Sequel: Bad Romance
Status: Completed

Winter Kiss

Kiss Me, Benteath The Milky Twilight

“There you are! I’ve been looking all over for you!” A very familiar voice said as it increased in volume, and then I recognised it as John’s. So did Gus as he looked down at me sharply, holding his breath then breathing the cool thin air out.

Within a flash, Gustav jumped up and brushed himself off then held out his hand and offered me to be pulled up, off of the now cold embankment.
I took it thankfully then nodded a thanks, which in return, earned me a smile. Making my heart twist into butterflies.

I rubbed my arms to supply warmth to my thin body, but it was no use, as I started to get Goosebumps and started to shiver in the cold air. Gus clearly noticed cause within seconds he stripped from his hoodie and draped it around my little body. I tucked my arms into the sleeves and zipped it up, hugging it to myself.

Soon enough John came into view and his face was full of shock, worry and slowly boiling anger. He walked towards the edge of the embankment and was soon close up in Gus’s face.
“Oh Christ! He’s going to hit him”

“What the hell is going on here?” John said under his breath but it was in the tone of a threat. I edged closer to Gus, just close enough so that our sides were touching, and coughed. John turned his head like a hawk and gave me the most filthy look in the world, and Gus just looked down at me and smiled.

“God! Even though I’m nineteen. I seem to still be the piggy in the middle. Great”

“Look John, nothing happened, I know it looks bad. But really nothing happened at all. We just bumped into each other and ended up falling down the hill, we laughed but then we got up straight away, then walked back up. Look! Gustav gave me his hoodie so I’m not cold, so please don’t start” I simply said in the most calm voice, but in all fairness. I was actually quite calm, and just crossed my arms over my chest then looked John directly in the eyes to warn him off.
John sighed and walked a little close to Gustav, but not close enough to be all up in his face.

He lifted his hand and held it at waist length for Gus to shake, Gus looked at both of us weirdly then placed his hand in John’s and shook twice. John gave Gus a warning look then walked off towards Fraser and started chatting. Probably to tell him he’s settled with Gus.

“Wow” Was all Gustav said as he looked straight towards the sky, the stars shining like diamonds on dark silk.
“What?” I said then looked up at him, he turned his head so he was looking at me, his baby blue eyes staring into my emerald ones. And for a moment, I though I felt something light up, but it must have been my imagination.

“To be honest, I really thought your brother was going to kick the shit out of me” He chuckled awkwardly, and reached into his pockets then pulled out a packet of cigarettes. Slowly lighting the thin stick up, pressing it to his lips and inhaling in, making the end go amber.

I laughed a little then nudged his arm with my elbow, a smiled crept on the side of his mouth as he exhaled the smoke, making little grey clouds that soon vanished up into the dark midnight sky.

“I thought he was going to as well” I giggled, then stopped as he was gazing at me, making me gaze back.
“Great minds think a like” He said and stepped a little closer. The smell of his jacket was creeping up on me again, making me feel calm and also warm.

“You’re smoke is going to die out” I said pointing a sleeve covered hand at his cigarette that was forming a long ash line at his finger tips. There was a quiet silence, not an awkward one. More like tension.

“Fuck it” He said under his breath and moved fast towards me, before I had time to react, his lips we’re on mine and his hand was round the back of my neck, whilst the other was behind his back, tapping away the ambers of the small flaming sick.

I didn’t know what to do at all, what if John or Fraser saw? Or anyone else in the band? Where was this going? And the biggest question of all, did I like him back?

Oh fucking hell

I kissed Gus lightly back, and was about to pull away but Gustav beat me too it.

“Fuck, I’m sorry I should of done that at all, god I’m such a stupid bastard!” He said as he flicked the spare ash from his cig then let it fall to the ground and stamped on it with much force, orange ambers flying out onto the cold, grey pavement.

Gus started to walk away slowly, his hands on his head, and kept shaking his head. He was all over the place, and I couldn’t help but let a little smile creep upon my face.
He was cute when he panicked.

I slowly walked up to him, and placed a hand on his shoulder, slightly going onto my tip toes to place it there in the first place.
He spun round slowly and glanced at me, trying not to cause eye contact with me.

“Gus, it’s fine don’t worry” I said softly as he looked down at me and smiled lightly.
“I’m so sorry, I don’t know what came over me, and I shouldn’t of done it, because you don’t feel the same way.
God, you’re brothers are going to kill me!” He said, his voice raising a little as he got even more worried.

I chuckled at him, making him turn round and give me a stressful look.
“Don’t laugh, it’s not funny Willow!”
“It kind of is” I said cheekily walking closer to him.
“No it really is-”

I cut him off by kissing him on the lips, I soon felt him relax and a smile slowly crept upon his face, making me smile also. His hands cupped my face as mine we’re placed upon his chest. I really didn’t give a shit what John or Fraser thought, because for once I wasn’t worried about anything and I was happy in this current state.
Gus broke first and rested his head against mine.

“I’ve always had a crush on you” He softly said then kissed me forehead and pulled me close, his warmth cuddling me, as he stroked my hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Sorry it took so long for this chapter to be up, I had writers block and recently started college so that is my number one priority at the moment. But hey, I shall try my best and i'm determind to not let this story die out and loose it's kick.

Hope you liked it, sorry if it sounds a bit crap, like I said writers block. But I saw Young Guns yesterday night and they gave me motivation again to get this thing back on track. Would love to know what you guys think! Leave us a message or comment, much love!

Title: Kiss Me - Sixpence None The Richer <3