Status: Check out the remake 'Young & Reckless'

Pregnant at 16. I Don't Think This Was in The Bible

The Note

Again, I changed positions in my bed and changed the page. Once again, I was reading the Bible. A week ago I would have complained that I’ve read it to much. That it gets boring after the third read. But now I’m reading it for the forth time and its absolutely fascinating. But once I finish, I’m defiantly not going to reread it.

I sighed and stopped at the chapter in Revelations. I don’t think I’m going to finish. I neatly placed the book in one of my nightstand drawers and stood on my feet. I began walking down stairs and into the kitchen.

Granger should be here in a couple of minutes. So I should get to cooking. I’m such a lame chief so I just put a frozen pizza in the oven. I set the timer and at on the island facing the kitchen I laid my head down on the cold counter.

I’ve thought a lot about what Hayden’s said. Its only been a week and I think I’m back to my old boring self. But truth is, I was never much interesting. Even after I did ‘change’.

Once I told Granger she went on a rampage. She started cursing and then finally when I thought she was done she had Hayden’s face on a dogs butt. I guess she got mad for me. Then after she calmed she told me that I haven’t changed and Hayden was just an ass whole. She also tried to comfort me by making me cookies and giving me a lecture on how I didn’t need a boy in my life. No, it didn’t help at all.

Then finally by Monday I realized that I wasn’t the one who really, it was Hayden. Okay, it was me too, but I was partly right. People change all the time. For the better or worse. You know what I never understand about boys and relationships? When they say ‘take a break’ does it mean we take and break or breaking up… A girl will never know. I sighed and lifted my head up and resting it on my right hand.

I stood from the chair and took the pizza out the oven when the timer beeped. Then as of on cue Granger entered the house. I placed the pan with the pizza on it on the stove. I turned and leaned on the counter, looking at Granger.

“Why must you always just enter my house? No knocking or anything. I could be dancing around in the nude and you wouldn’t know.” I smiled at her as she looked at me and rolled her eyes when I said nude.

“You and I both know that you wont be dancing in the nude anytime soon. So Sugar, what are we doing today?” She put down her purse on the island and grabbed a slice of pizza. Granger hissed when she found it was still blazing hot but took a few more tires at eating it.

I silently laughed, “I don’t know Sweets, I was hoping you’d tell me. Maybe we could have a chick flick movie night? Mall day? I don’t know. Something to keep my mind off of you know who…” I muttered the last part and looked down at the floor before slowly getting a slice of pizza myself.

“Summer, you’re still thinking about that douche? We need a major girl day.” She rolled her eyes. Then a light bulb sudden appeared. She rushed over to her purse, “Speaking of he whom shall not be named. He told me to give this to you.”

I slowly reached my hand up and grabbed the neatly folded pink paper. On the front it had my name scrolled in beautiful letters. But there was one thing on it that instantly made those butterflies come back. Its been a week, but yet they still seem so familiar. ‘My beautiful Summerlynn.’ It was so simple, but so… sweet.

I pretended to frown in front of Granger, when really I was glowing. “When did you see him.” I muttered. I didn’t want to speak in a normal tone.

When ever I spoke about Hayden lately I could barely speak above a whisper. Maybe because I miss him so much and I felt as if I ever spoke about him I would just break out in tears. Or because I was falling in love with Hayden Jak and I didn’t want to admit it. I wasn’t one meant for love. A teenager shouldn’t be falling in love. Hey its like they say, love has to limits. Age, sex, or color. I guess I was going to be one of those people that marry their high school crush. That is if Hayden and I would be on speaking terms again. But from the way he wrote my name, it seems like it would be soon.

“Um yesterday.” Granger thought, “I was on my way to work when I saw Hayden walking up my drive way and to my door. He looked horrible girl. Like he’d been in his room for days sulking or something. Then he just gave me that note and said, ‘give this to Summer please’. Then without another word he left,” She shrugged her shoulders and took another slice of pizza. “Whatever. Hey read the note out loud I wanna know what the bastard said.”

I smiled at my friend and began to read the note.

“Dear sweet beautiful Summerlynn,
I know we really haven’t been on speaking terms. I know I said we needed some time to think. Well I’ve been thinking. Still not done. But I just want to let you know we are defiantly not broken up in anyway shape or form. I still love you and will always be there for you. Everything was just moving to fast for me. I’ve decided to take a little vacation. I’ll see you in a week or two.

You didn’t deserve me leaving you the way I did at your party. Especially the state your in. I’ve been talking to my dad a lot. And well it made me realize much more then I have before. I don’t want you to think that I’ve left you for someone else or I’m not going to be there for you when Harmony comes. I will defiantly be there. Weather she’s my child or not. Anyway I’ll go more into talking about it when I come back. I know Granger is reading this too. Oh, thanks for calling me a ass whole, bitch.

With all my heart,
Hayden.”


“Ha! He just knew I would call him an ass whole. What a dick sucker.” Granger said with a mouthful of pizza. I smiled and shook my head. That was their friendship. Name calling and cursing. But yet they still acted like true friends in some cases.

“He said he loved me.” I smiled again and hugged the note. Like a swooned teenager that just fell in love. And honestly it was one hundred percent true. I was a swooned teenager in love.

“He also said sorry. What a keeper.” Granger rolled her eyes then continued with the pizza.

I took a piece myself and looked down at the note one more time. But this time I noticed a postal script. Of course I didn’t dare to read it out loud to Granger.

‘P.S. I fell in love the moment I met you. I’m still dazed by just looking into your eyes. Loved you once, love you still, always have, always will. Don’t forget about me while I’m gone.’

I seriously made me want to cry. I turned and pretended like I was putting looking for something in the refrigerator. I bit my lip and thought about Hayden. A single happy tear fell from my eye. I quickly wiped it away and turned on my heel.

“What about that girls night?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Such a short chapter but I thought it was cute(: I seriously cried when I wrote this. You know that poem that Hayden said to Summer at the end of his note? The Loved you once, love you still, always have, always will? My boyfriend said that to me a couple of days ago<3 Just thought I'd share that with y'all.