Status: Updates are gonna be slow for a while, sorry :/

Second Chances, Bad Habits

I Almost Forgot

“I mean I know about the drugs, the alcohol, and all the other shit you use to do.” Hearing Ash say that just reminded me of when Mat found out what I’d been getting up to every night.

“I’m sorry.” my voice barely above a whisper, I felt like the stupid kid I was, just like back then.

“No, Deli, don’t be sorry. As long as you don’t do it anymore then I’m fine, I just want you to keep it in your past.”

“I stopped when we moved here, so it’s all in my past. We moved here so I could have a blank slate, a new start.” Ok so that was a little bit of a white lie, I still drink and smoke pot every once in a while, but only when I really feel the need to. No-one knew, and it wasn’t like it was out of hand like before, so I was sort of truthful.

“You look like you need to say a few things?”

“Yeah I guess I do.” I took a few deep breaths, not really sure what Ash’s reaction to what I was about to say would be. Especially now that the seed of doubt was planted in my mind, I wasn’t entirely sure I wanted to see him so soon.

“Um, Ash, I know about your past too.” Ash’s face was plastered with a look of pure terror.

“Okay, what do you know?” He said, trying to recover his composure.

“I know about your manwhoring ways and how you sleep around.” Now that the words had come out of my mouth, I felt even more disgusted. I wouldn’t have been bothered in the slightest if he had told me about it when we first started the whole thing. It was a bit more of a need-to-know basis.

“Deli, I swear on my life and to you that all of that is in my past. I love you so much and you’re my one and only.” That’s exactly what the bimbo said he would say. She also said that he would be lying when he said it.

“How can I believe you?” The trust I had for Ash had completely dissapted as he groaned into his hands.

“Ask me anything and I’ll answer truthfully, I have nothing to hide from you Deli. When I say I love you and that you’re my only I mean it. I wouldn’t cheat on you. I love you.”

“I don’t know Ash.” I was confused as to who I should believe, but Max’s reaction to what the skank had said, made it seem like she was telling the truth over Ashley.

“Baby, what do you want to know? My name’s Ashley Purdy, I play bass, I’m in Black Veil Brides, I’m twenty five and I’ve lived in LA since I started design collage here.”

“Ashley…” I said trying to stop his babbling. The desperation in his face made me think twice. Max had also said that he hadn’t done anything for a while. But I’ve still lost trust in Ash, regardless.

“Deli really, I haven’t cheated on a girl in over two years. I haven’t slept with anyone other than you since we met, I wouldn’t dream of doing that to you.” The hurt and need in Ash’s eyes pulled hard at my heart strings. Every was screaming for me to believe him, but that skank was still nagging at the back of my mind.

“Okay Ash, I guess I believe you.” Well as much as I can at the moment. I need time to think this over, do a little digging.

“Thank you. I really mean it. I love you so much.”

Sitting down next to me on the bed he placed a hand on my waist before leaning in to kiss my lips softly. Caressing my cheek he smiled a little, this one little kiss, blasted every grain of doubt straight out of my body, he meant it when he said he loved me.

“I love you too Ashley.” That was a bit half-hearted, but my heart had just ripped a little, you gotta give me some time.

“Deli, can you tell me more about your past?” Yes, because that’s a brilliant idea, let’s just give you a whole bunch of reasons to leave me and never come back. Not.

“I don’t know Ashley… I don’t think you’re going to like what I’d have to tell you.” He looked at me, almost as if he didn’t believe that the things I got up were all that bad. Just because I’m small doesn’t mean I’m innocent.

“Deli, I love you nothing you could say could change that.” Bets? Anyone?

“I just-I don’t know Ash.” resting his forehead against mine, he closed my eyes.

“If you don’t want to tell me now will you at least promise to tell me later?” When you’re far, far away, maybe.

“Okay, I promise to tell you later.” pressing my lips to his, he smiled holding me close to him.

“Thank you.” A pit opened in the bottom of my stomach, what if he did leave when I eventually told him. NO DELILAH! You can’t think like that, he said he loves you, now get a grip!

Pulling me down onto the bed with him, he laid down on top of me slowly deepening the kiss. If this had been any other time, I would have jumped at the idea of having ‘fun’ with Ash and his friend, but as he began kissing down my neck I remembered I hadn’t told him about Epitaph. I moaned quietly before trying to sit up.

“No, not right now Ash.” kissing my sweet spot made me moan again, almost making me forget what I wanted to tell him before I almost fell back onto the pillow but luckily didn’t.

“Please Baby?” biting at my collar bone my moans became much throatier, damn this boy knows me too well already.

“No Ash, we’re not done talking.” Ash groaned, clearly not impressed that he had to stop.

“Baby, please I need you.” shaking my head no I pushed him off, trying my best to get his attention, that and I felt a little uncomfortable doing stuff with him because of all the ‘experience’ he’d had.

“Okay what else do we need to talk about then?” falling back on to the bed he pulled me into his chest so my head was resting near his.

“Um, well do you remember how I sang?” A beaming smile erupted on Ash’s face, take that as a yes then.

“Of course, how could I forget that.” kissing the top of my head, he ran my fingers through my long black hair.

“Oh well thank you,” I said, blushing hard, but smiling that I’d managed to impress him so much.

“well, um, this guy from Epitaph was talking to me about how I’m the new kind of talent that they’re looking for.” If it was possible, Ash’s smile grew even more, making him resemble a chesire cat.

“Aw Deli that’s amazing, is he going to get you signed?” smiling I nodded. The excitement finally hit me. I was getting signed. SIGNED!

“And I’m in a band.” The grin plastered on Ash’s face, was now plastered on mine. All my negative thoughts were gone, I wanted to party, and celebrate.

“I have to meet with the board tomorrow at noon.” I grinned looking up to meet Ash’s eyes. He opened his mouth to say something, but I quickly cut him off, kiss him hard on the lips. His hands moved round to cup my butt. Ok so now I was in the mood for a little, shall we say, celebration.
♠ ♠ ♠
:O 5th chapter in 3 days, and not one of you has commented, we feel so unloved :'(