Status: Completed. Be On The Look Out For The Sequel!

Unbelievable - Night Academy

Protection

“Silver…”
“Meh,” I rolled over. Was someone trying to wake me up?
“Silver,”
“Wha…?” I opened my eyes a little and saw a figure standing over me. I slowly sat up. It was still dark outside. I glanced at my clock and it read 5:30 am. I looked at Link who was sitting on the side of my bed. “Is…is everything alright?” I asked.
He shook his head and whispered, “You didn’t tell me you had a werewolf living on your street!”
“Ex-excuse me?” I asked, very confused.
He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of bed. I stumbled into him accidently and felt my cheeks get hot. He helped me up and he led me to the downstairs front room window. “Look,” he said, pointing a finger across the street. I followed it until it came to a shadowy figure standing off in the distance, staring at the house.
I tensed, “Is that…”
“Yep. He wants to come in badly.”
I looked at him, scared. “S-seriously?”
He nodded again.
“What…what are we going to do?”
“Is the house locked up?”
“Yeah,”
“Then we don’t have to worry. That bastard won’t be able to come in.”
“How…how are you so sure?” I said, looking up at him.
He smiled down at me, his dark hair in his eyes, “Because, as long as I’m here, he won’t dare step foot in this house.”
“Eh?”
He chuckled, “You really know nothing about all of us?”
I nodded, “I assumed it was all fairy tale stories and decided not to read them.”
He shook his head and sighed, smiling, “You’re so cute, Silver.”
The corners of my mouth twitched, “Th-thank you,”
“So, allow me to explain. Vampires and Werewolves have never gotten along. We both hate one another. So, this probably won’t be the last time we see this guy—“
When we turned back to look out the window the werewolf was right in front of the glass, eyes red with rage. I nearly screamed, but covered my mouth to keep from doing so. Link shoved me behind him and glared at the werewolf. “Get lost, mutt.” He hissed his pale skin even paler in the moonlight.
“This is our territory, dead-man. Pack up and move out or this won’t be the last time you see the likes of us,” he growled, as he slowly took shape of a man. He was probably in his twenties with jet black hair and green eyes.
“Leave this home alone,” Link commanded, “They have nothing to do with us.”
That seemed to anger the werewolf and he began to breathe harder, fogging the glass on the window. “This isn’t over, vampire.” Then with a howl he took off into the night.
Link turned to me, his eyes angry. “Sorry about that. He’s a stubborn bastard.”
I slowly nodded. “Will he…try to hurt you?” I asked, concerned.
He stared at me for a moment then nodded. “Most likely. Don’t worry though, I won’t let him.” He said, grinning.
I smiled, “That’s good,”
“Alright, time for bed. Sorry for waking you,” he said, scooping me up into his arms and heading for the stairs.
“E-eh?!” My cheeks went red as he gently placed me in my bed.
He smiled down at me and whispered in my ear, “I won’t let them get near the house. I promise.” And with that, I was fast asleep again.
~ <3