Status: Active

If This Is Heaven Then Baby I Don't Wanna Know Hell

Chapter 3

**Matt's P.O.V.

I awoke to a pair of bright blue eyes rimmed in thick black and red eyeliner staring at me from behind a thin curtain of faded purple hair.

“It’s ‘bout time you woke up!” My sister said.

“Holy shit, Jaymie!” I screamed.

“Jumpy, are we?” she chuckled, got off me and jumped off the bed, which I didn’t remember climbing into last night.

“Hey, I don’t remember checking into a hotel last night.” I said.

“Well of course you don’t because we didn’t check into a hotel last night, but we did on Sunday.” Jaymie stared at me.

“Wait, what day is it?” I asked her.

“It’s Tuesday, you’ve been asleep since you dragged yourself onto your bus at 1:30 in the morning. Matt and Jason Berry had to carry your fat ass up here. What did you do after the concert?” She said.

“I, er, don’t really remember.” I rubbed my neck where that crazy girl had bitten him, but there was nothing, not even a scar.

“I call bullshit! Your too embarrassed to tell me of all people what you spend the night doing? I stripped on stage for hundreds of kids! Then I went and... You don’t need to know what I did but it can’t be as bad. C’mon, what happened? Did you get high or something without me? How could you!?” Jaymie rambled on but I had stopped listening after a few minutes.

“You did what?” I asked suspiciously.

“I didn’t actually do anything fun that night, okay? I was just trying to get some answers out of you. And it didn’t work.” Jaymie sighed. “Now, will you hurry up and get dressed! Everyone’s waiting for us downstairs for breakfast!” she stormed into her room through the door that joined the two rooms. I quickly put on the jeans and Metallica shirt she threw at me.

Jaymie didn’t wait outside so I made my way down to the hotel’s restaurant and met everyone at a big table.

“Hey sleepy! Nice of you to join us, you’re probably starving, I know I am.” Brian said. I noticed he had an arm around Jaymie’s waist.

“Okay, I’m here and awake and starving. What’d I miss yesterday?” I asked Zack

“Actually, you missed some pretty big news.” Zack said, “No, no, it’s good news!” he corrected when he saw the look on my face.

“What is it?” I asked. Everyone turned to look at Jaymie; she didn’t seem to notice but squirmed uncomfortably under my gaze.

“Well, I found out on Sunday after the show and I would have told you then but you were clearly exhausted and we decided not to wait any longer so we told everyone without you and this is the kind of thing family should know first but…I’m pregnant.”

My jaw dropped. Jaymie, my reckless, irresponsible, sadistic, hateful younger sister was pregnant? I was speechless as my brain tried desperately to process this information. I gestured wordlessly, and she nodded, understanding what I was trying to ask. She pointed to man sitting to her right, who was looking everywhere but at me. He cleared his throat and excused himself quietly, making his way to the bathroom. Jaymie shook her head; she didn’t want me to follow him. I sighed and got up anyway. I made my way to a hallway and slammed open the bathroom door.

“My sister, dude you knocked up my baby sister!” I yelled at Brian’s reflection in the mirror.

“It’s not like it was intentional. And she’s not a baby, she’s old enough to make her own decisions and you can’t control her life.” He turned to face me.

“But it still happened!” my hands clenched into fists and my blood boiled while the rational part of my brain reasoned that I was overreacting a little bit.

Brian’s eyes widened and he stumbled back against the counter. Confused, I looked at my reflection behind him. My eyes were becoming darker, and widened until both eyes were entirely black. I started to back up as well, frightened by my own rage and my scary looking eyes. Did this have something to do with that girl, the one that sucked my blood and snapped my neck?

“Matt? Dude calm down! I-it was an accident!” Brian’s frantic pleading snapped me back into the present. I was moving forward, advancing toward my friend; my reflection showed my lips curl involuntarily over my teeth.

Brian’s fist collided with my jaw and I stumbled backwards. Brian took a hesitant step forward, ready to hit me again. A low growl came from my throat, I wound up, and I was hit again, pain blooming under my left eye. I thrust my fists forward blindly, colliding with flesh.

When I was able to see past my rage and swelling left eye, I saw Brian leaning against the counter, a hand covering his left eye, and his was bleeding.

“Dick.” Brian said.

“Me? You hit me first!” I said.

“In an act of self-defense! You were acting like dome fucking psycho who wanted to kill me!” Brian huffed and went into a stall; he grabbed a wad of toilet paper so he could clean the blood off his face.

“Did-did I break your nose?” I asked. Brian had his back to me, studying himself in the mirror.

“No, I don’t think so. But I think I broke my finger, it felt like I had punched a cement wall.” He replied calmly.

“Bri, I’m sorry I overreacted, I honestly have no idea what happened to me.”

“Tell me about it, I was totally freaked out by what happened with your eyes,” he shook his head, trying to clear the image from his mind “it was just plain freaky.”

The door burst open, “You fuckers better not be fighting, I- WHAT THE HELL?!” Jaymie stared in shock at Brian, whose nose was still bleeding. She turned on me, noticed my eye and the bruise that must be developing on my jaw, and glared at the two of us.

“He started it!” Brian pointed at me.

“He hit me first!” I said.

“I don’t care who the fuck started it or finished it. You two are best friends and now you’re at each others necks!” she continued to mumble angrily to herself and she stormed out.

I sighed and turned to Brian, his nose had stopped bleeding. I handed him more toilet paper. “We did not help this situation at all.” I said. Brian nodded and laughed quietly.

“I’m sorry, buddy, c’mere.” I hugged my friend.

“We’ll both have black eyes, matching shiners.” Brian chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooou drama!

Hope you enjoyed it,

[sorry for mistakes]