Status: Completed. Be On The Look Out For The Sequel!

Unbelievable - Night Academy

Warmth

I woke up with sunlight pouring into my room. I rolled over, still tired. I yawned and snuggled my pillow. "Ugh...point that morning breath somewhere else," someone groaned.
My eyelids sprang upward and I looked to find my pillow to actually be Chain. "S-sorry...what are you doing in my bed anyways?"
He shrugged, "I guess when I carried you upstairs I fell asleep,"
"Oh...w-well, thank you,"
Chain stretched and sat up. I glanced at the other side of me, wondering if Link had been there. He wasn't. I sat up also and rubbed my eyes. "Mmm...I missed my bed," I yawned, but this time away from Chain.
He chuckled as he stood. "I"m going to get changed. I'll meet you downstairs."
I nodded. I quickly got changed into a One-Star shirt, mid-thigh length jean shorts and my Irish green high tops. I trotted downstairs and smiled at Chain. "Is Link still asleep?"
"Yeah. I tired waking him up, but he only groaned and rolled over."
I giggled, "Alright."
We had a nice breakfast together and talked at the table. "So...I want to take you to this park near the house," I stated, smiling.
"...Why?"
I smiled even more, "Because its fun!"
He sighed, "Alright...let's go."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It was a sunny, warm morning at the park. No one was there yet which was nice. I ran over to the swing and motioned Chain to come over. He reluctantly did. "Here, sit down." He sat down on the swing. I grabbed hold of the links and pulled myself up onto it.
"What are you doing?" Chain asked, looking up at me.
"We're swinging," I smiled.
As he sat there and I stood, swinging back and forth gently, he asked, "...Are you in love with Link?"
"Eh?" I looked down at me. He wouldn't meet my gaze. "...No, I'm not in love with Link."
"...Hm."
I could tell he wasn't convinced.
"I...I'm not in love with Link because he's going to live forever and the only way I'm going to live forever is become a vampire and I don't want to...but that's only if he really IS in love with me."
"He's in love with your blood." He stated bluntly.
Somehow Chain's words stung. "Y...yeah,"
"...Sorry, Silver," Chain said as he stood and faced me, "But I'm not letting some vampire hurt you."
I looked into his eyes. For once I could see emotion in them. My eyelids grew heavy and I could feel myself slowly drift closer to him. "Chain, I..." Suddenly, the swing tipped forward and I lost my grip. I came tumbling off the swing and landed right on top of Chain. We both looked at one another for a moment before bursting out into laughter. This felt right, I thought, I've finally found my best friend.
~ <3
♠ ♠ ♠
Slightly longer than the last chapter.
N'awww :3
Sub?
Comment?
I like knowing people are actually enjoying what I'm writing ^-^
Thanks for everything, guys! <3