Status: Complete!!

My Undead Life With Damon Salvatore

Chapter 26

Still slightly stunned for a moment, I quickly hurried after him. "Gah! You aggravate me." I huffed behind him.
"Remind me again why you're still a human?" he turned around and whispered in my ear tauntingly.
"You and I both know that I don't want to be there on the day of our wedding and then suddenly start to kill people." I pretended to think about it for a moment. "Although, that would make it quite a memorable day." I trailed off.
He shook his head at me playfully. I grabbed his hand and ran up the stairs with him, all the way up to our room, never once stopping. Upon entering, I sat him down on the bed.
I smiled, letting go of his hand. "I want to try something." I smiled. He raised his eyebrow suggestively. "No peeking." I winked at him and walked off into the closet. I emerged a few minutes later, wearing one of the lacy, satin night gowns. It barely covered anything. It was low cut and went just above my mid-thigh, but it was a beautiful shade of turquoise. My hair sat on my shoulders just covering the small straps of the dress.
I leaned against the door frame of the closet and stared at him, and he was staring at me. "How do I look?" I flashed a half smile and a raise of my eyebrow.
"Why don't you wear these things more often?" he smiled suggestively.
"I'm not to sure." my voice trailed off. "Do you think I should?" I played with the hem of the dress. "I think it's to short." I looked at him from under my eyelashes.
"No it's perfect." he smiled at me. He got off the bed and sauntered over to me, cupping my face in his hand. "You're perfect." he kissed my nose softly. I slipped out from under his embrace and headed towards the bed.
"Good." I crawled under the blankets and rolled onto my side. "Night then." I smiled slightly to myself. I was quite a clever person.
"I knew you were going to do that this whole time." he said from inside the closet. he was changing into whatever pajamas he wears. They were actually just bottoms. And he managed to rock the vey well.
"I'm cold. You should come cuddle me." I turned around to see him smiling at me, and I returned it.
"Oh Aera what are we going to do with you?" he shook his head as he advanced forward.
"Cuddle me?" I suggested kindly. He looked up at the ceiling for a moment before saying anything.
"You do know that I don't produce body heat, right." Of course he choose now to be literal.
"Shut up." I rolled my eyes. "Do you realize, that for a vast majority of the time you are always gone when I wake up?" I asked.
He shrugged. "Yeah."
I gave him a half smile. "Okay. Now come cuddle me!" I demanded. I was always sad when he would be gone… I liked waking up to him in the morning.
He walked over to bed and got under the covers with me. I turned to my side. I felt his arm snake sound me as I was being drawn closer to him. I was pressed against his bare chest while I could feel him kiss my neck. I shuddered at the sweet gesture, I smiled to myself.
We were torn from the moment by a loud scream from inside the house. Damon jumped out of bed and left me. I grabbed the bathrobe from the chair and ran out the door to Ella's room. Of course Damon was there before me. She was cowering in his arms, crying her eyes out. I walked towards them, suddenly very worried about her.
I gave Damon a questioning look, his facial expressions showed that he didn't know.
"Ella? What happened?" I sat down with them on the bed and curled my legs under me. Her room was much colder than the rest of the house; it brought goose bumps to me.
"I- I saw them." her voice shook. Damon still had her in his grasp. Her body was shaking, and the sobs that came from her were devastating.
"Saw who?" he asked gently.
"My parents." she sniffed and another burst of cries swept through her. I stared at Damon and he stared at me.
"I don't want to keep you guys’ up." she looked at us. Damon unwrapped his arms from her and let her speak.
"We don't mind." I said. "We don't have any plans for tomorrow." I informed her, trying to make the poor girl feel better.
"I won't be here for a couple of days though." Damon informed us. "I have to go get the car." he looked at me.
I shrugged. I had forgotten about that. "We'll have a girl’s weekend then."
"I'll be fine. You two should go." she stuttered. I didn't believe her. I knew that if I just saw my dead parents I wouldn't be okay. "When does school start?" she asked suddenly. I thought about it.
"Monday. But you don't have to go yet if you don't want to. I'm sure they'll understand." I told her. I would barely be able to leave my room.
She wiped the tears from her glassy eyes. "No." she shook her head. "I want to go to school on Monday."
Damon and I exchanged glances. "Oh, okay." I said.
"On the bright side, school shopping will give you something to do." Damon suggested. I smiled at Ella, I knew the idea was good.
She thought for a moment, and then smiled. "Okay. Let's do that."
We left after I informed her that I would check on her later. I walked back up to our room with Damon in tow.
"Are you sure she should go?" he said as he watched me climb into bed.
I shook my head. "No. But if she thinks it'll make her feel better, than we can try it." I knew that I would be desperate to get over it if I were her. Only my dad was gone, and I hated it, I wanted this situation over with as soon as possible. “When are you leaving?” I turned to the middle of the bed to face him.
“Tomorrow.” He said bluntly. “Damn it.”