Silent Beauty

Silent Beauty: Chapter Four

Chapter Four:

Liam’s POV:

Once Leah calmed down, we all headed home. I drove home slowly, knowing that Leah was going to tell my mom everything, and my mom would be ten times more excited than my sister. My mother is always crazy and I think she has been waiting for me to get a mate so she could plan a wedding a have grandchildren.
I never really understood her, but now I can’t wait to marry my angel and for her to carry my pups. It seems almost creepy that I am thinking about this when I don’t even know her name and haven’t even seen her full face, but I can’t help it. She’s my mate, and this is normal for a werewolf who just found their mate.
I was so consumed in my thoughts that I didn’t realize I was already home. I took a deep breath before heading inside to face my mother. I opened the door as quietly as possible but with our enhanced hearing my mother hear it regardless and was on me in an instant.
“LIAM!! Where is she?! Where’s your mate? Oh! I have been waiting for this day since you were born. I can’t wait to meet her! I have to start planning the wedding! When am I going to meet her?!?! What’s her name? Is she pretty? Of course, she’s gorgeous. She’s your mate! Oh, I can’t believe my baby found his mate!” She squealed loudly before hugging me and bouncing up and down like Leah but more enthusiastically.
I didn’t even have time to get a word in before she started rambling on and mumbling about wedding plans and baby names. “MOM!” I yelled, trying to get her attention but she was in her own world now. “MOM!!” I tried again while grabbing her shoulders to hold her still.
She finally looked up at me as if just now realizing I was still standing there. “What?” She asked as if she had no idea while I was calling her name. I just shook my head at her smiling a little. She was something else.
Just then my dad walked in, smiling when he saw my mother. His whole face brightened when he saw her. He walked over pulling her to him and kissing her forehead before looking towards me with a smile still lighting up him face.
“So, I hear you’ve finally found your mate. Clare hasn’t been able to stop talking about since your sister called and told her on her way home.” He said with a chuckle while I sighed. I knew my mother was going to be like this.
I was hoping to keep it a secret until I got to know my mate a little more so my mother wouldn’t be too anxious to meet her, but that plan went out the window because of Leah. “Mom, I have only met her once, so no wedding plans yet.” I said sternly and she gave me a pout.
“Liam,” she whined, but I just gave her a firm look. She seemed to get it and decided to ask me more questions that I didn’t have answers to.
“Fine, but at least tell me about her. What’s her name? What’s she look like? Is she smart? What does she like to do? Does she have any siblings? Is she a werewolf?” She asked not giving me time to answer in between questions.
I honestly didn’t really know what to say. I knew nothing about her. I didn’t even know her name. I’m a horrible mate. “I don’t know her name, or even what she looks like. I know nothing about her.” I said sadly walking towards the couch in the living room.
I sat down and put my head in my hands. How could I know so little about my own mate? My mom sat next to me and patted my back, although I’m sure she didn’t know why I was so upset. I looked up and she and dad were watching me worriedly.
“Honey, what’s wrong?” She asked, but I knew she really wanted to ask how I could know nothing about my mate. I looked at her, and found comfort in her soft blue eyes just like I always had when I was younger.
“I know absolutely nothing about her. I don’t know her name or even what she looks like. She wears a hood all the time, and she doesn’t speak to anybody. That’s all I know. Well, that, and she is a human.” I said looking at the floor ashamed that I knew so little.
“Honey… It’s alright. You have all the time in the world to get to know your mate. You will see her tomorrow, and you can talk to her then. Everything will work out, and I promise I won’t pressure you to bring her over to meet me. I know I can go a little overboard, but it’s just cause I care.” She said softly instantly making me feel better.
“I know mom. Thanks, and I love you.” I said giving her a hug before getting up. As I passed my father he patted me on the back and gave me a smile before heading over to cuddle with my mom on the couch. He may be a big bad alpha but when it comes to my mother he is just a lovesick puppy who would do anything to make her happy.
I only hope I can work things out with my mate.
I made my way up to my room tired from the day’s events. I quickly took a shower and then collapsed onto my bed falling asleep instantly dreaming about my angel.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I woke up early the next morning excited to get to school. It’s funny that yesterday I was complaining about school and today I can’t wait to go. I rushed to get ready and ran downstairs.
I shouted a goodbye to my parents and sister who were eating breakfast at the table. Usually I would stay and eat some of my mom’s amazing cooking, but today I was too eager to see my mate so I skipped for the first time ever.
I sped to school, only to realize that I was an hour early. I hope she gets here soon so I can spend some time with her before school starts. At least I have first period with her. Hmm… I wonder if I can get my schedule changed to match hers.
