Status: Updates are gonna be slow for a while, sorry :/

Second Chances, Bad Habits

Confidence Burst

I didn’t know why but I was really looking forward to meeting up with Max in a few minutes. Time had flown, it seemed like only a minute ago that he was in here apologizing and asking to take me out for lunch. And now it was lunch in 5 minutes. I had a huge shitting eating grin on my face, and I couldn’t help bouncing up and down.

“You excited about somethin’ darlin’?” Ruthie came up behind me, scaring me shitless. After recovering from jumping 10 feet in the air, I turned to face her, the grin still plastered on my face.

“Yeah! I meeting up with someone for lunch!” I practically screamed, while bouncing even more than before.

“Oh, you meetin’ up with Ashley?” She asked, her thick accent coming through, and smirk playing on my lips at my new boyfriend. A pang of guilt hit me, as I realised that I was actually meeting up with a different guy, And Ashley didn’t know, or least to my knowledge, although Max could have told him when they met up earlier.

“Actually, I’m meeting up with a new friend.” I smiled, trying not to show my guilt at my feeling extremely happy for meeting Max. I didn’t understand why I was excited to meet him, especially in the past he was a dick to me. But something about his sober self, made me smile.

Ruthie just smiled, nodded in acknowledgement, and walked away. I breathed thinking to myself that everything would be fine. Looking up at the clock, I practically squealed and ran for the back room to the lockers. Ripping open my locker, my face fell to the floor. I’d forgotten my purse. Great. Just fucking great. Grabbing my phone and iPod, shoving them in my pockets, I stormed out of the back room. Walking towards the entrance, I saw Max standing with his back leaning against the window.

Smiling again, completely forgetting about my missing item, I walked over to him, shoving him lightly, just enough to make him fall to the side.

“Hey, what’d I do this time?” He chuckled, pushing me back light enough to only make me lean slightly.

“Nothing….yet.” I smirked, still grinning like an idiot. A swift thought passed my mind, that Ash might still be in the mall, but it left with whatever guilt I had for what I was doing.

“Ok, so I have a confession, I don’t have any money, because I had a moment of alzheimers, and left my purse at home.” I explained, smiling sheepishly, hoping that I didn’t come off as stupid as I felt. Luckily Max just laughed.

“Shit, we’re both fucked, because I don’t have any money either. For health and safety, let’s just assume it’s for the same reason as you, k?” Max said, still getting over his chuckling.

“Fairy muff.” I nodded in agreement, only to be met by Max’s confused gaze.

“Did you just say fairy muff?” He asked, looking at me as if I was from another planet.

“Yes. Yes I did. Got a problem with that?” I smirked, as begging for him to challenge my weirdness, that seems to have just come out from being around him.

“You’re one strange girl. So moving on from that, what are we gonna do?” Max said seriously this time.

Looking around me for some sort of a clue as to how we were going to be able to eat, a miracle reached my ears.

“Ladies and gentlemen, join us of the first floor for talent extravaganza. Show us what you’ve got, if you’re good enough, the public can show you through tips, if not, you’ll be met with some hazardly smelly socks.” A voice said over the mall intercom. A light bulb quite literally popped above my head. Grabbing Max’s hand, I pelted upstairs. Sure enough a small stage was set up, ready for whatever people wanted to show.

“I think I just found our lunch money.” I smirked.

“That’s all very well, but I can only play bass, and I don’t fancy being harassed by fans today.” He smiled down at me.

“So what talent are you going to do then?” He grinned, probably thinking that my plan would fail.

“I’m gonna sing like the idiot I am, come on, you have to watch at least.” I had no idea where my new found confidence had emerged from, but I’m kind of wishing it would go back there , so I would stop making a fool of myself.

Leaving Max at the side of the stage, I went up to a tall, dark-haired man that was holding microphone.

“Excuse me?” I asked shyly.

“Yes? Oh, do you want to have a go lil’ lady?” He beamed down at me. His teeth dazzled me speechless, they were fucking white as hell, I ended up nodding in shock.

“Alrighty then, what talent have you got? And do you need anything?” He asked, looking expectantly at me.

