Status: Completed. Be On The Look Out For The Sequel!

Unbelievable - Night Academy

Acceptance

After walking for about an hour, I felt much better. I tried to think about this. “Maybe having these two guys here won’t be so bad.” I told myself. I tried to imagine us all together eating dinner. But it soon turned into Link sucking all the blood out of a steak. I shivered as I wondered what tomorrow was going to be like. I prayed a silent prayer for my own safety.
I slowly walked down the street towards my house. I attempted to keep an open mind about having Chain and Link stay with us, but I couldn’t help think something bad was going to happen. “I’m home,” I yelled as I came through the front door.
“Welcome home, Silver,” Link’s liquid voice said.
I tensed, but forced a smile, “Th-thank you,” he was lying on the couch reading some book I didn’t recognize. Chain wasn’t anywhere in sight.
“He’s on the roof,” Link stated.
I flinched. C-could he read my mind?! “O-oh…okay,” I answered quietly. I could hear mom making dinner and decided to go into my room and lay down for a bit. When I came in, I found Chain easing himself into my room.
“Oh…sorry. Your bedroom window has the best access to getting outside and onto the roof.” He stated, standing in front of me, his wings folded in around his shoulders.
“I-it’s fine,” I said, forcing a smile. He was maybe a foot taller than me. “Sorry…for being rude earlier.”
“It’s cool. You didn’t know,” he said, his wings stretched out a bit then came back in.
“Kids, dinner!” I heard my mom yell.
“Okay!” I yelled back as I began to walk down stairs with Chain right behind me. When we came into the kitchen, comforting smells filled the air. I took my seat between Chain and Link with my Dad’s chair beside my Mom.
“Link, do you like animal blood?” my mom asked.
He shrugged, “I suppose so,” I felt his gaze on me for just a second.
“That’s good because I drained the blood out of this steak.”
I nearly choked on my water at this moment in time.
“Thank you,” he replied, taking the glass full of blood and slowly drinking it. Soon, my mother brought out the normal food.
She reached across the table and took Link’s hand, “Let’s say grace,” I took both Link’s and Chain’s hands awkwardly and prayed:
“Thank you for the meal. May it keep us healthy and thank you for brining Link and Chain here safely. Amen.”
“Amen” they all said.
We ate in silence for the majority of our meal and I kept getting looks from Link. I think he still wanted to bite me. I sunk down in my seat some more. Once we had all finished our meal my mom asked, “Hon, why don’t you show Link and Chain to their room?”
I nodded. “O-okay,” I stood to my feet with both boys following me. I lead them upstairs to a room with two twin beds and a large dresser. “Here’s your room…sorry it isn’t much.”
Both boys shrugged and went downstairs and grabbed their things. They brought them back up and began to unpack. I watched for about a minute and then realized I was being creepy. “I’ll be…in my room,” I stated, “Just let me know if you need anything.”
“Thanks,” both of them said, continuing to unpack.
I went back to my room and closed the door. I threw myself onto my bed and stared up at the ceiling. “Tomorrow’s Saturday…what am I going to do with them all day?” I wondered. Strangely enough, I found myself extremely tried and before I knew it I was fast asleep in bed, dreaming of Link’s bite and Chain’s beautiful silver wings.
~ <3
♠ ♠ ♠
:)