom that I was moving out. I hadn't been home all week but I certainly called every evening telling her that I loved her and that was it. She didn't know about the house, I hadn't told her.
"Mom." I said when I called her Thursday night. "I have a surprise for you."
"Oh?" she asked on the other end sounding shocked. I was lounging across our new dark leather couch that laid across the back of the living room.
"I'll be home tomorrow at noon to come and see you, okay? Be ready to go somewhere." I informed her.
"Alright. I'll see you then." she said. I had a suspicion she knew what I was going to show her, but I chose to ignore the fact. We said our goodbyes and hung up.
On the opposite side of the couch was a large flat screen television above a fireplace. To the left and right there were two slightly smaller matching couches that sat facing each other with a coffee table in the middle of all of them. I reached behind me and turned on the light yellow lamp that was on the end table and grabbed the book that I had placed at the end of me feet. We were already completely unpacked and secretly Damon and I had snuck back into my house and grabbed clothes every night and started bringing them over.
I read along through it, entranced and unaware of my surroundings. Damon was standing behind me watching for ten minutes before I finally looked up at him.
I did my best not to jump, but still smiled sheepishly at him. "You look cute reading." he stated with a smirk on his face. He stepped forward and held my face, tipping it back on the arm of the couch and kissed me from where he was. I still felt that inevitable spark that was there the first time he kissed me by my car almost two years before. The loving things he does always manage to have an edge to it, like a moth to a flame. Never the danger of being burned, it was still very hot.
When he stopped, he still held me for a minute. "Well, I'm glad I still have some way of making you find me attractive. I mean, now that we're married I would assume you to find me boring." I joked.
"No, I find your sarcasm far to sexy to think you're boring." he let go of my face and came around to my side of the sitting area, he lifted up my legs and sat underneath them so that they were propped up.
"So what were you and Stefan doing last week when you left me?" the question had been bothering me all week.
"It's a surprise. I can't tell you, and I won't." a wicked grin was on his face.
I sighed in aggravation. "Fine, but only because I love surprises. "
"So, your mom's coming tomorrow?" he asked, glancing at me, while he messed with the remote to turn on the stereo.
I sighed. "Yeah. It's going to be awkward and I fully expect her to get and or cry or something." I was stressing out about what she was going to say to me. To Damon, secretly I wondered if she would try to convince me not to live here. I shifted slightly in my seat. Damon leaned forward and placed the remote back on the coffee table in front of us and stared at the ceiling. Ron Popes A Drop in the Water played quietly in the background. The sky was dark outside and the golden glow of the lights illuminated the house inside. I was still giddy over the fact that it was ours. My name was on the deed right by Damon's.
"Aera?" he said. I hardly heard him say my name, it came out as if it were a song instead of a simple name.
"Hmm" I glanced up from my book again. He was still staring at the ceiling but quickly met my gaze.
"Are you happy?" she asked, sounding genuinely interested.
Slightly shocked by his question I gave him a strange look. "Of course I'm happy. I'm married to you, and that means we get to spend the rest of eternity together. Why wouldn't I be happy?" I asked him back. Something strange was going on in his little head.
He shrugged. "Are you happy?" I asked him instead, suddenly feeling very insecure about the situation.
"Extremely. I'm with you, there could be nothing better. I'm glad that you're happy. Your happiness is my happiness." he meant what he said, that was for sure. The clock above the fireplace read 10:30. Right on cue, I yawned.
"Let's go to bed." I suggested. I got up and he followed.
In the morning after, I threw on a pink v-neck t-shirt and dark capris and slipped on black flip flops and headed out, pulling my hair back into a pony tail. Damon left before me, he went to visit his brother. They hadn't been over yet either.
It was a twenty minute drive into town and I stopped for a soda on the way in. I was definitely not a coffee drinker, no matter what time it was.
I rang the doorbell to announce my arrival. My mom had a not on the fridge saying that she would be back in ten from the grocery store. I took this opportunity to go into my room and pack up what little clothes I had left. I grabbed my doll, whom I had called Ollie-dolly when I was younger. I graves the link plush doll and put it in the box with my clothes and ran it into my car trunk. Everything else was at home already. I was back sitting on the couch flipping through stations when my mom walked in.
"Ready to go?" I asked, standing up from the seat slapping my hands on my legs.
"Guess so." she shrugged. I turned everything off and followed her out of the house, locking the door behind me. "I wondered who this belonged to." she said while I unlocked the door.
"Damon bought it for me last week." I blushed. She smiled, buckling her seatbelt. "Roof up or down?" I asked.
She gave me a blank look. "Down it is." I said while giggling. I pushed a button and down went the cover. We drove for the twenty minutes fairly quietly. I asked about my moms work, everything was fine, she received a raise. Nothing terribly new.
I pulled onto the side road to my house, and parked the car when we reached the garage. "Wow. This is a nice house." she said stepping out of the car, gently shutting the door behind her.
"Damon moved out from Stefan's." I said, going to the door that was located inside the concrete building. I unlocked and revealed a mud room. I slipped off my shoes and opened the next door which revealed the living room. I waited for my mom to follow through.
Her eyes widened at the grandness of it. I gave her a full tour, including riding the elevator a couple of times on my insistence.
"This is an amazing house." she said while we were sitting in the kitchen, drinking lemonade. I smiled and nodded as I swallowed my drink.
"Thanks." I smiled.
"Where is Damon?" she asked skeptically.
"Visiting his brother." I stated, glancing around the room and out of the windows.
"So he just let's you-" she stopped herself. "This is your house, isn't it?" it was kore of a statement than a question.
"According to the deed, it is." I smiled in a sheepish awkward way. "Oh, and the wedding ceremony is in November, the 11th to be exact." I smiled.
"I see." She slapped her hands on the mahogany table. "Well, I'm really happy for you Aera. I told you last year that he liked you." she smiled at me warmly. "You should listen to me more often." my mom joked light heartedly.
I glanced down at the table, and smiled to it. “You’re a genius mom.” She reached across the table and held my hand.
“I’m proud of you, Aera. You’ve made good decisions in your life, and marrying him is the best one yet.” She sighed. “I just hope they aren’t for the wrong reasons” she let go of my hand and dropped it to her lap.
I knew what she was getting at and was shocked. “Mom, I didn’t marry him for the money. I would have with or without it. I love him, despite his occasional snarkish comments and asshole ways.” I was suddenly put into a dream state. “I like the way he makes me feel whenever I’m around him. The butterflies in my stomach that never get old every time that he touches me, and the way that he brushes my hair from my face.” I smiled to myself. I think I forgot my mother was there and I kept rambling. “His reoccurring smirk and the rare smile that occasionally pops up on his face. His small chuckle and warped sense of humor that matches mine perfectly. His comforting smile and that eye thing he does.” I looked back down at my hands that were folded in my lap. “Those are some of the reason’s that I married him mom. I think that it’s important for you to know that.” And it was, because otherwise she never would have known that it wasn’t just because of that.