“Erm…I’m gonna sing, erm back up track or something?” I mumbled, the nerves finally hitting me. About time, stupid confidence bursts.

“Sure, we have a band over there, if you tell them what you want them to do, here a mic, and you’ve got 1 minute.” He smiled before turning, and then quickly turning back to me.

“Sorry I forgot to ask, name please?” He shook his head at his forgetfulness.

“Deli.” He looked at me confused.

“Just Deli?” I nodded in response, I didn’t like my last name, it was suckish. He nodded, accepting my answer, and walked onto, while I walked over to the ‘band’ that he pointed out.

“Alright, ladies and gentlemen, girls and boys, we have our first participant. Her name is Deli, please welcome her to the stage. I’d already told the guys what to do, and now I just had to fight my nerves enough to get up on the stage. Taking a deep breath, as I heard the HUGE crowd, clap and cheer.

Walking out onto the stage, I almost fainted, there was a least 200 people in front of me, and there still more that joining, while others were watching from the floor above. Taking another breath, a burst of confidence surged through my body, I was so pumped for this right now.

The band started playing, and my body just came alive.

“Are you listening?
Hear me talk, Hear me sing
Open up the door
Is it less? Is it more?
You tell me to beware
Are your here? Are you there?
Is it something I should know?
Easy come, easy go

Nodding your head
Don't hear a word I said
I can't communicate
When you wait, Don't relate
I try to talk to you
But you never even knew
So, what's it gonna be?
Tell me, Can you hear me?

I'm so sick of it
Your attention's deficit
Never listen, You never listen
I'm so sick of it
So I throw another fit
Never listen, You never listen

I scream, your name
But it always stays the same
I scream and shout
So what I'm gonna do now
Is Freak The Freak Out!

Whoa-Oh, Whoa-Oh, Whoa-Oh, Whoa Oh, Oh!

Patience runnin' thin
Runnin thin, come again
Tell me what I get
Opposite, opposite.
Show me what is real
If it breaks, does it heal?
Open up your ear
Why you think that I'm here?

Keep me in the dark
Are you even thinkin of me?
Is someone else above me?
Gotta know, gotta know
What am I gonna do
Cuz I can't get through to you
So, what's it gonna be
Tell me, Can you hear me?

I'm so sick of it
Your attention's deficit
Never listen, You never listen
I'm so sick of it
So I throw another fit
Never listen, You never listen

I scream, your name
But it always stays the same
I scream and shout
So what I'm gonna do now
Is Freak The Freak Out!

Hey

Whoa-Oh, Whoa-Oh, Whoa-Oh, Whoa Oh, Oh!
Whoa-Oh, Whoa-Oh, Whoa-Oh, Whoa Oh, Oh!

Easy Come, Easy Go

Can you hear me?

I scream, your name
But it always stays the same
I scream and shout
So what I'm gonna do now
Is Freak The Freak Out!

Whoa-Oh, Whoa-Oh, Whoa-Oh, Whoa Oh, Oh!
Whoa-Oh, Whoa-Oh, Whoa-Oh, Whoa Oh, Ohhhh!

I scream your name
But you never listen
No, you never listen
But you never listen” I was out of breath from bouncing and dancing around the stage, getting really into the song that I’d written. It wasn’t until then that I noticed that everyone was clapping and cheering. Whistles and screams, surrounded me. I did a quick wave, screaming a thank you, before jumping off the stage to join Max. Shock written all over his face. I was impressed with myself. Laughing I walked up to him.

“You should see your face.” I quickly stopped when Max enveloped me into a hug.

“You never said you could sing like that!” He shouted over the noise of the crowd. I grinned at the compliment.

“All this just for lunch money huh!” I shouted back, we both laughed, before walking away to buy some lunch, only to be stopped by Ashley and Andy’s shocked faces. I couldn’t tell if it was a good thing or not. I didn’t at the moment though, I was still buzzed after my little show.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry it took this long to update, feel free to shoot me :(

The song is Freak The Freak out - Victoria Justice

Enjoy, comment, subscribe x