Sequel: Bad Romance
Status: Completed

Winter Kiss

On The Other Side Of My Sofa

I was awoken by a loud band of a door being shut, and Gustav jumping next to me. My mind click to what happened last night, then remembered. In a panic, I nudged Gus in the ribs to wake him up, causing a groan to escape from his lips.
‘Too late’

I thought as I could hear footsteps walking towards the lounge area, I begged and begged that it wasn’t Fraser or John. I could really do without being screamed at by each of them, and have lectures thrown at my face.
As the shadow moved round the corner, I reached down on the floor to pick up Gus’s shirt and slip it over my slim frame before they walked in.

“Hey guys, I got some- What the hell?” A bottle of coke was dropped on the floor creating it to fizz up. I sighed in relief then reached over to slap Gustav on the back of the head to wake him up. Gustav suddenly woke up at the sight of Ben and spun round, placing the blanket across his lower body.

“Someone want to tell me what’s happening?” Said Ben as be bent down to collect his fizzy bottle of coke. Gustav coughed then raked his hand through his bed head.
“Ben, um well” I stuttered but didn’t know what to say.

“We go out man” Said Gus as he slipped his boxers back on under the blanket, the slipped his jeans on. Ben stood there like he had just seen a ghost, his brown eyes staring into ours.
“Ben, please don’t tell my brothers” I said then stood up, pulling down Gus’s top a little more to cover up a bit of my legs.

Ben heaved a great sigh then sat down on the couch, but jumped right back up remembering we woke up there.
“Dude, seriously?” He pointed to the couch, turning round to Gustav and gave him a smirk.
“What? The bunks we’re to far away” Gus said as he muffled his hair up with his hand then looked down at the floor.
“Dude, that’s just too much information. Alright I won’t tell them sweetie, but you guys need to do something about that couch, need to put some clothes back on and open some windows on this damn thing. It smells like sex”

All three of us started laughing, then it soon simmered down and got a little awkward. I smiled then walked up to Ben, wrapped my arms around him and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
“Thank you” I whispered in his ear, then walked back over to Gustav and planted a kiss on his cheek.

“Um, right then I’ll let you get changed then I’ll see you guys later” Ben said as he started to walk towards the door when Gus cached up with him. Ben turned around and gave him the look of ‘You’re not going anywhere dressed like that’ Gus laughed at him, then pulled a cigarette from the packet on the kitchen table.

I walked over to the bathroom whilst Gus walked outside with Ben, decided to have a hot shower, get changed and clean the place before everyone came back.

Gustav’s P.O.V

“So” Ben said as he leaned against the bus, kicking a stone with his boot then watching it slowly move across the pavement. I knew he was going to talk to me about Willow, I could see the smirk on his face when he asked me the question, yet the worry and concern in his eyes.

“What?” I asked a little irritably, I couldn’t be arsed with lectures and out of everyone I thought Ben would be the least person to ask.
“Nothing mate, just what are you going to do about John and Frase, you know they won’t be happy”
I sighed, I knew he was right and I really didn’t want them to find out, I mean, what would that even lead to? End of friendships, maybe the end of the band, but I hoped that would never happen.
I took a long drag of the thin stick of smoke between my fingers then slowly exhaled outwards and looked up into the sky. The smoke instantly calming me down.

“Ben I know they won’t be happy, but I’m happy. I really like Willow, and at this point in time I don’t care what anyone says. Not even John and he can be such a fucking twat sometimes” I slowly shouted a little, I pressed the smoking stick to my mouth again then slowly inhaled and exhaled, calming me down in an instant.

I could tell Ben didn’t know what to say. He wasn’t a bad guy, I loved him like a brother, but when it got to things like this, he didn’t know what to say. Ben ran his fingers through his short mousy brown hair then sighed and looked into the night.
“Gus, all I’m saying is be careful, of everything. If John and Fraser see you, they will murder you with their bare hands, and don’t upset Willow, she’s a sweet kid” Ben smiled the turned his head to look at me.

“Also, she’s only nineteen and you’re what, twenty-five? Yeah, think about that age gap”
“Look, Ben I’m not going to hurt her. I wouldn’t dream of it, also she isn’t that young. She’s twenty next month which makes her only five years younger than me. It’s really not that bad” I finished the last of my cig then flicked it across the car park and onto the floor.

“If you say so mate, I’m happy for you though” Ben smiled, then brought me into a manly hug and patted my back the let go and began to walk off to find everyone else.
“Get dressed you slag!” Ben turned round and shouted back. His laughter could be heard from across the car park, making me chuckle.

“Willow?” I whispered as I stepped back onto the bus, hoping that no one else was on the bus other than her.
“In here!” She shouted from the back of the bus, I grinned and walked towards her voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys,
took a little while to get this one up, not as long as it usually takes though which is good :D
Sorry this chapters a little shit, I really couldn't think of what to write, so this story is starting to get a little harder to write.
Hope you enjoyed it non the less though haha, as always drop me a comment to let me know what you think. And possibly some ideas, there always welcome and would love them.

Thanks for sticking with me, and reading it! Much love to you all.
Emma xx

Title: Sofa Song by The Kooks