Status: Completed. Be On The Look Out For The Sequel!

Unbelievable - Night Academy

Concern

I was lost in my own safe world. I was far away; in a land that I could call my own. Music rang loud in my ears as I listened to each key being pressed by my graceful fingers that slowly became into a beautiful song. Then I was brought back to a cruel world that couldn’t cherish the same things I did. I snapped my head back to see Chain and Shawn standing in the store’s doorway, their faces grim. I slowly stood and stepped away from the piano. I could see Chain force a smile as he said quietly, “You play well, Silver. How come you never played the piano in your living room?”
I shook my head at him. He didn’t need to hide anything from me or delay the talk we needed to have. I slowly walked over to him and looked into his face, “What did you find?”
My voice cracked. I didn’t realize how scared I was, but…I couldn’t figure out what I was scared of. Was it actually relief in knowing that Chain was okay? Or was it fear for Link and his safety? I didn’t know. All I knew was that my breathing was a bit uneven as I stared into Chain’s icy blue eyes. I found no comfort in them though. Chain’s eyes couldn’t lie. He had seen something. I knew he had. “We…didn’t find any trace of him.” He said, his voice under control and mysterious.
I didn’t know what to think or say. Was that a good thing or a bad thing? Without any trace of him, were we going to find him or was he…going to find us? I felt my hand clutch the center of my chest. I really was scared. There was no point in hiding it. “What….what do we do?” I asked, looking at Shawn then back at Chain.
He took a deep breath, “We wait. We’re going back to the house. We’ll stay there and go about our normal day, but you need to be careful, Silver.” He placed his hands on my shoulder, making my flinch. “He might come back if he finds that you’re there.” I saw his eyes slowly drift to my neck where he brushed my hair away, exposing the bite marks. His eyes grew distant on them as he seemed to be reliving the memory of when I was bitten.
I touched his hand as it gently rested on my neck. “I will. I promise.” I said, looking into his eyes, trying my best to reassure him. His eyes quickly flicked back to mine and he nodded. ‘ “Good. Let’s head back.” He said, releasing me completely and turning to Shawn who nodded to him. I looked over at Shackle who had naturally been sucked into the conversation. I smiled at him. “Thanks for watching me,” I said.
I saw him smile and nod, “You’re welcome.” Then I glanced back at the piano, seeing that I wouldn’t be touching it for a very long time. And with a whisper good-bye to it, I turned and followed after Chain, my heart racing for what was going to happen in the near future.
~ <3
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm a bit early in writing, but I actually had the time/inspiration! Yay ^-^
Comment?
Sub?
Still loving on my silent readers though ^-^
<3