Status: This is only active if you comment!:D

My brother's best friend

Chpt.11

The next day, I woke up early to say goodbye to Garret. Unfortunately I couldn't take him to the airport since I had school.

He put his bag on the back of the car, and turned around to face me. A billion tears rolled down my face so he hugged me kissing my forehead.

"I'll see you soon" he said to my year.

"I love you" I said. It was the first time I had said it to him, but it was completely too.

I heard him swallow some tears as he said "I love you too, Ash, I love you too." He pecked me on the lips and got into the car. I stayed there waving and crying like an idiot. I stayed there even when the car was already out of view.

"Come on sweetie, you have to get ready for school" my mom said, pratically dragging me inside.

I took a shower, the water hiding my tears. I got ready for got ready and headed for school.

The day passed as a blur. I only thought about Garret and wondering what he was doing that moment.

People noticed I was down because they were all trying to make me feel better, if they only knew it made me feel worse.

I headed back home with Mike, who came to pick me up since he already graduated. He was really depressed too, really different from his hyper self.

As soon as we got home, I headed straiight upstairs and got changed into my sweat pants and sneakers. Running was always the only thing that made me feel better, so I went for a long run. I hadd never ran this long before. I ran for about three hours straight without stopping. I was at the park, so I decided to sit down on a bench. This was really depressing since all the couples where holding hands and doing things that couples do.

I couldn't help myself from tearing up. I could feel the tears rolling down my face, mixing with the sweat from the run.

I headed back home and decided to take a shower. I took a long, warm one to wash away the pain I was feeling, although it didn't work.

*two weeks*
"Honey, dinner's ready" I heard my mom say from downstairs.

I got down and sat down on the table without a word. My dad had a smirk on his face so I asked him how could he be like that when Garret was gone.

He answered by saying "I have a surprise for you" I looked up from my plate to look at him. "Your going to go to vanderbilt for Garret's birthday. But not alone of course with mike" he added.

"Are you serious?" I screamed. This was the best thing I've heard all day. Heck, the best thing I've heard all week. "But his birthday is in two days, this saturday"

"Yeah, you're leaving tomorrow. And coming back on Monday."

"Oh my gosh thank you so much!" I said getting up and hugging my dad, then my dad and suprisingly Mike.

I went upstairs to my room to pack. I didn't have time to eat right now, all I had my mind set on was on seeing Garret.