Status: Check out the remake 'Young & Reckless'

Pregnant at 16. I Don't Think This Was in The Bible

I Cant Trust My Emotions

I sat on a yellow swing thinking about my mom. What happened to her after I left? What did dad do, and why in the world would he disobey God and curse? But the cheating part was much worse.

I started using my legs to swing. I looked around the area. I honestly don’t know when I got here and when I decided to come. All I know is that my legs took me to the local park a few blocks next to my house.

From all the running and a 3 month child in my stomach, I was tired. I continued to swing when I felt someone coming closer to me.

Finally I felt two hands push my back lightly to help me swing higher, “For a second there I thought at your were ready to kill yourself,” Hayden whispered in my ear.

“I may be mad, but I’m not stupid.” I answered, my eyes never leaving my feet.

Hayden pushed me one last time before sitting on the swing next to me. When he sat down he twisted his swing to face me and asked, “Are you sure your okay?”

“Of course I’m not okay Hayden. My dad’s gone crazy and cheated on my mom and kicked me out for being pregnant. I’m pregnant and I don’t know what to do, and the worse part of all my friend,” I stopped for a second and choked back the tears, “I’m just so scared.”

I looked up at Hayden with my eyes full of tears. He looked at me with sympathy.

He wiped my cheeks and pouted his lip. “Well hell,” He said, “I’m kind of scared for you too.” He smiled and I smiled back.

He gave me a hug and I hugged him back. I felt a slight tug at my heart. I closed my eyes… And I prayed.

*~*~*~*~*

I was at Hayden’s house, I was using his phone to call Autumn. He was out somewhere getting food. I dialed Autumns number.

“Hello?” She asked a bit confused.

“Hey Autumn, its Summer.” I smiled at her voice, sad, but sweet as ever.

“Oh my gawd!” She yelled into the phone, “Where the fuck have you been? Anna said you were at work. They said you got fired, your phones off, and your mom called crying her eyes out worried about you. Forget everyone else, I’m worried about you.” Said said with true worry in all of her words.

“Sorry. After I got fired, my friend Hayden took me to the park. We accidentally fell asleep and we were late for school then we went to breakfast. And then a whole bunch of drama came up, I lost my phone and-” Autumn stopped me right there.

“Wait hold up!” She yelled again, “You said you were with someone named Hayden. Might this Hayden be a boy?” She asked. I can just picture her eyebrows raising.

“Yes this Hayden is a boy,” I oddly smiled like a little girl with the biggest brightest grin in the world. “And I’m at his house right now. But anyway this isn’t about me, what about you?” I asked sitting down on the green couch in Hayden’s living room.

“Honey I’m fine. I’m getting therapy and that letter you wrote me worked just fine.” She said. I like to write letters when something bad happens and I cant talk to a person face to face. I did it all the time and usually I wrote them days in advance when I had nothing else to do. I honestly forgotten I had written her a letter and put it on her bed before I left to go see how she was doing at the hospital.

“Anyway enough about me, is this boy I hear about cute?” She asked with interest in her voice.

I giggled, “The cutest.” I said. I never really realized it but Hayden was adorable. He’s one of those guys that would be there no matter what. I couldn’t help it, I felt like hugging him and touching his hair every time I glanced at him for even a second.

Autumn laughed too, “How old is he?”

“I don’t know,” I answered truthfully. Now that I think about it, he is a senior. But he has a place of his own and no one knows anything about his parents.

Autumn made a odd sound that made both of us laugh. I miss these days, where I can laugh about anything with out a care in the world. “Well when you get home tonight I want to hear every small to big detail.” I heard the smile in her voice. She was truly happy, but I knew she was dying on the inside.

I agreed to tell her everything about the past couple of days. I hung up with her as soon as Hayden walked in the door with a bag of food. Chinese, the great smell filled my nostrils.

“Chinese?” Hayden held up the bag and sat down at the small white table next to the kitchen.

“Of course, I’m starving!” I said rushing to the table and taking a small basket of rice and orange chicken.

I started to eat while Hayden looked at me, “What?” I asked sweetly touching my face to make sure nothing was there.

Hayden smiled and looked down at his food, “Nothing…” I shook my head and smiled too.

*~*~*~*~*

Hayden and I were outside the felicity home. I told Autumn to meet me out side so I wouldn’t have to listen to Anna complain and tell me I wasn’t allowed to be let outside the house for a week.

Autumn finally came out, I got out the car the same time as Hayden. I rushed to Autumn and gave her the biggest hug.

“Dude, I think your baby just kicked me!” Autumn yelled out.

I laughed and hugged her again. Autumn looked behind me, “Is that Hayden?” She whispered.

I shook my head up and down, “Damn he’s cute!” She whispered to me again.

I laughed, I stepped back from our hug and took her hand. I walked over to were Hayden was standing.

“Hayden, this is my best friend, Autumn. Autumn this is Hayden. Make nice.” I was speaking to Autumn. She rubbed my back and extended her hand to shake Hayden’s.

“So Hayden, if you don’t mind me asking, how old are you?” Autumn asked. In Autumn speak that meant if you don’t answer her question. Something is wrong with your answer. And if you don’t answer, get ready for pressure.

I patted Autumn’s back hard. She smiled hard at me.

Hayden chuckled, “Of course I don’t mind. I’m 20. I repeated high school for the education and stuff.”

Autumn squeezed my hand. “That’s nice to know,” She said sarcastically. She wasn’t interested anymore. “Well I have to go. Don’t be long, Summer.” She looked at me and winked.

I smiled and turned backed to Hayden. “Well I have to go. I’ll see you tomorrow at first period?” I asked.

He shook his head yes and went to give me a hug. I hugged him back.

“Bye.” We said simultaneously. We walked over to his car before turning back to me. He then quickly drove off.

I quickly walked in. I didn’t see anyone in there other than the two girls who were sitting down, eating chocolate and popcorn, and crying over a cheesy chick flick.

I walked to my room, “Don’t worry about Anna. I told her everything. And once she saw Hayden she backed off.”

I laughed and sat on my bed to take off my shoes, “Of course she did. That always happens when there’s a boy involved.” I neatly put my shoes under the bed next to my shoe box.

“Yeah whatever,” She replied going under her covers, “So, what happened?”

I started to tell Autumn the whole story while I got dressed. “And now me and you are here talking about drama and Hayden.” I said getting myself under the covers.

“I think Hayden fits in the drama category. You obviously like him.” She stated, getting settled under her covers.

“Hayden and I are only friends. Nothing more.” I replied back. My cheeks got a little warm.

“Yeah okay whatever. Talk to me when you start to tell the truth about your love life.” Autumn said with a bit of humor in her voice.

“Autumn! It’s not love. We’re just friends. He doesn’t like me and I don't either.” I replied. I swallowed at the end of my sentence. What’s going on with me. I don’t like Hayden! But what if I’m wrong like I always am.

“Goodnight!” Autumn said. She shut off the light. I heard her get comfortable in her bed. I got deep in the covers of mine.

I cant tell what’s going on with my emotions. But I know I cant trust them right now.