Status: Completed. Be On The Look Out For The Sequel!

Unbelievable - Night Academy

Forgiveness

I woke up early on purpose so I could get away from my house. I just needed a few hours to myself. I got changed into something a bit warmer than normal and headed on outside. Thankfully, no one seemed to be up—including the werewolves. Just in a few short days my life had changed completely. I didn’t want to think of what school was going to be like? Why did I have to hide so much now? Why couldn’t we just go back to when my dad was still alive?
I felt tears beginning to pour down my face as I ran towards my dad’s grave. When I finally reached it I knelt down in front of it and rested my head against the cold stone. “Dad…” I began, my tears choking me, “Please, come back.”
I broke down into hard sobs, wishing my father would come back and hold me—even as a fifteen-year-old. My dad could always put a smile on my face whenever I was sad. He was the best dad and now he was gone—and over a dumb, stupid mistake some idiot made. I slammed my fist into the ground and slowly sat up. I wiped the tears away from my face and stared down at my father’s wet grave.
Then…something very strange happened. I began to giggle. Then that turned into laughter. It was probably the hardest I had laughed in a long time. I actually began to cry I was laughing so hard. And in that moment, I felt Dad’s presence. As if he was making me laugh. I slowly stood and nodded, “You’re right, Dad. I should persevere and work hard with Chain and Link.” I turned and slowly began to descend from the hill. I took one last look and smiled, “Thanks Dad. I love you.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
When I got back, Link, Chain and Mom were all up eating breakfast. When I came into the kitchen, my Mom looked up at me and smiled. “Oh there you are. We were beginning to wonder where you went.”
“I-I left a note,” I stammered, sitting down between Chain and Link. They both were silent. I felt Link touch my knee and I flinched. Whatever he was planning on doing, I wasn’t about to let him— he pulled his hand away and I felt something still on my knee. I gently reached under the table and took it. It was a piece of paper. My eyes flickered down at it and it read: Sorry about last night.
I cocked an eyebrow. Why was he apologizing like this? Why didn’t he just come out and say it? Maybe he’s embarrassed…I guess I can’t blame him. It must be hard to keep yourself from drinking blood. It’s a temptation he’s still fighting with. I turned my head to him and smiled as if to say “It’s okay. I understand.” He only glanced at me before going back to eating. I smiled to myself. I shouldn’t give up so easily, I told myself, there’s obviously a reason things are like this.
~ <3
♠ ♠ ♠
N'aww :3
Comment? Sub? ^-^
Thanks everybody for reading ^-^ <3