Status: Updates are gonna be slow for a while, sorry :/

Second Chances, Bad Habits

At the End of Another Lost Highway

When Deli said that she could be part of the outpatient program a wave of happiness washed over me. Do you know what that fucking means?!? She can come back out on tour with us and I don’t have to sleep with my bass now, I can hold her again instead. My happiness brimmed over and I pulled Deli into me pressing out lips together. I can’t believe it! I’m going to get my girl back! And of course with this news tears of pure happiness ran down my cheeks.

Just as I was kissing her again we heard foot steps coming down the hallway. The three of us froze. Shit! Shit! Shit! Andy said this place didn’t have a very up to date security system (which would explain our ability to just climb in through the window).

Deli quickly stood and rushed Andy and I to the window. Well it looks like my little visit it done for now. Andy was the first one out. From the spot on the ground where he stood he whisper yelled for me the hurry the fuck up.

“I’ll be back tomorrow, I promise.” putting one leg out the window I smiled at Deli. If you really think about this, it was pretty romantic sneaking out to see her then sneaking in to get to her. I might as well just rename myself Prince Charming.

“OK, I love you Ash.” Deli smiled at me bring out lips together one last time.

“I love you too Deli.” smiling at her one last time I quickly jumped down to Andy.

We nodded at each other before running like we at the climax of an action movie where the building behind the two hero’s is just about to explode. I chuckled a little as I got more and more into the scene that was playing out in my head. God. I’m such a child. But right now it feels so believable that a building could be blowing up behind us as we run. I really am a child aren't I?

Andy and I ran all the way down the street until we were in front of some random mini mart. I had to stop and rest now, I am a pretty fit guy but right now my lungs are on fire. Chuckling Andy rested his back against the wall of the mini mart. A huge smile play about his lips.

“Dude.... we just broke into a rehabilitation center. And we didn’t get caught. How fucking bad ass are we?” I chuckled at his words.

He does have a point if you think about it. Of course what we did was probably against the law but I don’t give a fuck. I’m just happy I got to see Deli and I know that she still loves me.

“I know right! But my lungs are killing me now. What we should have done was taken the keys to the bus from Jon then broke into the rehab place.”

“You know you have a point. Remember that for next time.”

Rolling my eyes I pulled Andy into the store. “Hopefully there won’t be a next time.”

I pushed open the door to the mini mart. I need something to drink or I think I'm going to die. Andy gave me a weird look but followed me in anyway.

“Yeah. Why’d we come in here?” like a child Andy’s eyes went wide as he stared at the large assortment of candies and drinks that were for sale.

“Because like I said my lungs are on fire and I need something to drink.” he shot me a confused look.

“How will a drink make your lungs stop hurting?”

I shrugged. “I dunno, because I said it would?”

Opening a cooler I grabbed a bottle of soda. I would buy a beer but it would look even worse if we got caught for sneaking out and I’m hammered. If we had to explain why we went out if would look a little better and even believable if I was sober. Any grabbed an Arizona Ice Tea and followed me to the register. I took the can from his hand and pulled out a five.

“That sounds logical Ash. Oh hey, you don’t have to pay for me. I’ve got money.” smiling at me brightly he pointed to pocket of his jeans.

“I know I don’t have to, but I want to, you took me to see Deli and proved to me that she still loves me. Buying you a drink really doesn’t make up for it at all though.” paying the all night clerk he didn’t look to happy to see that all we bought were drinks. What the hell else does he want us go get? It's not like Andy needs more cigarettes or that I need more condoms.

“Oh. Well you’re welcome I guess?” he sounds so confused. If only he understood how much those few minutes with Deli really did mean the world to me.

***

Andy and I tried to be a ninjaish as possible as we walked back down the hallway of our room. Of course ninja’s are quite and deadly, but we were somewhat loud and pretty giggly. I fished the key to our room out of my wallet and quickly opened the door. Thanking me Andy walked in the room. Turning my back to him I locked the door. I need sleep now. On the cab ride back home I almost fell asleep on Andy's shoulder.

“Ashley? Andy is that you?” oh shit. We’ve been caught.

“AHHH!” Andy screamed when Jon popped out from out of nowhere.

“What the fuck!?” jumping at the sight of my tour manager I almost screamed like Andy had.

“Calm the fuck down you two! You’ll wake the guys, these walls aren’t as thick as you fucking think!” Jon growled at us. Yep. We are screwed. “Now sit down the both of you. We have to talk.”

I shot Andy the way-to-fucking-go-you-got-us-in-trouble look. Shrugging he smiled at me sheepishly. I swear if he gets us in trouble I’m going to kill him.

“Where did you guys go? I was fucking worried sick?!” I wanted to chuckle, he sounds like the mother of a couple of reckless teenagers. Oh. Wait... we sort of are reckless teenagers if you think about it. But I'm pretty sure if I laughed I'd get in trouble so I did my best to contain myself.

“We um... went out to see Deli.” Jon did a palm to face and groaned at Andy’s words.

“You two snuck out to see Deli? Don’t tell me you broke in!” I smiled at him and nodded.

“Well... pretty much.” elongating my words I hope it would stop him from freaking out on us too much.

“Goddamn it! Obviously you didn’t get caught, but why the fuck did you both do that? You guys couldn’t have waited to see her until tomorrow? Do you know what could have happened if you guys got caught?” I sighed. Here we go. Another rant from Jon. Putting a sorry look on my face I sat back and waited for it to be over.

When Jon was finally done bitching at us he left saying that if we ever did something like this again we were never aloud to share a hotel room on tour for the rest of our lives. He sounded really serious about that. So maybe next time we should stop and think before we act. Maybe... But we probably won't.

“Yikes, we really pissed him off didn’t we Ash?” Andy laughed softly as he pulled his shirt up over his head.

“Yeah we did. But oh well. It was so worth it.” he laughed a little harder as he tossed the shirt into his bag and began walking towards the bathroom.

“It was! And you’re welcome for showing you where she was.” Andy smiled at me. Oh god now I’m never going to hear the end of how he helped me. I can really see him using this as blackmail against me in the future to be honest.

“Oh.. yeah thanks again for that.” clucking his tongue and laughing he shut the bathroom door so that it hid his body and not his face.

“You’re welcome Ashie poo.” my eyebrow raised.

“What the hell did you just call me?” giggling like he was a little school girl Andy shut the door and yelled through the wood.

“Oh nothing!”

I sighed. Oh hell. I can’t wait for Deli to come back so she can help me to tolerate Andy and his ‘moments’ that he has. Just a few more hours and I’ll be able to hold her in my arms once again. I smiled to myself. I'm just glad I won't have to be sleeping with my bass anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't you just love it when Jon starts bitching at you and all you get out of is is blah blah blah? Well I do! And so did Ash xD

Hey everyone, go give my wonderful coauthor/bestest friend ever Jessica some love! Why? Well because I told you too, she needs love right now!! I LOVE YOU BUNCHES JESSICA < 3 YOU'RE FANTASTICALLY AMAZING!!!!!