Collision Kisses

Ten

Gerard’s P.O.V.

I pull away from our second heated kiss, and take hold of his hand.
“C’mon, lets go and get your stuff.” I say, excitement clear in my voice.
“Okay, I need a ciggie first though.”

I shove my hand in my pocket, digging around for my packet of cigarettes I find it finally and remove it from my packet along with a pink lighter.
“Babygee, you’re such a fag.” Says Frank, mockery clear in his voice.
“You’re the one fucking me.” I retort, shutting him up instantly.
I take a cigarette from the pocket and place it in my lips, going to bring the lighter to the end but as I raise my hand Frankie stops it and takes the lighter from my hand. He then raises it to the end of my cigarette and lights it for me, I breathe in and feel the addictive smoke fill my lungs. Franks hand reaches to my lips and takes the cigarette from my mouth before he places it in his own, at the same time as I exhale and release the smoke from my lungs.

We carry on doing this until the cigarette is gone, sitting on a bench a few metres away from the swings. When it has all gone, I turn to Frank before saying:
“That was probably the cheesiest thing I have ever done.” Laughing slightly at the end of my sentence.
“I’m worth it.” Frank says, flicking his fringe out of his face, imitating a L’Oreal advert.

Frank’s P.O.V.

We hold hands the whole way back to my flat, I start to thinkl I’ll miss this place but then I realise I really wont. We step into my flat and Gee goes straight to the room my mum was staying in, to remove the letters from the drawer.

I go to my room and reach up to get the holdall from the top of my wardrobe but guess what? I can’t reach it. I turn around to call Gerard but he’s walking towards my room anyway, I reach up once more attempting to reach it again. Just as I am about to relax and place my arms by my side I feel Gerard’s fingers on my waist, tickling me. I instantly contract trying to get his fingers away from my skin, he complies and instead wraps his arms around me. I turn around in his grasp and he kisses my neck before biting down softly on the flesh. I gasp unable to make any other sound he then kisses my lips softly before reaching up and taking the holdall from it’s resting place.
“Tease.” I say and he smirks in response.

I get all of my clothes into my bag with Gerard’s help and we’re done in less than half an hour.
“What else do you need babe, anything?” He asks.
“Nah, I don’t think anything, except my bed sheets because I love them. I’ll ring the landlord from yours if that’s okay, tell him I’m leaving and I’ll leave next months rent on the table. I think we’re about done.” I say, mentally ticking an imaginary checklist in my head.
“Frankieboy, I think we should read your mums letter here. Mikey likes you and everything but here is more private and neither of us know what it is going to say.” He says, trying to sound reassuring. It doesn’t work.
“That’s a good idea, c’mon.”
He sits on the couch and I sit on his lap, he takes the letter out of his pocket and opens it. We both read it at the same in silence.

Frank & Gerard,
If you’re reading this then I must be gone. This is going to be brief I promise.
I don’t want either of you to get upset. I know you didn’t want me to go but I promise you it’s for the best, and I am not living in agony anymore. Now, here is a message to each of you separately then at the end one for the both of you, as a couple.
Frank: My one and only son. I am so proud of you. I am glad you have finally become comfortable in your own skin after all the problems you had as a teenager. I want you to be happy in your life, that is what you need to focus on not money or anything else. Just make sure you are happy, and keep an eye on your sister although she is more than capable of looking after herself. I love you so much son, and no matter what your father said about you before he left us you will always be the most important man to me.
Gerard: I haven’t known you for long, but you have made an extremely good impression on me. I want to thank you for looking after me and supporting Frank through this. I don’t know if he would have managed without you. I can see what an intelligent and loving person you are and I hope that whatever happens, you find happiness.
Both of you: I have already told you both that you were made for each other. Never let anyone bother you about being together, although I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you that. Put everything you both have into this relationship, I want you guys to last. You were a match made in heaven, may you be happy together, for the rest of your lives.
I love you Frankie, look after him Gerard.
This is my final goodbye.
Xxxx


By the end of the letter both of us were crying. Gerard placed the letter on the coffee table and wrapped his arms around my body, still placed on his lap. I lace my hands behind his neck and lean my head on his shoulder. We sit there for an hour, holding each other as we cried. We were crying with relief she was out of pain, but also sadness that the saint that was my mother, cannot carry on guiding us. We both made a pact before we left for Gerard’s house. A pact to guide each other, through the good and the bad.