Status: Completed. Be On The Look Out For The Sequel!

Unbelievable - Night Academy

Reassurance

I stood in front of my house. It looked so cold and quiet. I hadn’t been here in a few days, but it honestly felt like years. The warmth that usually rose into my chest when I knew I was home didn’t come. It felt like a place I never had known. I slowly walked up the walkway and towards the house. I’m sure Chain or someone had explained this all to my mom. My heart thudded in my chest, threatening to burst through my ribcage as I grabbed the doorknob and gently pulled the door open.
I took a slow step into the front room with the kitchen straight ahead and the stairs to the left. On the right was the family room and the sun stood over my piano. I let out a sigh as everything seemed to be normal. No traces of any struggles. I slowly went up the stairs and to the right was my room. I slowly opened the door to find the covers still in the state they were in when Link had bitten me.
Acid turned in my stomach as I remembered that night. I shook the feelings off and walked over to my window and gently sat down in my window seat, drawing the white, transparent curtains back and opening the window. Chain must’ve had someone come and repair it, I thought as I stared out over the horizon. Link was somewhere out there. Maybe in pain. Maybe in distress and here I was, stilling and only hoping he was okay.
I don’t blame Link for his temptation. I only blame him for giving into it…yet…at the same time I forgive him. It must be hard to resist the urge to fall into who you are as a person, but I admire him for getting this far. When I see him…I’ll let him know I forgive him. I care about Link. I care about Chain too. My life has changed a lot since spring started. I don’t regret it though. I have friends who care about me now. I’ve met new people who are different than anything I could’ve ever imagined. And the weirdest part is…the things I didn’t believe to be true, really do exist. Maybe…there’s more to life than just a simple story you tell after you die. Maybe there are things hidden that God wants us to uncover.
“Silver,” I heard Chain say behind me.
I turned to see him standing in the door way, his wings gently folded in against his back. I smiled, “Yes?”
He slowly walked towards me and sat down beside me, looking into my eyes. “I’m going to protect you so there’s no need to be worried.”
My eyes flickered. “I’m…I’m sorry,” I found myself saying, “I don’t want to burden you with this—,”
“Silver…shut up,” he said, his voice dead serious.
I felt my throat close up. I slowly nodded and turned back to the horizon. Chain must’ve realized he’d hurt me a little since he took my hand in his, as if reassuring me that everything was going to be okay. I squeezed it involuntarily, just scared. But I felt safe when Chain was around. He meant so much to me…since the day we met. He’s always been putting me before himself. I would make it up to him somehow.
~ <3
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay ^-^ <3
Sub?
Comment?
I <3 Silent Readers.
Do enjoy feedback though ^-^
<3