With that idea, I walked into the school and towards the office. I hoped that I could charm the receptionist into help me. She seemed interested enough yesterday. It may be hard to flirt into changing my schedule, though, because I think I will want to puke more than once during the conversation.
I walked in and knew my idea would work because she batted her eyelashes and pulled her shirt down to show even more cleavage than it already was. I had to keep myself from rolling my eyes at her. I mean, there’s no way I would ever be interested in her.
She is like 60 years old, and she is wearing way too much makeup. Then to top it off she is wearing a short hot pink skirt and a white shirt that you can easily see her black lacy bra through. Nobody that age should be dressing like that.
I walked to the desk putting on my best smile and I almost laughed at how she looked like she was about to pass out. Was I really that hot? When I reached the desk I leaned over and gave her another smile which she returned enthusiastically.
“What can I do for you Liammm?” She purred trying to sound sexy but failing miserably. Then she leaned forward trying to get me to look down her shirt, but I couldn’t even bring myself to glance.
I wondered how to ask this when I realized I didn’t know her name. Damn! How am I supposed to do this? Hmmm. “I was wondering if you knew a girl that always wears a hood. She doesn’t seem to have very many friends and doesn’t really talk much.” I said wondering if this would work.
As soon as I finished talking she got a disgusted look on her face and sneered. “Ugh.. I think you are talking about Alexandra Sanders. Nobody likes her because she’s a little bitch who never talks or shows her face.” She spat out, and I barely controlled my wolf.
He wanted to attack the old hag for insulting out mate and calling her names, but I had to have power over him if this was going to work. At least I finally knew her name, and it was beautiful. I tried to keep my voice void of the anger I was feeling at the woman when I spoke again.
“I was thinking maybe you could change my schedule so I have all the same classes. If possible could you also find a locker near hers and move me to that one.” I said with a pleading look on my face and it looked like she couldn’t resist it.
“Why would you want to see her face anymore than you already do?!” She asked with a laugh like it was the funniest thing in the world while I was trying not to punch her. I just smiled a tight smile to hide my fury.
“I just need you to do this for me. Please.” I said looking deeply into her eyes and she immediately nodded vigorously and I smirked at my awesome acting skills. Then I realized that now I could see Alexandra all day, and I began smiling so big my cheeks hurt.
After that it was kind of a blur. The receptionist gave me my new schedule and locker number and I rushed out of the office just as the bell rang. I was disappointed that I couldn’t see my mate before school, but then I remembered I had all day with her.
I ran to my locker and grabbed both my bad and Alexandra’s bag that she left in class yesterday, before rushing into the classroom right before the bell rang. The teacher gave me a stern look but I just smiled and made my way towards my seat in the back.
My heart jumped in my chest when I saw my mate, but then I realized something was wrong. She had her head down, but it was different than how she was sitting yesterday. She looked to be almost in… pain.
I almost growled and shifted right there when the thought of her being in pain entered my mind. I took deep calming breaths and by the time I reached the desk I was almost completely composed. I think just being near here made my wolf peaceful.
I couldn’t help but smile at her and wait for her to lift her head but she never did. I watched her all class not paying attention to the teacher at all and she didn’t lift her head once. It saddened me to think that she didn’t want to even look at me, but then I thought about how she’s probably not used to people talking to her.
I don’t think anybody has ever made an effort to be her friend. These shallow teenagers don’t like anybody who’s different. If they knew what I really was they would run and hide. I’m almost glad my mate is different.
When the bell rang signaling the end of class, my mate still hadn’t moved and soon the class was empty except for the two of us. I waited another second before gently tapping her shoulder.
She jerked up and away from me as fast as possible and although I could barely see her face I knew she was scared and panicked. She wasn’t afraid of me, was she? No. I can’t have my mate afraid of me. “I-I-I’m sorry.” I spluttered.
“I didn’t mean to scare you. I just wanted to make sure you knew class was over, and I also brought your bad from yesterday. You left it in here.” I said quickly holding up the bad without making a move to go closer in case I ended up scaring her even more.
She took a deep breath, and took a step towards me shakily grabbing her backpack from my hands. Her hang lightly brushed my wrist sending shocks throughout my body and she must have felt it too because she jerked back in shock.
Her hook fell back slightly from her jerky movements and I could just see the outline of her cheek. She quickly shoved the hood down as far as possible, but I had already seen it. The bruises. Her whole face was covered in big black bruises.